Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2266

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 Customizing the Mio 268/269 - Now "One Click"
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2005 :  13:31:32  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
CUSTOMIZING THE MIO 268/269 *
Displaying POIs >>HERE<< (French)

BEFORE - AFTER - SPEEDCAM POI's

Thanks to a discovery made by nico85 (substituting contacts.exe), it is now possible to turn the Mio 268 or Mio 269 in a full WinCE4.2 mobile terminal with the same features as the stock version, but with the option to play movies (BetaPlayer), use it for all-terrain GPS (OziCE) and you can find an extensive list of other compatible programs >>HERE<< (French)

How To:
  1. Download the installation pack, unzip its content and place it at the root of an SD card
  2. Preparing your computer and the Mio
    1. Insert the CD provided with the Mio in your PC
    2. Using Windows Explorer, select its content and copy it onto your hard drive, say c:\miocustom\
    3. Navigate to the c:\miocustom\Install\Contacts\ folder and rename Contacts.exe into ContactsOLD.exe - NEW -- ONE CLICK INSTALL -- see ***
    4. Copy the gsfinder.exe file included in customio.zip in this folder and rename it to Contacts.exe
    5. Connect the Mio to your computer using the USB cable (this assumes you have already installed MioTransfer, if not, do it now)
    6. Go back to c:\miocustom\ and double click on autorun.exe, a window appears, click on OK
    7. Click in the "Install" button in the middle (on the "Install Contacts" line) - and after a few minutes you will get the "install successfully!" message - click on OK

3. Insert the SD prepared in step 1 in the Mio

4. Unplug the USB cable from the Mio - this takes you back to the main menu - click on the third menu (Screen+Pen)

5. You are now on the "Contacts" page - click on the first icon - *** - if you're doing the manual installation, this takes you to a file explorer
  6. Navigate to the SD Card folder in the left window, click once
  7. In the right window, double-click on Regedit, then do File->import double-click on "SD Card", then double-click on mio.reg, then exit Regedit, File/Exit, this takes you back to the file explorer

8. Select the windows folder on the SD card then do Edit/Copy, then click on My Computer in the left window and do Edit/Paste and click twice on YES

9. Copy showtaskbar.exe from the SD card to \Windows\StartUp (Edit/Copy then Edit/Paste) **

10. Do a reset on the side with the stylus

11. To access the task bar, click on the bottom of the screen and you can now navigate the menus as you would in your PC

Notes :
  1. So far it is not possible to connect the MIO to a PC via ActiveSync as you would do with other WindowsCE devices. This means that to install programs, you will have to copy (installation .cab or .exe executable) on an SD card before launching them via the File Explorer of the Mio

2. No virtual keyboard so far

3. Custom POIs and POI Alerts
    1. Display : same method as for the bluemedia, details >>HERE<< (French), substituing mnav by MioMap et using the SD card to move the files around
    2. Alerts with POI:Observer, details>>HERE<< (French)
    3. [*]Alerts with POI-Warner, I've been able to install it but without a keyboard it can't be activated at this time, details on POI-Warner >>HERE<< (French)

Feel free to try out this method and let me know if you have questions or comments!

Credits :
Tutorial written thanks to initial findings by nico85 and first WinCE4.2 customizations done on the bluemedia by guerineau and strequier. Thanks to Alex from Mobinaute for showtaskabar.exe obtained from the creator of betaplayer / regedit.exe - site /Donothing.exe - site

* - No risks involved, but not supported by Mio in any way, so a hard reset will probably be required if you need to call tech support at some point
** The process would be identical for any application you want to install
*** ONE CLICK INSTALL : copy the content of the --ONE CLICK INSTALL -- folder to c:\miocustom\Install\Contacts\, then perform 2.e/f/g and skip to 5 and then to 10 - you're done !

Ads

FerretFletch

3 Posts

Posted - 18 mai 2005 :  10:56:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I noticed one thing following the installation, if I try using the MP3 player it will often lock up flasging the back light on and off, forcing a reset, any suggestions?

One other question, how can I get the original contacts program running in the Win CE mode as this was sometimes useful?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 18 mai 2005 :  11:07:08  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What version of the installation ? The "One Click" ?
Good point on the contacts program, on the 269 you would find the original one in \storage card\ I can likely add a link back to it in the installation .cab.

FerretFletch

3 Posts

Posted - 18 mai 2005 :  11:57:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Regarding the installation I downloaded the Zip file yesterday and followed your instructions as per your posting here, so I am assuming everything is the latest version. I reset the device back to the original Mio configuration and reloaded the software once more but when I hit the X to exit out of the MP3 it locks and flashes the backlight on and off.

I can access the contacts by using file manager to locate contactsold.exe and run it as a program, I haven't tried this and am not experienced enough with Win CE, but can you drag the .exe file to the desktop?

Finally most of the programs that will now be suitable for running on the device with Win CE need to be executed on the PC, but then the error message of not being able to find Win CE device appears as you can no longer connect the Mio to the PC

Maybe I need to study Win CE a little more but any help you can give would be appreciated
Go to Top of Page

FerretFletch

3 Posts

Posted - 18 mai 2005 :  13:23:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I am still pondering this problem. Maybe I misunderstood, where do I obtain the one click, as I just followed all the steps in the post but reading the *** I can jump straight to 5 with one click as as I didn't maybe I am missing something
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2005 :  02:04:17  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Actually we've made some steady progress with these issues in the FRA forums and have come up with a fix as well as a keyboard ;-) Apparently the 269's DD is "throttled" and needs MioStartup to come back to speed so a shortcurt was added. Double-clik on it and then tap the second BananaPC icon (top left) to get the taskbar back.

The One Click install (it has its folder in the customio.zip) has been updated, give it a try. I'll revise the steps tomorrow to reflect the changes, but you should be able to find your way around it ;-)

antonief

Netherlands
4 Posts

Posted - 24 mai 2005 :  09:53:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The installation workt like a charm but could you explain how to get the poi in the mio.
My French is awful.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 24 mai 2005 :  10:08:59  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums.
Glad it worked for you. Well for the POIs it's a bit difficult that's why I built a .cab for the French and Belgium speedcams. I'd recommend you visit the navifriends site, and particularly this section

antonief

Netherlands
4 Posts

Posted - 24 mai 2005 :  10:33:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply i wil look into it, keep up the good work.
Go to Top of Page

helponline

4 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2005 :  23:48:06  Show Profile  Visit helponline's Homepage  Reply with Quote
so fare so good
the only problem is gething new software in my mio
every time it reply,s with NO WIN32 APLICATION

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 29 mai 2005 :  15:55:51  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you're launching PocketPC apps from your PC, you would need to transfer apps to the MIO first.

helponline

4 Posts

Posted - 29 mai 2005 :  16:03:29  Show Profile  Visit helponline's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i try to install it from sd card
mast i put it in de mio rom furst and then install it
Go to Top of Page

stenhousemuir

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 29 mai 2005 :  16:36:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi.. Re the .cab for the French and belguim speedCams is that a part of Customio ?
If Not how do I get these to work with MIO.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 30 mai 2005 :  03:47:33  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not sure I understand your question, but if you want to display your speedcams, yes download the FRA version http://www.gpspassion.com/download/customio.zip

antonief

Netherlands
4 Posts

Posted - 31 mai 2005 :  13:26:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, is it possible for you to put dutch speedcams into the
custimio.

Update.

POI Warner at www.Navigating.de is about to release the Mio 269 Speed Camaera and other POI interface within a couple of weeks so watch the website!, according to Neil Bennet on the Pocket GPS forum

Edited by - antonief on 07 juin 2005 15:34:31
Go to Top of Page

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 01 juin 2005 :  04:09:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have bad english sory
I have mio 269 with 2.2 gb hd
therefore no SD card
know someone translate to Dutch?
have done up to 2: g
and I am not possible further
if someone telling what must I further do
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2,95 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05