Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2266

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 POI Loader for Garmin GPS - v2.7.1/v2.2 - 08/2011
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Spig

17 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2005 :  18:40:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know how to write the CSV files that are needed?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2005 :  23:58:47  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pretty basic really: long, lat, description
More details in the HELP file of the POI Loader app.

Real Ragman

11 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2005 :  17:22:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I uploaded over the 1600 POI.
Still working fine, anybody knows what's the limit?

C320 user
Go to Top of Page

Spig

17 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2005 :  19:09:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone explain to me how I write / edit the csv files, in laymans terms i.e. I am no computer buff! I have downloaded some speed camera data base csv files and the POI loader lets me alter the proximity setting for distance/speed settings. However these values aren't changed when downloaded into the unit and viewed.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2005 :  19:22:04  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@RR - I've got 7,900 still ok ;-)

@Spif - not sure what values you're referring to, best bet is to look at the HELP file for the format and option, it's pretty well made

Spig

17 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2005 :  19:34:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Proximity alerts points are editable in the POI loader program. It lets me change the speed and distance from POI when the alarm is activated. It lets me load the data to the C320. However, when I view the POI in the Custom POI's section,the Proximity alarm distance and speed settings are different. They are probably in the original file, and I haven't a clue how to access that file or edit it.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2005 :  19:41:18  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Notepad should do the trick ;-) If you need to do some more powerful editing fire up Excel.

Spig

17 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2005 :  20:58:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gpspassion, that did the trick, thanks. Just to let you know the POI loader only lets you change proximity alert distance/speed settings where no data exists in the original CSV file. If the data is there it won't overwrite it. You have to edit it. I used Excel as you suggested.
Go to Top of Page

natedj

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 02 août 2005 :  03:23:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe my post went unrecognized, so let me ask again...Has anyone with a C330 (without SD slot) been successful in loading POI.

Or

Has anyone been successful loading the POI's (C330 or C320) with only the USB cable and not SD cards ?
Go to Top of Page

davidmoliv

11 Posts

Posted - 02 août 2005 :  07:53:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I did that. I have a C330 with SD card but I load the POI's only with the USB cable. It work fine as like the examples. You can see a good example here http://www.garminfrance.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=993&sid=a89247505487acdd35ce21bb08d09a54.

The only problem is that I can't delete them from the unit now. And when I say delete, it's not replace by another ones as sugested by gpspassion, it's really empty the Custom POI's section.

Did any one know if the C330 saves a specific size on HDD for the Custom POI's? Is there a limit size for this?

Portuguese C330 Owner

Edited by - davidmoliv on 02 août 2005 08:14:11
Go to Top of Page

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 02 août 2005 :  19:35:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got the C330 (no card slot :( ) and have loaded the UK Speed camera poi database onto the HDD. Nearly 7000 without problems. In the screenshots posted above I see that your speed cameras have got an icon, how do you set this?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 02 août 2005 :  20:09:48  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Interesting link...nice to see GarminFrance stealing the GpsPasSion screencaptures isn't it, you'd think they'd know better than that...Let's see how long it stays up on their site.

http://www.gpspassion.com/pics/news/r012s.gif and http://www.garminfrance.com/forums/images/poiloader/10.jpg

So anyway to get the speed showing up, you need to have a file called RF-090.csv and RF-090.bmp it does take a bit of time to build, I think having the speed in the large red bar at the top is probably enough.

@davidmoliv - sounds like you're OK with the C330, uploading a new file will erase the old one.

davidmoliv

11 Posts

Posted - 02 août 2005 :  22:40:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems I denounced GarminFrance
I have nothing to do with that ...
I'm just a reader!

Portuguese C330 Owner

Edited by - davidmoliv on 02 août 2005 22:41:34
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 02 août 2005 :  22:48:17  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, certainly not your fault !
So back on topic, not sure if you're ok or not with your C330 ?

davidmoliv

11 Posts

Posted - 02 août 2005 :  22:57:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, uploading a new file erases the old ones but we can't use an empty .csv to completly erase everything.

I discovered that if we put on a same directory various .csv files and use this directory on POILoader than n sub-categories (one for each .csv) are created inside Custom POIs section.

Did anyone know where I can find speed camera alerts for Spain? I will make a trip on Spain-France. I already loaded france speed cameras but I can't find for Spain on a readable format.

Portuguese C330 Owner

Edited by - davidmoliv on 02 août 2005 23:48:52
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3,3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05