Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2221

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin iX, C3x0 and C5x0 Systems
 Easter Eggs - Hidden menus
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

EastCoastClimber

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 02 sept. 2005 :  16:36:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
#2: seems to work if I press within a little less than an inch of the center on my c330's trip computer display. I press the 'moving avg' section on the display. you have to hold it several seconds as well.

#1. holding the down right upper corner/battery indicator area from the main screen gets you behind the firewall and apparently enables you to tweak the firmware.

I'm not that versed in tech but some of you more tech savy guys may find this useful. Sorry if this is already a well known fact, but I'm the new guy and got excited when I discovered this

ECC

Richmond, Virginia

Edited by - EastCoastClimber on 02 sept. 2005 16:41:43

Ads

Jerry944T

50 Posts

Posted - 03 sept. 2005 :  16:52:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is an interesting screen which leads to many other interesting screens. I guess they are all diagnostic screens as far as I can tell. Maybe they will be of use to some of the more savvy readers here.

FYI I don't think this feature is common knowledge since this is the first time I can recall it being mentioned.

Horsepower costs money, how fast do you want to go?
Go to Top of Page

diverhank

USA
924 Posts

Posted - 03 sept. 2005 :  21:21:51  Show Profile  Visit diverhank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes this is a great find! ECC, would you cut and paste this into the sticky "Undocumented Features"? That way people can find it easier without having to bump this message in the future. Thanks

Hank
http://home.socal.rr.com/diverhank/SP26X0UndocumentedFeatures.htm
http://home.socal.rr.com/diverhank/ForeRunner201.htm
Go to Top of Page

flipper500

Germany
29 Posts

Posted - 03 sept. 2005 :  21:29:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
does anybody know what the nand-test is for?

Edited by - flipper500 on 03 sept. 2005 21:31:37
Go to Top of Page

Dadcat

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06 sept. 2005 :  00:46:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the Audio Test Page you can scroll through a bunch of sound files with the arrows on the right and play them back with the button in the upper left corner.

I am particularly intrigued by the phrases referring to "arriving at via-point".

Since the c3xx doesn't allow via-points, I'm hoping the inclusion of the sound files in this firmware rev are preparation for adding that function in the next revision.

Somewhat off topic -- To me, the biggest drawback of the c3xx series is the inability to stop it from taking a route you know you shouldn't take. In June, I was in College Point, New York, and my c320 insisted I should go through the middle of Manhattan at rush hour in order to get to Newark Airport. I'm from Oregon and a firm believer in local knowledge. The people at the business I was visiting were positive I should go around the south side of the city even though it was 10 miles longer. This could have been handled with a single via-point on the Belt Parkway but I had to ignore about 10 "off route" notifications before the Garmin finally got the right idea.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93944 Posts

Posted - 06 sept. 2005 :  00:59:51  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Probably a bit OT yes, but interesting nonetheless, "detour" didn't help did it ?

Dadcat

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06 sept. 2005 :  02:39:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, it didn't. "Detour" tries to get back on the original route as soon as possible. It's less useful than forced or "off route" recalculations for that purpose. I'm not sure if an "off route" recalculation does the same thing as forcing one by going to "recent selections" and reselecting the destination, but it's different than a detour. When this is happening for me on the road I'm already confused and not very scientifically inclined.

Jeff

Edited by - Dadcat on 06 sept. 2005 02:40:36
Go to Top of Page

Kris2005

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2005 :  04:42:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hm, tried it. Nothing happened. I have C320. What did I do wrong?
Go to Top of Page

EastCoastClimber

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2005 :  06:08:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kris, just press down to the right area of the battery indicator towards the upper right corner. Hold for 5-10 seconds or so. I wouldn't suggest tweaking anything until someone knows exactly what they are doing.

Richmond, Virginia
Go to Top of Page

Kris2005

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2005 :  16:11:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thaks, it works.
Go to Top of Page

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 13 sept. 2005 :  16:14:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EastCoastClimber

holding the down right upper corner/battery indicator area from the main screen gets you behind the firewall and apparently enables you to tweak the firmware.

How to return to the main screen?
Go to Top of Page

flipper500

Germany
29 Posts

Posted - 13 sept. 2005 :  16:29:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Turn the unit off!
Go to Top of Page

MichaelLegner

Sweden
206 Posts

Posted - 13 sept. 2005 :  16:46:13  Show Profile  Visit MichaelLegner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dadcat
...The people at the business I was visiting were positive I should go around the south side of the city even though it was 10 miles longer. This could have been handled with a single via-point on the Belt Parkway...

Yes, the biggest problem with the C3xx is the choice between either the shortest or the fastest route. If we at least could have a question each time, whether to go the shortest or fastest way (together with the route info as distance and time). Usually a human selects something inbetween.

In your case, I would have selected those via-points so that they were available in the "Recent" list. Then navigated to each as a separate route. Cumbersome but in some cases the only way to do it.

Garmin C320 owner
Go to Top of Page

redcloud

USA
427 Posts

Posted - 13 sept. 2005 :  16:58:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I noticed that the serial and model #'s are diffent than that posted on my unit. Wow, my checksum test failed and I get an imcompatible audio version.

Edited by - redcloud on 13 sept. 2005 17:11:46
Go to Top of Page

flipper500

Germany
29 Posts

Posted - 13 sept. 2005 :  20:32:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by redcloud

I noticed that the serial and model #'s are diffent than that posted on my unit. Wow, my checksum test failed and I get an imcompatible audio version.

The first is normal, the second not!
Go to Top of Page

redcloud

USA
427 Posts

Posted - 13 sept. 2005 :  21:37:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Proably because I use British English in a US version.

Edited by - redcloud on 13 sept. 2005 21:39:45
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,81 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05