Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2180

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Software
 PC and MAC GPS Software
 iGuidance Customization Ideas
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 29

vnguyen

16 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2007 :  22:47:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jnguyen,
My iPaq has a built in GPS receiver too and it works for me when I set the com port to COM7. WM5 manages the GPS COM port and I think the default is 7. You can also change the registry setting to gain access to the GPS Control Panel (http://blogs.conchango.com/kenibarwick/archive/2006/03/19/3119.aspx).
Go to Top of Page

jnguyen

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2007 :  18:30:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi vnguyen,

Thanks so much for replying to my email. I've tried all hardware com ports all the way from 0-9. The software com port should be managed by Windows Mobile 5 or Windows Mobile 6. I still could not get my device to work. The only different that I see is that you have Windows Mobile 5 on your and my device is running on Windows Mobile 6. I probably will flash my device back to Windows Mobile 5 to see what happen. In anycase, I'll let you know.
Go to Top of Page

mycuti

7 Posts

Posted - 02 sept. 2007 :  12:32:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used the ResHacker to change the resource in iGuidance v4.0, the ResHacker hung up when it was attempting to save the new changes. Is it because the iGuidanceUPMC.exe block the saving? or ResHacker just simply does not work with iGuidance v4.0?
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 02 sept. 2007 :  15:13:08  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ResHacker works with iG. Make sure iG is closed before you save your changes in ResHacker.

Marvin Hlavac
Go to Top of Page

mycuti

7 Posts

Posted - 02 sept. 2007 :  15:36:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Marvin, it worked.
Go to Top of Page

jnguyen

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 05 sept. 2007 :  06:10:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Marvin,

Thanks for the reply. I did take my device outdoor for at least an hour, but still no gps signal received. At this point, I think probably the chip is not compatable with iGuidance v4.0. If you have any better idea, please let me know. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by Marvin Hlavac

wearefree, yes, that one dialog is just not there. All others are, or probably most of them are :-(

vnguyen, hehe, that's something I never even knew (and now the feature is gone :-)

jnguyen, I think you did everything right, and now you just need to take it all outdoor so the GPS receiver can see the satellites. Indoor it is difficult in most cases. Try it outside, give it a few minutes, and it will work.

Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 05 sept. 2007 :  17:07:26  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The device has a built-in GPS. Does the GPS work with the original software which came with the device?

Marvin Hlavac
Go to Top of Page

jnguyen

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 05 sept. 2007 :  20:52:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marvin,

My device works perfectly with TomTom 6 and Mio v3.2. The only reason I like iGuidance is because it speaks out street name and that helps avoid confusion when I come to freeway intersection where there are three other freeways merged. Both Mio and Tomtom are very confusing when they just tell me to just keep left or right.
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 05 sept. 2007 :  21:01:31  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Perhaps re-post your question in a hardware section of the forum. Someone familiar with your device may offer a helpful hint. I see no reason why iG shouldn't work if at least two other programs do work.

Marvin Hlavac
Go to Top of Page

pbarrette

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11 sept. 2007 :  04:28:56  Show Profile  Visit pbarrette's Homepage  Reply with Quote

iGuidanceUMPC Color Locations

Hello Everyone,

I've been customizing the iGuidanceUMPC v3 executable for my Car-PC setup and have discovered a number of colors that can be changed in the program.

I have been (and will continue) updating the list on MP3Car.com on the following thread:
http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/gps/108547-iguidance-hacks.html

That said, I'll post the list that I've discovered so far:
----------------------------------------------------
0x1B45 Almanac - "Sun"
0x1CFB Almanac - "Sunrise"
0x1DDF Almanac - "Sunset"
0x1E70 Almanac - "Moon"
0x1F42 Almanac - "Moon Phase"
0x2025 Almanac - "Moon Age"
0x20EF Almanac - "Moon Full"
0x21BA Almanac - "Moon New"
0x243D Almanac - "Moon Graphic"
0x7379 Warning Screen - "OK" Button Text
0xF68B Map Status Bar - Outline
0xFBD0 Map Status Bar - "ETA"
0xFCC4 Map Status Bar - "REM"
0xFDBD Map Status Bar - "DEST
0xFE9B Map Status Bar - "SPD"
0x10952 Map - Top Bar Text
0x10D20 Map - Distance to Turn
0x110E7 Map - Bottom Directions Bar
0x1138C Map - Bottom Directions Bar Text
0x1195B Map - Menu Button Text
0x19D89 Dialog Windows - Background Color
0x1AA3E Dialog Text - Background Color
0x2AEC1 Current Dest - Avoid Roads - "Nav" Button Text
0x2AEE8 Current Dest - Avoid Roads - "Avoid" Button Text
0x2AF12 Current Dest - Avoid Roads - "Clear" Button Text
0x2AF3C Current Dest - Avoid Roads - "Reset" Button Text
0x2B929 Current Dest - Avoid Roads - Text Area "Shadow"
0x2BA2A Current Dest - Avoid Roads - Highlighted
0x2BA41 Current Dest - Avoid Roads - Highlighted Text
0x2BA4D Current Dest - Avoid Roads - Not Selected
0x2C1E9 City Select OSK - "OK" Button Text
0x2C295 City Select OSK - "DEL" Button Text
0x2C8A6 City Select OSK - Top Area Background
0x2EA6A Current Loc - Text Area "Shadow"
0x2EC69 Current Loc - "Save" Button Text
0x2FB7E Current Dest - Detour - "Distance to Avoid"
0x2FE8A Current Dest - Detour - "2 mi" Button Text
0x2FEB1 Current Dest - Detour - "45 mi" Button Text
0x2FEDB Current Dest - Detour - "91 mi" Button Text
0x2FF05 Current Dest - Detour - "Reset" Button Text
0x30DD0 Current Dest - Button Background
0x32CF8 Destination - Address Input - State Name
0x32E31 Destination - Address Input - "Change State" Button Text
0x32E53 Destination - Address Input - "City First" Button Text
0x331E1 Destination - "Current Destination"
0x334A7 Destination - "Demo" Button Text
0x334C9 Destination - "Avoid Road" Button Text
0x334F3 Destination - "Stop Over" Button Text
0x3351D Destination - "Detour" Button Text
0x33547 Destination - "Clear Route" Button Text
0x35A2F Menu - "Destination" Button Text
0x35A51 Menu - "Itinerary" Button Text
0x35A7B Menu - "Shortcuts" Button Text
0x35ACC Menu - "Settings" Button Text
0x35B74 Menu - "Volume" Button Text
0x35B87 Menu - "System Info" Button Text
0x3ADF0 State Select OSK - "OK" Button Text
0x3AE9C State Select OSK - "DEL" Button Text
0x52503 Most Non-OSK Item Highlights
0x56AC2 Button Transparency
0x5AD40 GPS Info - Text Background
0x5E5A4 OSK - Highlighted Item
0x5E5AC OSK - Highlighted Item Text
0x5E5BF OSK - Non-Highlighted Items Background
0x62A16 Left side Guidance Bar
0x62A47 Right side Guidance Bar
0x62A7F Bottom Guidance Status Bar
0x64240 POI OSK - "OK" Button Text
0x642EC POI OSK - "DEL" Button Text
0x6A307 POI - State Name
0x6A3C4 POI - Distance
0x6CAD1 Route List Highlighted Item
0x6E6E6 Street Name OSK - "OK" Button Text
0x6E792 Street Name OSK - "DEL" Button Text
0x7184A Speed Alert Keypad - "DEL" Button Text
0x71F41 Speed Alert Keypad - "OK" Button Text
0x7507C Settings->Options - Small Buttons Text
0x76A89 Trip Info - Text
0x78711 OSK - Top-Bar Text
0x84126 Map - Daytime Street Name Color (*see below)

* - Daytime Street Name color on the maps..

This one is an oddity. By now, everyone has probably discovered that you can search for "A0 FF A0" to find the in-map nighttime street-name color (located at 0x8412D in iGuidanceUMPC.exe v3), but changing it to the desired color may cause the daytime color to change to an undesired color.

There are acutally two addresses involved in this. The first DWORD, located at 0x84126 contains "60 00 5F FF". The second is the one most are already familiar with, located at 0x8412D, containing "A0 FF A0 00".

The second location seems to be always respected as the night-time street name color. The interesting part happens when the daytime color is created. The routine appears to add the two locations together to produce the daytime color.

So, say you want a nice "white" color for your night-map street names. You replace "A0 FF A0 00" with "FF FF FF 00", but the daytime color ends up as a disgusting purple. Let's look at the addition:
FF FF FF 00
+60 00 5F FF
------------
=01 60 00 5E FF

From this point it gets tricky. The bytes greater than DWORD (01) seem to get stripped, so we're left with "60 00 5E FF". The last byte seems to be used as some sort of alpha value. The "60 00 5E" produces the ugly purple we see, while the FF seems to ensure that the purple is displayed at full intensity.

Oddly, if the last byte is less than "FF", the daytime color addition rules above don't seem to be followed. If anyone knows how to clarify these "rules" please post.

For those so inclined, what actually seems to be happening is that the "ecx" register is being initialized to "00 00 00 00" for nighttime, and "FF FF FF FF" for daytime. Then the first value is AND'ed to ecx, then the second value is ADD'ed to ecx. Anything AND'ed to zero = zero, so the second loc is added to zero, thus respecting the "nighttime" value. For daytime, any DWORD AND'ed to "FFFFFFFF" results in itself, then the second loc is added. Why the last byte must be "FF" when the program doesn't seem to respect alpha values elsewhere is beyond me. Also, how the day color seems to end up as "5F 00 5F", when it should actually be "60 00 5E" is something I also don't understand.

Anyway, I hope this helps everyone in their iG3 customization efforts.

pb

Edited by - pbarrette on 11 sept. 2007 04:31:04
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 11 sept. 2007 :  23:49:06  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
pb thanks much for all your hard work! This will keep several users very busy for a while :-)

Marvin Hlavac
Go to Top of Page

wearefree

157 Posts

Posted - 18 sept. 2007 :  22:19:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marvin,

I have successfully created my own theme.ini file following your instructions on Page 5, which was a great experience. However, when I decided to increase the map font size to something, say 18, all the local streets are normal; the problem is the highway symbol. The highway numbers get magnified accordingly but the highway symbols remain the original size. Therefore the highway numbers no longer fit in the symbols, and some of the numbers are difficult to read now due to that. Is there a way to increase the high symbol size accordingly in the theme.ini file? Or some other tricks, such as ResHack, are required?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

gpslover

21 Posts

Posted - 23 nov. 2007 :  23:47:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin Hlavac

pb thanks much for all your hard work! This will keep several users very busy for a while :-)

Marin
is possible to make the Top-Bar and the Text bigger?
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 24 nov. 2007 :  04:08:46  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure if it is possible, but I personally don't know how to do it :-(

Marvin Hlavac
Go to Top of Page

djrec

11 Posts

Posted - 15 déc. 2007 :  02:29:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone.

Is there a .reg file to automatically set iGuidance to full TTS on the Mio C310x (registry setting "2")? It's helpful to add that .reg to the C310AUTO script. I've seen it posted somewhere, I just can't find it!

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 29 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,75 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05