Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2242

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Software
 PC and MAC GPS Software
 iGuidance Customization Ideas
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 29

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 25 juin 2007 :  22:56:33  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Enrique - My PDA phone doesn't have issues with Bluetooth connection in iG4 while using phone - but all was fine here w/iG3, too :-(

ELEGEND_YVR - I don't think I know a way to achieve that :-(

dlt_lpd - that tweak was used by PC users in older iGuidance versions, but when iGuidance version 3 introduced the UMPC/CarPC version with fonts and everything much larger this tweak became mostly obsolete - yet it may still come handy to those who prefer to use the "regular" PC version instead of the UMPC/CarPC version.

Marvin Hlavac
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 30 juin 2007 :  17:21:00  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Voice options in iGuidance 4 - disable/enable TTS (text-to-speech)

* Open your register editor (on a pc click Start > Run, type regedit

* Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\iNav\iGuidance

* Right-click on empty space in the right pane, and then select New > DWORD

* Name it TTS

* Set the value to 0 to hear direction prompts consisting of only WAV

* Set the value to 1 to hear direction prompts consisting of WAV & TTS

* Set the value to 2 to hear direction prompts consisting of only TTS

0 = voice prompts as in older iGuidance versions (no street names)
1 = default voice prompts of iGuidance 4
2 = TTS (text-to-speech) used for the whole voice prompt (not just for street names)

* * * Restart iGuidance for changes to take place * * *

The same can be achieved on a PDA. I just tested it with my favorite Kilmist Registry Editor. There is a 7 day free trial downloadable at http://www.kilmist.com/ppcRegistryEditor.aspx , but I'm sure there are many other Registry Editors for Pocket PC platform. The PDA procedure is the same as for the PC's. Perhaps the only difference, while using Kilmist Registry Editor, is that instead of clicking on New > DWORD we have to click on Registry > Number Value.

* * * Restart iGuidance for changes to take place * * *

Marvin Hlavac
Go to Top of Page

serveradmnstrtr

5 Posts

Posted - 04 juil. 2007 :  03:33:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know it has been quite some time since some Reshacking discussion with iGuidance 3 but I was hoping that someone could help me. I have read all the pages of the forum dealing with IG customization but I can't figure out something. In Dialog 1044 (the main menu screen) I would like to change "System Information" to link to "GPS Info". The control in Dialog 1044 that references System Information is "512" while in Dialog 1060 the control that references GPS Info is also "512". Of course if i just copy and past the GPS over to the main menu, nothing happens but creating another System Information button.

Although it is a bit confusing, I have been working on this for the last few hours and have come up with nothing. I have tried all references that point to GPS but if its not a control that's already in that Dialog, it doesn't work at all. Can anyone help me? think that System Information on the main menu is completely useless and would rather GPS Info since i'm using the touch screen and it would be much easier to just tap the button once instead of going into the Settings menu. Thanks for any info!

-Chris
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 04 juil. 2007 :  14:09:03  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Chris - as far as I know you are the very first person ever to say the button is useless, and you are absolutely right ;-) I've never thought of this before, but indeed it is interesting that the button is there. To me it seems the developer of iGuidance has always tried its very best to keep the number of buttons/features/options to the bare minimum to keep the software VERY easy to use for first time users, but here we have a completely unnecessary button right on the MAIN MENU!

I don't know how to assign the "GPS Info" function to the button - I don't think ResHacker can do that. But if you have a good look at the dialog 1044 (Main Menu), there are three hidden buttons there one of which could be quite useful: Display Options. You could disable System Information button, and set the Display Options button visible:

A benefit of this could be a faster access to Display Options. Users wouldn't have to go deeper in the menu to reach it.

Marvin Hlavac
Go to Top of Page

serveradmnstrtr

5 Posts

Posted - 04 juil. 2007 :  23:16:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did see that hidden button in there but I didn't want to enable it until I figured out if the GPS Info was possible.

As you can see, I've been working on my buttons for quite some time so changing that one little thing seems so menial at this point. Thanks for you help! Can't wait to get my copy of 4.0

-Chris
Go to Top of Page

jambaj0e

13 Posts

Posted - 04 juil. 2007 :  23:57:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those buttons look great! Can you post up anymore photos? Also, is that for UMPC or PDA?

Sprint PPC-6700
Holux GPSlim 236
Go to Top of Page

serveradmnstrtr

5 Posts

Posted - 05 juil. 2007 :  02:31:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Custom buttons & icons by Chris (a.k.a. serveradmnstrtr)

This is for UMPC. I use this on my laptop and external 7" touchscreen monitor.

Sorry about all the images, I am not sure of any other way to post them here for people to view.

There are still a few things that I want to change with what I previously did. The keyboard screen bothers me a bit because it looks too 'complicated' so perhaps I will change the icons to be more plain, maybe just silver buttons instead of colored. Another note, when most of the buttons (located on the main menu, anyone with a picture) is depressed, it changes to a more pale blue color to let you know that you clicked it, I really can't take a picture of that.

If anyone has any feedback please let me know, I don't mind some constructive criticism to make it look/function even better!

-Chris
Go to Top of Page

jambaj0e

13 Posts

Posted - 05 juil. 2007 :  05:49:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks awesome! Did you create the icons yourself? Can you post up the icons? I would like to use them in my creation, if that's ok with you.

Sprint PPC-6700
Holux GPSlim 236
Go to Top of Page

serveradmnstrtr

5 Posts

Posted - 05 juil. 2007 :  12:48:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It took me a while but I custom made everyone of them (the icons themselves coming from random sites and Icon Packages). Took me a couple months to get them looking like this.

EDIT: Here are the links. I hosted it at a few different places just in case they go down.

http://rs72.rapidshare.com/files/41222827/iGuidance.rar

http://www.rarhost.com/download-uhfwk9.html

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RMHICPKI

Hope you enjoy the icons, I'm still tweaking them from time to time so there might be a few things you would want to change yourself.

Edited by - serveradmnstrtr on 05 juil. 2007 21:57:41
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 06 juil. 2007 :  23:17:04  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nicely done! A picture may not necessarily look like the real thing, so my question may not make much sense, but I have to ask why each button has the grey-colored stripe on the right side? Would the buttons not look better without it?

Marvin Hlavac
Go to Top of Page

serveradmnstrtr

5 Posts

Posted - 07 juil. 2007 :  05:50:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You probably are right with that but I made that button in the beginning to originally be used for a regular button and never intended to use it for the ones with the additional graphic image but I guess I was a bit lazy and possibly hasty. I think at this point it would take way too much time to edit each and everyone of the icons since I would have to come up with the template and then overlay the images one by one. If someone wants to do this, be my guest. I still have all the separate images that were used.

-Chris
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 07 juil. 2007 :  16:47:31  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Chris, obviously I'm just nit-picking. You have done a beautiful work! I just linked it from page #1. Thanks for sharing!

Marvin Hlavac
Go to Top of Page

Enrique Muyshondt

USA
409 Posts

Posted - 20 juil. 2007 :  20:59:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin Hlavac

Enrique - My PDA phone doesn't have issues with Bluetooth connection in iG4 while using phone - but all was fine here w/iG3, too :-(

Marvin:

Do you know if the new iGuidance has more options to handle power management and Bluetooth on a PPC? Specifically, can you set up options within the program for when to turn off the display, and can the program turn on Bluetooth automatically if it is set to use a BT GPS?
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 21 juil. 2007 :  14:13:00  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Enrique, don't take my word for it, but I think a feature has a better chance of appearing in a future version of iGuidance if it can also benefit users of PND's based on this software.

In iG4 I see no new power management or Bluetooth options, unless I'm overlooking something. It would be nice to have the option to tell the program to keep the display on when navigating, (but when navigating I almost always have it plugged into the cigarette outlet, and that keeps the display on anyway :-)

Marvin Hlavac
Go to Top of Page

wearefree

157 Posts

Posted - 25 juil. 2007 :  15:21:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marvin,

Seems all of us who wish to try Iguidance on mio has to suffer the "route list" bug. Is it possible to disable the "route list" function in iguidance completely? This way at least one doesn't have to suffer the sudden death during driving. I personally do not use that function anyways. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 29 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3,64 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05