Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2165

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Software
 MS Streets and Trips, AutoRoute, and MapPoint
 What's New Streets & Trips 2006 / AutoRoute 2006
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2005 :  11:22:26  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Safety Warning is another “new feature” of Microsoft Streets & Trips 2006. I suspect this one will not be as popular as the ones mentioned on the previous two pages. Very likely users will try their best to look through the Registry to see if a “tweak” is possible ;-) Perhaps some users may use a send key function of one of the many freeware utilities available on the Internet to automate the clicking on the “I Agree” button. The Safety Warning is displayed when we enable Start GPS Tracking and/or Arrange Map View. Unfortunately we live in a very litigious society and this is one way how navigation software developers try to protect themselves.

Marvin Hlavac - Toronto, Canada

Edited by - Marvin Hlavac on 25 sept. 2005 11:32:13
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2005 :  15:20:08  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Water - now you see it, now you don't!

The above picture correctly shows all lakes & rivers...

...but when you zoom in closer some water features disappear(!).

Some users of the 2005 version were quite furious last year when they discovered they were unable to use S&T because some (a lot) bodies of water would disappear at different zoom levels. This issue seems to still be the same in the new 2006 version, so people who need water features will be furious again.

The blue frame on both pictures surround the same geographical area, but the zoom levels are slightly different. At one zoom level we see all rivers and lakes, but if we wish to zoom in a bit closer some lakes and some rivers will disappear.

Edited by - Marvin Hlavac on 26 sept. 2005 17:19:11
Go to Top of Page

williamh

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2005 :  18:29:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice,thanks for info.I hope it will be coming soon.
Which Store Can we buy it now?thanks.

Edited by - williamh on 25 sept. 2005 18:34:44
Go to Top of Page

AvisTow

Canada
94 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2005 :  20:02:11  Show Profile  Visit AvisTow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
S&T 2006 is not in stores yet, Marvin is a, how do you say, umm, co developer, so that is why he has an advance copy.

You will be able to pick it up at your local Future Shop, Best Buy, Staples, and other stores that normally carry Computer Software.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93884 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2005 :  20:05:48  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not sure I can see you water example, are you saying there should be more than a trickle in the left ?

robertlipe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2005 :  20:29:55  Show Profile  Visit robertlipe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice review. Thanx.

I see lots of things that benefit users of gps in the car with a laptop and new map data. Is there anything new for desktop users? Though I've bought S&T three times now and use it a fair amount, things like being able to set individual pin icons during an import have been on my wish list for a long time.

(And the wishlist of lots of GPSBabel users...)
Go to Top of Page

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2005 :  21:29:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just checked on amazon.co.uk:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000BH2AE6/ref=ord_cart_shr/026-2532912-6566839?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

They say the release date in the UK is October 18th, and it is available to pre-order at £49.95.
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2005 :  22:33:54  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
AvisTow Okay Wayne, you just promoted me from a fan of S&T to a developer of it, ROFL ;-) Next time we meet we'll drink to it ;-)

gpspassion I know the pictures are not clear. I'm going to upload something better. (Now you see the lake, but the rivers are not there when you zoom in...)

robertlipe I don't think so, but I will try to import pushpins tonight and if I notice a new functionality I will let it be known here. Microsoft MapPoint may be a bit better if you do a lot of work with pushpins. But yes, pushpin function improvements have been requested by many users over the years.

gillsr Welcome to Gpspassion Forums and thanks for letting us know. So it seems like AR will be in stores exactly 2 weeks after S&T ;-)

Go to Top of Page

rondi

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 26 sept. 2005 :  00:53:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marvin, I know this is really a MS S&T thread, but could you post a similiar screen shot of the lake and river from iGuidance that you did a few messages back.... i know--like you don't have enuf to do :)

thanks,
ron
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 26 sept. 2005 :  02:06:06  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just replaced the two pictures above depicting the issue with disappearing bodies of water at lower altitude zoom levels. I hope it is clearer now.

Rondi, there really isn't much point in showing a screenshot of iGuidance here. IGuidance is meant only for in-car navigation. Use it while you are on the road, but for everything else use S&T (or some other solution).

Go to Top of Page

luv2travelnow

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 26 sept. 2005 :  05:33:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
has it been said if s&t 2006 will be avalible with the gps reciver..i have 2005 with out it and want to upgrade to 2006 with the reciver..and if so where might find it to order or buy when it is released

thanks Dan
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 26 sept. 2005 :  13:55:12  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dan, yes, they will sell it also bundled with an optional GPS receiver. We should know more details soon.

Click on a POI (or anywhere on the road) and go directly to MSN Virtual Earth to see a nice aerial view of the location. (I now visualize everyone clicking on their own address in S&T 2006 to check how their roof looks like ;-)

Click >> here << to see the result I got when I clicked on the highlighted menu item shown on the above picture.

Go to Top of Page

rondi

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 26 sept. 2005 :  16:44:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marvin--yea i understand about the iGuidance screen shot---but if wanted to fish that river you had early, or one of the lakes from the current shot--would iGuidance be able to get me there? you are right--in one shot the lakes are there, and the river coming in from the left, BUT the one road to the right of the river is not there--zoomed in the road is now there. this needs some work yet--hopefully once out of Beta it will be fixed!!

RE: MS Virtual Earth---pretty nice. is this on the MS S&T DVD, or must you be online to get the pix? thanks for posting, ron
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 26 sept. 2005 :  17:02:09  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1. Yes, Internet connection is necessary to access Virtual Earth. Another item to keep in mind is that Virtual Earth has only been released very recently. At this moment aerial view is available for USA only, but coverage will eventually expand.

2. What I meant earlier is that I don't think you can use iGuidance for fishing for example, or for some other water activity. S&T on the other hand you could, or at least some users do that. But there is still this little glitch. (Btw, this is not a beta version I have. It is the same 2 CD's you will find in stores in a week and a half.)

3. S&T has no problem with roads. It is absolutely normal to display fewer roads when you zoom out a bit, and to show even the minor roads when you zoom in closer. (For some lakes & some rivers this works the opposite way for some strange reason. Let's hope 2008 version corrects this one.

Go to Top of Page

dumpper

Canada
118 Posts

Posted - 26 sept. 2005 :  17:12:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, and where is my "Show Current Weather" in the menu ???
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2,62 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05