Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2221

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Software
 PC and MAC GPS Software
 iGuidance Customization Ideas
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 29

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2005 :  18:42:33  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, you will only see it when the centre of the city is within the map area currently displayed on your screen. Names of towns do not "move" like street names. But feel free to e-mail iGuidance if you think you would like this changed. (I personally don't have an opinion one way or another.)

Marvin Hlavac - Toronto, Canada
Go to Top of Page

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 08 oct. 2005 :  01:39:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been trying without sucess to change the icons in iGuidance as mentioned above. I am computer savy, and the procedure was painless. However, when I load iGuidance after making the resource image changes, it crashed upon loading.

Is there some other trick that I am missing? I created a set of small icons, of my actual car as viewed from above (Red, Mitsubishi Eclipse). I followed the icon size and saved the files as bitmaps. I then tried reducing the colors to 9 colors, as in the original bitmaps, and still no luck.

Here is a copy of the icon I am trying to get to work. Once I can get it to work, I will change the roof color to match the status of the GPS signal.

Other times when I save the altered iGuidance.exe back, it will still show the original bitmaps. I am quite certain I am saving the altered version, and then loading that altered one to test it. Is there some sort of "cache" or something that iGuidance uses? It has be puzzled for sure.

Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 09 oct. 2005 :  00:15:04  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote

It's a very nice car icon. I'm still playing with it but so far so good.

Go to Top of Page

Lenny

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09 oct. 2005 :  23:44:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin Hlavac

No, you will only see it when the centre of the city is within the map area currently displayed on your screen. Names of towns do not "move" like street names. But feel free to e-mail iGuidance if you think you would like this changed. (I personally don't have an opinion one way or another.)

Go to Top of Page

Lenny

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09 oct. 2005 :  23:45:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can i change FONT not the size
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 10 oct. 2005 :  01:18:13  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's an interesting idea. I haven't heard of anyone trying it, yet. I'll look into it, but likely I will not know how to do it.

Go to Top of Page

chuckydo

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12 oct. 2005 :  21:49:08  Show Profile  Visit chuckydo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had any luck with road boarders?
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 12 oct. 2005 :  22:02:04  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, no one, as far as I know. I experimented with borders back when 2.0 was first released, but I was unsuccessful. But now, even if it worked, I think I would still want to keep it simple, with no borders. But of course different users have different preferences ;-)

Go to Top of Page

justintime

34 Posts

Posted - 14 oct. 2005 :  01:12:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Increase size of menu buttons, make iGuidance touch screen friendly

I wanted to bring the following thread to your attention!
http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61226&

Justintime, I hope you don't mind I edited your posting by adding your three picture here. I just linked it from the first page index, too :)

Edited by - Marvin Hlavac on 14 oct. 2005 22:30:21
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 14 oct. 2005 :  18:34:32  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Justintime, that is excellent! I've never tried to enlarge the buttons since I don't use a touch screen. But a lot of people who do use touch screens would find this modification useful.

When you increased the size of the buttons with ResHacker did you have to do anything special to also increase the size of clickable area?

Go to Top of Page

justintime

34 Posts

Posted - 16 oct. 2005 :  17:08:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Marvin.

To answer your question, it really depends. Most 'clickable areas' are directly tied to the size of the image, so if you increase the image size, the clickable area behind it will increase accordingly.

There are a few exceptions, notably the main screen. The MENU button and the MUTE button have a fixed clichkable area region. Also, the OSK (on screen keyboards) have fixed regions for all the buttons/keys, which is very disappointing. I cannot do anything about the OSK.

This has made iG much more usable for me now though!
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 16 oct. 2005 :  19:20:16  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Justintime that's very nicely done indeed! And I see you are still fine tuning the graphics. Today's version looks prettier than yesterday's version. I like the "Close" button on picture #1, and likely you are going to eventually use the same grafics for the "Close" buttons in all the other menu windows.

Go to Top of Page

justintime

34 Posts

Posted - 20 oct. 2005 :  06:04:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marvin:

Can't do anything about the other "close" buttons. You see, iG uses the red button, and overlays a text (usually an "X") on top of it. In some screens it uses the same red button, but overlays something else on it. For this reason, the red button must remain 'plain'.
Go to Top of Page

justintime

34 Posts

Posted - 20 oct. 2005 :  06:06:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johnwpb

I have been trying without sucess to change the icons in iGuidance as mentioned above. I am computer savy, and the procedure was painless. However, when I load iGuidance after making the resource image changes, it crashed upon loading.

This is most likely because you are opening the .exe file *and* Reschacker at the same time. You can usually get away with it, but I found that about 20% of the time, if I opened the .exe file with ResHacker and modified it while the app was open (in the background) it would crash the next time I closed/relaunched the exe to see the changes.

Bottom line, always close the exe before opening it with reshacker. And always close ResHacker before opening the exe!
Go to Top of Page

justintime

34 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2005 :  21:49:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone (Marvin?) know how to make the POI font size smaller than the font of the streets? When I zoom all the way in, the street names and the POI names (for example, the name of a gas station, in blue) are the same size, and I would rather have a much smaller font size for the POIs...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 29 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2,04 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05