Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2166

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Software
 PC and MAC GPS Software
 iGuidance Customization Ideas
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 29

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 15 juin 2005 :  02:08:13  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
;-) Let's give it a try and let's share our experiences with it. But I do suspect it will slow down a PDA and we may not like it. If it were that simple the programmers would have enabled it by default. However, since the programmers added this to 2.1.1 it clearly shows they are working on fine-tuning re-routing, and that is what counts!

Marvin Hlavac - Toronto, Canada
Go to Top of Page

ToddJ

126 Posts

Posted - 15 juin 2005 :  21:28:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Marvin! I would love to get these fonts bigger on my Pocket PC....they are really, really hard to see...for the Pocket PC, can you also change it so the names of POIs show up not only at 100 or 200 feet, but higher than that? is there any way to have the lakes names pop up too (I live in Minnesota, where there is 10,000 of them so it would be kinda cool to get know some of 'em :)
Go to Top of Page

ToddJ

126 Posts

Posted - 15 juin 2005 :  21:35:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
also, is there any way to get rid of that little 'ping' sound it makes when you are supposed to turn? way back when (with the Belkin Nagivation system aka iGuidance 1.1) it used to just say 'turn left' or 'turn right' but now it has that really annoying sound. I probably could just find that .wav file and delete it, but wasn't sure if that would be a good idea.
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 16 juin 2005 :  02:44:22  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ToddJ, it is possible to change the size of font for STREET NAMES (pc and ppc), but I'm not aware of the other items on your list. I'll double check tomorrow, but I doubt I will find something new.

The sound file: I'd recommend not to just delete it, but rather replace it with a short and silent *.wav file.

Go to Top of Page

Cornell77

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 17 juin 2005 :  14:47:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Martin,

Have you tested the speed of your pocket pc/pda phone with the recalc registry change?

Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 17 juin 2005 :  15:38:09  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Cornell77,

Welcome to the forums! Yes, I tested it the following morning. My pda phone (i-mate JAM) has a 416MHz processor and the tweak worked well (to my satisfaction). When I entered a destination far from me (~1,000km, or 600 miles) the recalculating took about 5 seconds (as expected).

I'm going to keep this registry change not just on my PC but also on the PDA Phone. But since I use the ppc version so infrequently I'd like to hear other users how they feel about it.

If it slows down the recalculating too much for your liking, you can always just delete the one line in your Registry (Tap and hold the word "Recalc", and when the menu opens just select "Delete".

Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 29 juin 2005 :  17:06:38  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just added INDEX to the first page of this thread to make it easier for first time readers to locate some of the customization ideas discussed here.

Go to Top of Page

Squaredancer

284 Posts

Posted - 29 juin 2005 :  17:53:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marv,
I did the recalc to my ASUS 730, and don't notice any change in recalc times.

BTW - I found an excellent freeware PDA Registry Editor that even has the term "DWord" in it. It seems more like the PC editor that we are used to. It's PHM Registry Editor and the link is:

http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Squaredancer

284 Posts

Posted - 29 juin 2005 :  17:58:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ToddJ

is there any way to get rid of that little 'ping' sound it makes when you are supposed to turn?

I think that the "ping" is associated with their "FOG Alert" in Display settings. I think that if you turn that off, it will turn off the ping.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 29 juin 2005 :  18:07:34  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob that's great!!! ;-)

(But you should notice it when you are driving around with a long distance trip plotted (e.g. 1000 miles) on your PPC.)

Thanks for the link!

Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 29 juin 2005 :  20:05:40  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
COLOR PALETTE

THEME.INI file let’s us change colors of roads, routes, geo-features, etc. We may fine-tune the colors to our personal preferences by changing the RGB (Red Green Blue) value inside the configuration file.

There are several web sites that provide at least the basic color palette. Here is one: http://www.visibone.com/colorlab/ Just click on the color of your choice inside the image on top left side of the page and you will be presented the RGB value.

That however is a very basic color palette and it really doesn’t provide enough colors for our purpose.

Many people have Microsoft Word on their computers. You can easily gain access to the whole spectrum of colors, just by starting your MS Word, and on the Formatting toolbar click the little arrow beside the Font Color button (The button with letter A icon). There click "More Colors", and then click "Custom". Make sure RGB is selected as Color Model. When you click on any color of the spectrum you will see corresponding RGB value below.

Go to Top of Page

rem

USA
197 Posts

Posted - 01 juil. 2005 :  00:37:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The annoying "ping" at turn time is mvr.wav in the snd folder. I've recorded a blank mvr.wav which works good. Lately I changed it to say "turn point" by using sound recorder to clip and merge the nice lady's voice from other files. I like it a lot better this way.
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 01 juil. 2005 :  04:04:55  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
SILENCE instead of the "Ding" sound

Rem, thanks for the tip. I personally don't mind the sound, but if some users wish to substitute it with a silent wav file, here it is:

>> Mvr.wav <<

Right-click, and then save in: Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\Snd

Edited by - Marvin Hlavac on 01 juil. 2005 14:25:08
Go to Top of Page

ToddJ

126 Posts

Posted - 01 juil. 2005 :  17:12:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok...i downloaded the Kilmist Registry Editor. I don't know where to find the ctheme.ini file..does anyone have a copy of it? The version of iGuidance i have is 2.1 ...thanks
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 01 juil. 2005 :  19:24:23  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ted, a registry editor will help you if you wish to try the Full Re-Calc tweak. It is not needed for creation or modification of a theme.ini or ctheme.ini file.

Users of iGuidance 2.0 may download theme.ini from http://www.inavcorp.com/support/downloads.html Soon there should be a similar file available for later versions of iGuidance. But if you do not wish to wait, you may experiment with creating your own *.ini file. The procedure is very simple. The file is just a text file which you may create for example in Notepad application. Here is how you could begin:

Create your 1st theme.ini file

Let's create our own very first and very simple THEME.INI file. It will increase the map font size on our PDA or laptop.

The code for increasing the map font size may look like this:

; street name font size in points @ zoom level
STS=20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20

The number 20 is the font size, and the 20 is actually a bit too big, and you may later decide to lower it a bit to anything you like. The reason there are 11 20's is because we have 11 zoom levels in iGuidance now, and if you wish you may even experiment with setting a differtent font size for different zoom levels.

How to do it:

1. On your Windows computer go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Notepad

2. Copy & paste the code into Notepad so it looks like this:

3. On the Menu bar in Notepad click File > Save As

4. For now select Desktop as the save location

5. In the Save As dialog, in the Save as type field select All Files. This is very important. If this step is missed, the newly created file will be saved with TXT extension and it will just not work.

6. Enter file name. It will be either theme.ini or ctheme.ini. See page 4 of this thread to find out the correct file name for your iGuidance version.

7. Click Save and you are done. The last step is to right-click the file on your desktop and Cut & Paste it to the correct location either on your PC or PPC. The location in either case should be Program Files\iNav\iGuidance

(Re)start iGuidance for changes to take effect.

I'm sure after the initial success with increasing the font size you will want to experiment with adding more "components" into the *.ini file. Have fun ;-)

Edited by - Marvin Hlavac on 01 juil. 2005 19:58:50
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 29 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3,16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05