Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1943

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 www.POInUSA.com - Sharing Custom POIs
 Custom POI "Collections"
 ** Sharing Custom POIs - www.POInUSA.com - v4 **
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 29

skak

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 28 avr. 2006 :  21:59:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Sorry for this question but I am new to this forum, I have a nuvi 350 and was looking to get some california pois. Is there an easy way to search for uploaded files. The links on the first page don't seem to have everything that has been uploaded. Thanks
-skak
Go to Top of Page

CaptnWil

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 28 avr. 2006 :  22:00:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The TravelAmerica locations uploaded from "mors" seems to be the data from the TA web site. All of that data is in error by several miles -- note several miles. One location was several miles out in the Alantic ocean.

I have had a phone discussion with a TA repersentative about this issue. She admitted the problem and will try to correct it in two to three weeks.

When, and if, I hear more, I'll advise.

Wil
Go to Top of Page

mors

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 02 mai 2006 :  17:02:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
take 'em down then.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93784 Posts

Posted - 02 mai 2006 :  22:45:19  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You mean make some proposed corrections so the list can be updated as per the suggestions on the first page ? ;-)

redcloud

USA
427 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2006 :  18:38:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have added an updated DC Speed Traps file which adds 2 red light camera locations.
Go to Top of Page

CaptnWil

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 04 mai 2006 :  22:29:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As noted above, the TA Truck Stop location information on their site is very inaccurate. In addition, I have reported about my firat contact with the TA people.

They have now made a first attempt to correct the data, but the data is still inaccurate. Here is a quote from my last contact with them:

"Thank you for your input and time you have spent working with me on the latitude and longitude coordinates for our locations. At this time, we will go back to our provider and ask for a full review of the work they have done for us and how they will correct the error."

As I learn of the turn around time to complete this, I will let you know.

I have started my own location database for these locations, but sickness in the family prevent me from completing the work at this time. When I know more, I'll let you know.

Wil
Go to Top of Page

steve495

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2006 :  23:18:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can someone update the Outback Steakhouse POI file in the first post? It included a BUNCH of duplicates. I cleaned them up and added one new location in my area.

http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/steve495_chainstores_outback.zip

Steve
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93784 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2006 :  23:37:04  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just the reminder I needed, will do that now ;-)

gpspassion

93784 Posts

Posted - 17 mai 2006 :  00:01:33  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Done, hopefully I haven't missed one, if you guys can check, new additions/updates are shown at 05/2006 - and again, thanks for sharing !

steve495

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 18 mai 2006 :  03:50:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone just tried picking up the phone or sending an e-mail to some of these companies and asking for an Excel file?

I'm trying that approach with Red Robin. I figure that if they can provide a simple spreadsheet with the address of each location, I could post it within a day or so.

I'd also encourage companies to start posting the information for locations on their sites - good marketing idea!

But maybe we're a bit ahead of our time...
Go to Top of Page

Harrell

3 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2006 :  17:10:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, Ive experienced trouble when trying to install the Starbucks and Kinko's Poi's onto my Garmin c330. I get an error message stating that there are "errors in the data on line 2 ect ect". All the other Poi's Ive linked to have worked wonderfully and am very grateful to those who took the time to make them available!! Any suggestions as to why these two Poi's might be different and a possible fix?? Thanks Everyone!
Go to Top of Page

raaaaaa

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2006 :  20:25:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the "panera bread" link does not work can someone email it to me
raaaaaa@optonline.net

Edited by - raaaaaa on 19 mai 2006 20:26:43
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93784 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2006 :  20:41:50  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for pointing this out, fixed.

@Harrell - sorry about that, reminds me of some discussions on the previous messages, you might want to take a look, although errors should have been fixed.

@steve495 - unfortunately, we've found that most companies are either uninterested or get "antsy" when approached with that type of request, questions being "who are you and why are you doing that", they don't get the point most of the time, that's fine, gives us more flexibility too ;-)

gpspassion

93784 Posts

Posted - 20 mai 2006 :  23:17:42  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Updated for groomden's 80 REI store locations across the US.

gpspassion

93784 Posts

Posted - 22 mai 2006 :  16:48:48  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
UPDATE : Ok, so some major updates today for www.POInUSA.com - we'd discussed this in the past and now with 30+ entries in the list, it seemed like a good time to see if we could get organized a bit better.

First is the new category linked from www.POInUSA.com , i.e. http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/default.asp?CAT_ID=20 - it holds several subsections where we can hopefully find a good spot for all the discussions. The section that will be of interest to previous contributors here is the Custom POI "Collections" where each collection can have its own thread for more regular updates and easier posting of additions and corrections by people who download the list. I used groomden's message indicating the upload of the REI Stores as an example of what could be done. People who have made POIs available in the current thread are encouraged to start a thread of their own and help is available if need be.

This is very much work in progress and a common spot for all those interested in sharing custom POIs, so feel free to pipe in with any questions or suggestions on how to get things organized. People willing to moderate/coordinate these new forums are also welcome to drop me an email on gpspassion [@] gmail.com

Here is the news item on the portal : Here is the news item : http://www.gpspassion.com/fr/news.asp?id=699

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2,58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05