Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2202

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin iX, C3x0 and C5x0 Systems
 Easter Eggs - Hidden menus
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

paulweustink

4 Posts

Posted - 12 mars 2007 :  21:44:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just saw that the 5.2 and 5.3 firmware of the c550 have MSN Direct information pages in the hidden menu (just below speed indicator). And in another topic it is described that the MSN Direct cable works with the c550. Does anyone else have some information on this?
Go to Top of Page

paulweustink

4 Posts

Posted - 20 mars 2007 :  23:50:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just found a different way to connect the c550 to XP. Normally the c550 is shown in a "diskdrive mode", as 2 additional drives. The data connection mode can be used as well:

- install the latest Garmin USB drivers (once)

- disconnect the USB cable on the c550
- restart it
- goto the test screen from the menu upper-right corner
- connect the USB cable on the c550
- press the exit button from the test screen
- after a reset the c550 uses the data connection mode

Now you can use other tools like MetroWizz as well :-D
Go to Top of Page

garminc330

2 Posts

Posted - 22 juin 2007 :  16:57:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I purchased my c330 over a month ago, and I'm getting this problem. When I drive through downtown Toronto, it keeps recalculating the route and moves all over the map. I checked with Garmin and they suggested WAAS and/or GA 25MCX, which you guys are saying both don't work. I wonder if there is anything else that can be done because every city has tall buildings, so if doesn't work in th city, then what good is it. Is there any other powerful antenna that can be attached to this GPS to make it work in the city??
Go to Top of Page

mwolf7

1 Posts

Posted - 09 août 2007 :  00:58:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulweustink

I just saw that the 5.2 and 5.3 firmware of the c550 have MSN Direct information pages in the hidden menu (just below speed indicator). And in another topic it is described that the MSN Direct cable works with the c550. Does anyone else have some information on this?

I spoke with Garmin tech support today regarding the MSN Direct application on the c550 (not c580, the c580 comes preloaded with MSN Direct). He said that if you have the GDB50 (comes with the c580) vehicle adapter, the c550 will recieve MSN Direct automatically and can be used just like the c580. He directly stated that you needed the most recent version of the firmware loaded on your unit and that no physical loading (via USB) is needed.

Best of luck,
Matt
Santa Monica (LA), CA

c550 owner
Go to Top of Page

MetroConnect

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 09 août 2007 :  01:34:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just spoke with Garmin support yesterday regarding the poor performance of my GDB 50 (MSN Direct receiver) when used with my c550. They told me that it's unsupported and the do not recommend connecting the two together. I've been discussing this in the Nuvi section, since that's where all the action seems to be with regard to MSN Direct.

The c550 does complain a bit at startup, but other than that it does seem to support the MSN Direct receiver.

I'd love to get some support from them on this. Any idea who (by name) you talked to in support, or how I can reach them?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05