Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2167

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Software
 PC and MAC GPS Software
 iGuidance Customization Ideas
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 29

microunit

4 Posts

Posted - 17 déc. 2007 :  01:52:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, everyone. Lately I installed IG4 on my PPC. I have persisted problem which I have to do the baud rate(38400 instead of 4800), local time(-3 hours), distance unit(KM) setup when I cold boot the system. Is there any way to save the settings? It is so annoy. Please give me some help step by step. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

JohnWPB

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 19 déc. 2007 :  04:15:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, my first post on these forums :) I am certainly no noob to forums, iG, reshacking. and creating custom scripts to manipulate iG.
(I am a mod over at the MP3Car site, and the creator of the DIgitalFX skin for Road Runner).

I have been using the hacks, theme.ini stuff from this forum for a couple years now.

Now on to the question :)

Is there a way to change the zoom level for the guidance pane screen? When I am looking for a turn in a busy area, I have the zoom level set to max, however when the guidance pane comes up, it zooms out quite a bit, making it hard to tell the distance to a turn, and usually results in braking to early (Which really ticks off people behind you!), or slamming on the brakes to make the turn :)

Turning off the guidance option is not really an option, as that is how Road Runner is "aware" of an upcoming turn, and will take you automatically to the GPS screen, when approaching a turn. (Just like the OEM systems do in vehicles these days). Road Runner uses a screen pixel color mode to detect the purple color of the guidance pane screen to do this.

Thanks in advance, and Any help, pointers, reg keys, hex locations would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by - JohnWPB on 19 déc. 2007 14:33:53
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 19 déc. 2007 :  16:02:51  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
microunit, these settings get written to the registry upon exiting iGuidance. Try re-installing iGuidance. Before re-installing, do not delete the map folder, just uninstall the application, and then re-install it (it should take only a couple of minutes.

JohnWPB, I'm afraid I haven't heard of any user yet modifying the zoom level of the map in the guidance mode. Remember iGzoom by 0l33l? I wonder if that (or a similar application) could be used somehow to zoom the portion of the screen.

Marvin Hlavac
Go to Top of Page

JohnWPB

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 20 déc. 2007 :  15:51:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Marvin Hmmm interesting thought, but when guidance comes up, the street widths revert to some really wide pen size, and zooming into the map at that point, would look pretty bad.

I had not seen this mentioned, so figured one of 3 things, 1) no one cared, 2) no one really tried it as of yet, or 3) that it just wasn't possible. Looks to be more like 3 now.

Thanks for the help, Its much appreciated. Now to see if there is another way to detect the guidance mode somehow, Some sort of other trigger, without switching to the purple bordered guidance pane.
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 20 déc. 2007 :  16:29:55  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
John, how about, as a silly work-around, to just automate it all a bit more. When it switches to guidance screen, you switch it back. In the "laptop" version ArrowLeft and ArrowRight are built-in hotkeys to do that. Those two keys have a different function in the UMPC/CarPC version, though. You could still achieve the same even in that version by going to View => Map

Marvin Hlavac
Go to Top of Page

JohnWPB

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 21 déc. 2007 :  12:08:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Silly??!?! Wow, thats the kind of simple thinking I like! I just didn't think of it :)

That would be very easy to implement, as the ESC key will kick you out of the Guidance screen, back to the normal screen.

The only think lost in the process is the "Countdown indicator / bar" on the right, but it's worth it I think.

THANK YOU!

Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 21 déc. 2007 :  12:14:23  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ha ha, I didn't know Esc did it, too. I never use the Guidance screen myself (I turned it off permanently :) However, my wife does use it on her PND :)

Marvin Hlavac
Go to Top of Page

CCube

3 Posts

Posted - 26 déc. 2007 :  04:23:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For pocketPC, the guidence screen use zoom level 2 with 2D map and zoom level 3 with 3D map. I changed the zoom level 2 to 400ft instead the original 200ft to keep the turn arrow wthin the screen. I don't know if that help with your pc.
Go to Top of Page

JohnWPB

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 26 déc. 2007 :  21:03:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WooHoo! Thank you! It works exactly on the PC as does your PDA.

Using the following:

FZL=50 100 300 800 1000 1500 2500 5000 1000 20000 50000

in 2D mode the guidance is at zoom level 100. I did not test the 3D, as I find that I use it rarely in the car.

Thank you CCube!

(This looks like one to link to from the first post :) )

Edited by - JohnWPB on 26 déc. 2007 21:04:50
Go to Top of Page

serpa4

USA
97 Posts

Posted - 01 janv. 2008 :  19:03:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quick question. I have V3, on a 3 month trip, don't have CDs. If I purchase upgrade, will I need V3 to install V4 aka windows upgrade? I have registered V3 on the igudance website with its serial number. How long do you suspect till v4.1 or similar comes out? Anyone care to discribe the new POI data base? Can I find Auto zone, walmart, target, etc by typing "walmart" or must I search for shopping and then scroll through a list? I used to have Teletype (sucked bad), but they had a 12 million POI database!!! That was nice.

Navigon 8100T
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 03 janv. 2008 :  02:10:26  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Each new version (even a minor release such as for example 3.01) always includes full application installation. That's the reason installation always prompts you to uninstall. So to answer your question, you do not have worry about needing your old DVD or anything else. Once you have the new DVD, that is all you need.

I haven't heard about 4.1, but iNav already mentioned version 4.01 to be out soon

Marvin Hlavac
Go to Top of Page

brandensin

4 Posts

Posted - 04 janv. 2008 :  02:52:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
check this out yo. I know when it come to navation software, this might not be important element, but this app brings some kick ass looking interface and visual.
It shows buildings in 3D like you are in a different world. Koreans use this for their CarPC and UMPC. It's pretty fast too with all that graphics. I wish iNav come up with something like this pretty soon... ^^

http://www.rousen.com/31_english_product/rousen_screenshot.asp
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 04 janv. 2008 :  03:20:21  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice :)

Marvin Hlavac
Go to Top of Page

serpa4

USA
97 Posts

Posted - 05 janv. 2008 :  01:52:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hummm. Just ordered V4 Wednesday. I wonder what verision I'll get.

3) new v4 update: v4.0.1 is currently in progress. We hope to have it available for online download around end of December or Jan 08.

Navigon 8100T
Go to Top of Page

serpa4

USA
97 Posts

Posted - 06 janv. 2008 :  01:08:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, ended up with 4.0. No big deal. I do like it better in a couple ways:

1) On my Pharos 600 GPS PDA cellphone, it doesn't close iGuidance when I touch the screen anymore. In version three, it was a time thing. I could start the program and touch the screen within a minute or so to enter address, or whatever, full functionality, but after about 1 minutes, if you touched the screen, it would close itself. It wasn't too much of an inconvience since once I got the address in, I used hot keys.

2) TTS is nice, but I will do the registry hack to always use TTS and not the mix. That sounds bad when voice changes. However, the TTS voice is pretty understandable.

3) Updated maps

4) More POIs. Using them already.

5) I can now put all maps on my 2GB Pharos 600 GPS/PDA/Cellphone where I couldn't fit it before (almost though).

Cons:

1) POIs are difficult to use. I want Walmart, I can't search. I can search all retail stores within 25 miles and look for walmart. If I can find walmart under all, then it doesn't say which is closer. The first one listed isn't closest. So, if there are none within 25 miles, then listing all brings up a ton, but you have no Idea which is closer. They just need a key word search through all POIs, not just in a specific catagory. I needed a hobby store today. Well, that was a pain. Is it under electronics, retail, specialty, etc??? If it doesn't start with the word hobby, it wont find it either like Bob's Hobbies. I like the 6 m POI, but needs a lot of work to go with it. The 6 M poi was a big reason for me to upgrade since 1.2 M is a waste.

2) THEME.INI doesn't work from my previous 3.01 version.
Favorites worked earlier today, but now its not. Go figure, just a continuous spinning icon.

3) Installing all on 1.3 G memory card now wihtout mapcutter is not good since I can't put it on my Samsung i760 phone. The pda has a 4 gb transflash, but I have 3.2 gb installed already. Now I cannot install just Colorado or something. Real bummer. My phone doesn't recognize anything over 4 gb. I installed a hack to read over 2gb and it works perfect, but still, now I need over 4gb for IGuidance install.

Overall:
It was worth the $$ to upgrade though.

Navigon 8100T
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 29 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2,53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05