Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1953

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin SP26xx/27xx/7x00 Navigation Systems
 2720 Wishlist
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

njphilwt

USA
696 Posts

Posted - 04 sept. 2005 :  14:59:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I posted some of these under another topic, but wanted to start this topic formally. These are features we want now in the 2720 (and may have once had in our old 26x0).

*** This is the revised post, after the release of software update 4.20 ***

- Allow us to turn off speaking of the destination and waypoint names entirely (as an option). Speaking the names of places and Waypoints will never be 100%, and sometimes it’s just too strange sounding. (Try creating a waypoint named “Aurora Inn”, or better yet, route to it (in Aurora New York). You'll see what I mean by strange.

- Make the next turn arrow (in custom tab mode) permanent, or provide an option for it. The floating arrow was brought back with release 4.20, however it now only appears when you're very close to the next turn. The 26xx had it displayed all the time, which is what I want.

- When browsing the map, don't switch to north up mode. Maintain track up, if that is the mode the unit is in.

Edited by - njphilwt on 23 nov. 2005 04:22:24

Ads

Bill Adams

USA
276 Posts

Posted - 04 sept. 2005 :  15:40:50  Show Profile  Visit Bill Adams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone figured out how to delete the recent finds or are there just a limited number available and new finds will delete old ones. This would explain Favorites as you would need to move recent finds to favorites to prevent them from being lost.

Bill Adams
Traveling the US full-time in a Prevost Bus conversion with the DataStorm Internet antenna and my Garmin 2610.
Go to Top of Page

GPSnV1

143 Posts

Posted - 04 sept. 2005 :  22:26:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. I want transparent boxes
2. I want less than 4 boxes while navigating
3. Improve the audio (It can not pronounce Memorial) and give more control over what it spoken
4. 6' cable, not 4'
5. Give us DVDs with maps so we can enhance our use of the device
Go to Top of Page

Bill Adams

USA
276 Posts

Posted - 05 sept. 2005 :  01:41:04  Show Profile  Visit Bill Adams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would like to see a remote that has the same buttons that are on the front of the unit.
I would like to know why British English sounds better than American English.
I would like each tab configurable by me and not tied to pre-set combinations.

Bill Adams
Traveling the US full-time in a Prevost Bus conversion with the DataStorm Internet antenna and my Garmin 2610.
Go to Top of Page

caveman

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2005 :  01:07:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The female voice on Garmin 2610 is definately more nice sounding than 2720. Couldn't they use the same female voice on Garmin 26xx?

It's also hard to understand the "HWY 401" announcement. Couldn't it just say "highway 401"? Around here in Toronto, it's more common to say "Highway four O one" than "four zero one"; or did it said "four hundred and one"?.

In Quebec, Canada, the street name announcement is even worse. But I don't speak French, and can't be sure.

I think slowing the speech down a bit in pronouncing names would go a long way. I don't think it would be too hard a fix to do.
Go to Top of Page

vonhasch

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 27 sept. 2005 :  16:51:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It might be my imagination but I swear when the voice says "recalculating" it sounds like the woman is pissed that you didn't take the original route. Either that or I have been married too long and turned into a cynic.
Go to Top of Page

vonhasch

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 27 sept. 2005 :  16:52:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A 2720 version of the club would be nice. Everytime I leave my 2720 in the car I want to check on it every 15 minutes. And that's when I park in the garage.
Go to Top of Page

njphilwt

USA
696 Posts

Posted - 27 sept. 2005 :  17:02:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, but unlike the car, you can take it inside with you.

Edited by - njphilwt on 27 sept. 2005 17:04:09
Go to Top of Page

vonhasch

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 27 sept. 2005 :  17:36:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 2720 or the wife?
Go to Top of Page

markn455

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 28 oct. 2005 :  01:59:19  Show Profile  Visit markn455's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like the colors and some of the screens on my 2620 better. Most of the interface seems to be dumbed down on the 2720.

I wish the voice would say the names of the upcoming streets when a turn is coming rather than saying turn in 200 feet.

The 2620 would show the addresses clicking by when just driving and not on a route. The 2720 needs to do this.

Mark
Ball Ground, GA
Go to Top of Page

MacUser

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 01 nov. 2005 :  17:25:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, first post here.
Wish list? How about Mac friendly?
Go to Top of Page

shack

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 05 nov. 2005 :  02:47:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with wishing that Garmin updates would support a Mac OS.
Go to Top of Page

ShastyMcNasty

6 Posts

Posted - 09 nov. 2005 :  14:45:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 2720 will show you the addresses going by. You can select a tab that does exactly that.

quote:
Originally posted by markn455

I like the colors and some of the screens on my 2620 better. Most of the interface seems to be dumbed down on the 2720.

I wish the voice would say the names of the upcoming streets when a turn is coming rather than saying turn in 200 feet.

The 2620 would show the addresses clicking by when just driving and not on a route. The 2720 needs to do this.

Mark
Ball Ground, GA

Go to Top of Page

robwestchester

8 Posts

Posted - 03 déc. 2005 :  07:23:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think they should add optional Password protection to a future 2720 Firmware release. 3 options

A: No password
B: Password at boot-up
C: Password prompted every "x" number of boot-up's (where x is user configurable)

There should be no way to override this without having to call Garmin for a backdoor password, which would be individual to each unit based on serial number.

So if your unit is stolen, call Garmin and report it as such (as long as you'[re the registered owner)
Go to Top of Page

vicpai

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 05 déc. 2005 :  09:01:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More than anything else, I would really like to see them use the SIRFstarIII chipset,as that would make the 2720/2730 JUST WHAT I WANT (and I'm sure many others feel the same way)

Just tested the Garmin Nuvi 350, with it's SIRFstarIII receiver, in the urban canyons of downtown Los Angeles where my current SP 2610 completely loses signal most of the time, and it was nothing short of AMAZING!!!...it partially lost signal only once in my nearly 40 minutes of driving throught the entire area, and even then only for a couple of seconds, after which it virtually INSTANTLY locked back on to the sats.....really a DAY AND NIGHT difference!!!

However there are a ton of things that are far worse on the Nuvi compared to my 2610:

Speaker is horrendous (at full volume, driving at 70mph on the freeway it is still not loud enough when playing music, and my LS 400 is one of the quietest cars around...besides this, the audio from the speaker gets very distorted at higher volumes.)

Secondly, there are no options to change a lot of settings. For example, the screen zooms in and out madly after making turns etc., which is EXTREMELY DISTRACTING, and there is no option to allow you to keep a constant scale. I absolutely prefer to keep it to the zoom level I've chosen, throughout the route.

The POI database seems much worse than my 2610, although this could have someting to do with the data in the new "city navigator version 7" software. I'm running ver.5 in mine. I tried "LONGO LEXUS" and a couple other POIs in the Nuvi and it could not find them (They are there in my 2610)

An arrow to always tell you which direction your next turn is, like in the new 2720 would've been really nice.

2000 Lexus LS 400 with Nakamichi&Air Suspension

Edited by - vicpai on 05 déc. 2005 09:03:14
Go to Top of Page

Bill Adams

USA
276 Posts

Posted - 10 déc. 2005 :  02:38:42  Show Profile  Visit Bill Adams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wish I had never bought a 2720. As great as the 2610 was, the 2720 seems to be the evil twin sister.
EDIT: With the release (finally) of good firmware (4.5) I once again am a happy 2720 owner.

Bill Adams
Traveling the US full-time in a Prevost Bus conversion with the DataStorm Internet antenna and my Garmin 2720.

Edited by - Bill Adams on 16 janv. 2006 16:58:03
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,88 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05