Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2299

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Software
 PC and MAC GPS Software
 iGuidance Customization Ideas
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 29

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2005 :  22:51:48  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote

iGuidance Customization Ideas for PDA’s and Laptops

Index: (some of what you can find in this thread)

[PPC] [PC] GPS arrows: page 1 here

[PPC] [PC] POI icons: page 1 here

[PC] Hotkeys for laptop version of iGuidance: here

[PC] Eliminate the Title bar from Menus: page 1 here

[PPC] [PC] Create your 1st theme.ini file: page 5 here

[PPC] [PC] Map font size: page 1 here, 5 here

[PPC] [PC] Road thickness: page 1 here, 3 here

[PPC] [PC] Route colors: page 1 here

[PPC] [PC] Customize colors of parks, lakes, etc or completely hide geo-features: page 2 here

[PPC] [PC] See more roads: page 3 here

[PPC] [PC] The correct *.ini name for your iGuidance version: page 4 here

[PPC] [PC] Color palette: page 5 here

[PPC] [PC] Silence instead of the "ding" sound: page 5 here

[PPC] [PC] Record your own voice prompts: page 7 here

[PPC] [PC] Customization of Zoom Levels: page 8 here

[PPC] [PC] See more cities: page 8 here

[PPC] [PC] List of theme.ini functions: page 9 here

[PC] Increase size of menu buttons, make iGuidance touch screen friendly: page 10 here, 14 here

[PPC] [PC] Change background color: page 11 here

[PPC] [PC] Change street name text color: page 11 here

[PPC] [PC] Change road color: page 11 here

[PC] Embed iGuidance in other applications: page 14 here

[PPC] [PC] How to install more than one version of iG on your PC or PPC: here

[PPC] [PC] Change road border color: page 18 here

[PC] Show No Warning: page 18 here

[PPC] Show No Warning: page 20 here

[PPC] [PC] Continue to Final Destination? Does the question annoy you?: page 19 here

[PC] Navigate by coordinates: page 20 here

[PC] Qwerty on screen keyboard: page 20 here

[PPC] [PC] Voice options in iGuidance 4 - disable/enable TTS (text-to-speech): page 24 here

[PC] Custom buttons & icons by Chris (a.k.a. serveradmnstrtr): page 24 here

[UMPC]
iGuidanceUMPC Color Locations: page 26 here

The following tweaks either no longer work with the most recent iGuidance 3.0, or they are no longer needed (IMHO):

[PPC] [PC] FULL Re-calculate registry tweak: page 4 here

[PC] ETA/REM/DEST/SPEED box is too small: page 6 here

[PPC] [PC] See more street names: page 15 here[/size=1]

Let's share good ideas...

Keyboard access to full screen mode in iGuidance 2.1

EDIT: This tweak is no longer needed in iGuidance 2.1.1 which introduced F-key to toggle full screen mode.

Users of the laptop version of the new iGuidance 2.1 have one annoyance to deal with: there is no way to toggle the new Full Screen View mode with a keyboard shortcut. Attempting to move a mouse pointer to the exact position where the small full screen button is may not be quite safe at a high rate of speed ;-)

I just managed to modify iguidance.exe file to add Ctrl+F shortcut for this function. And to make it even simpler I also added a new F-key function to iGkeys.

I'm not going to publish here the modified iguidance.exe file because the developer of this navigation software could object to that (even though the one file alone would be useless to anybody unless they own the the whole software). However I will share here step by step a simple procedure how you too can do it.

After you have modified the iguidance.exe file, and after you have installed the newest version of iGkeys, you will have a single key access to turning on / off full screen view mode just by hitting F-key on your keyboard.

1. First step is to download ResHacker >>here<<

2. Backup (copy & paste to a different folder) iguidance.exe before you do anything. This is always a good idea ;-)

3. Start ResHacker, and on the Menu bar click File > Open. Navigate to iguidance.exe which you will likely locate in C:\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance

4. As shown on the above picture, open Accelerators folder and navigate to the 1033 file. Add this: "^F", 3074 as shown on the picture. Press "Compile Script" button above, and then click Save (Menu bar > File > Save). (Make sure iGuidance is closed before you attempt to save, or it will not save.)

Congratulations, now you can start iGuidance 2.1 and Ctrl+F will toggle full screen mode for you. However, I do not like Ctrl+F. It is simpler to just use a single key shortcut. Continue to next step:

5. Download newest version of iGkeys >>here<<. It will let you toggle full screen mode just by hitting F-key on your keyboard. (Provided you have modified iguidance.exe as described above.)

If you do not feel comfortable doing any of the above, please do not do it.

All the above information is provided without warranty and on a 'use at your own risk' basis

Marvin Hlavac - Toronto, Canada

Edited by - Marvin Hlavac on 18 sept. 2006 12:39:03

Ads

jeepjep

51 Posts

Posted - 08 mai 2005 :  06:03:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damn your good
That did the trick...

Inavsupport - take a look at this and IMPLEMENT!!

John
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 08 mai 2005 :  16:56:10  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Create your own arrows

I find the iGuidance arrow a bit too small on my 15" screen set to 1024 x 768 pixels. Here is what I have done to replace the existing small arrow with my own a bit bigger arrow.

Before & after pictures:

First I created my arrows in my favourite image editor software CorelDraw. I created two sets: one set for 3D and one set for 2D view mode.

You may download my arrows here: >>NewArrows_001.zip<<

If anyone here at the forum wishes to create some nice looking arrows and share them, it would be very much appreciated.

Open iguidance.exe in ResHacker (see more info in the previous post) and navigate to the images you wish to change. Right-clicking will give you an option to "Replace" the image with your own.

Click "Open file with new bitmap" to select the image of your choice. Then click "Replace" and save (Menu bar > File > Save).

For the above to work I replaced the following picture files:

Pictures to be used in 2-D mode:

106, 142

107, 143

108, 144

Pictures to be used in 3-D mode:

200, 201, 206, 207

197, 202, 203, 208

198, 199, 204, 205

I think the GPS arrows in the PDA version are just fine, but if anyone wishes to experiment the same is possible on your PPC as well. I just tested it, and the file that I needed to modify was iGuidanceQVGA.exe located in my PDA Phone in \Program Files\iNav\iGuidance

All the above information is provided without warranty and on a 'use at your own risk' basis

Edited by - Marvin Hlavac on 12 juin 2005 06:09:13
Go to Top of Page

weatheryoko

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2005 :  18:45:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marvin,
Wonderful fine! Absolutely 100% fantastic! This was one of my last remaining "gripes" with iGuidance. One question though....How do you enable the larger POI icons? I see that there are 32x32 icons available, but whenever I launch the program, the smaller (and uglier) ones are displayed (16x16 I think). Any ideas? I might be able to use this with my OQO after all!
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2005 :  23:54:30  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Create your own POI icons

Customizing POI icons is indeed possible, but I do not know at this moment how to make them any bigger than they are. On the above picture I changed POI icons of restaurants to show instead a little picture of my daughter when she was a baby ;-)

To use our own pictures as POI icons we need to first turn our *.bmp, *.jpg, or *.gif image files into *.ico format. Your favourite image editing software may be able to do this. If not, then you may try to search the web for some freeware or shareware utility designed to create .ico files. My favourite is IconForge (http://www.cursorarts.com/ca_if.html ) But there are several others available as well.

To replace a POI icon is very similar to changing GPS arrow as described earlier. Instead of “Bitmap”, look into “Icon” folder within ResHack software.

Good luck & have fun ;-)

Edited by - Marvin Hlavac on 14 mai 2005 00:29:13
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2005 :  08:08:28  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Eliminate the blue Title bar from Menu windows

Justintime, who just joined GpsPasSion today, shares how we can eliminate the blue Title bar from the top of the Menu windows. In some applications the Title bar is just an unwelcome obstruction, especially when used on a small CarPC screen set at low resolution:

----------
If you guys want to make all the windows look more authentic (more 'car pc navigator' like) you can use ResHacker, and then do the following to remove the menu bars. (The window's menu bar used to drag windows... who needs that?)

1) Select the dialog
2) Right click dialog window, and select EDIT DIALOG from the contextual menu.
3) On the bottom left, there is a list. Some items will be highlited in yellow. Find WS_DLGFRAME and hilite it.
4) Save compile etc.

You can do this for every dialog. They look much more authentic WITHOUT the windows menu bar!

----------

Justintime may be new at GpsPasSion today, but he is definitely not a "newbie". We can learn a few ideas from him. By the way, notice that he uses the old iGuidance 2.0, and notice the large map font size. There are many iGuidance users who wish they could upgrade to the new iGuidance 2.1, but they will not do that mainly because of the inability to increase map font size. The famous THEME.INI file that allowed users a certain level of customization is not yet available for the new iGuidance 2.1.

Edited by - Marvin Hlavac on 12 juin 2005 02:51:28
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 17 mai 2005 :  00:39:33  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
THEME.INI for version 2.1

I have no clue what I'm doing but I opened iguidance.exe in hex editor and I see the same stuff that was in the old theme.ini: MZL, FZL, NMRC, DMRC, NFC, DFC, NPT, STS, NPW, STW, MSR, AZLC, NGRDC, DGRDC, GRDPW, RTPW, STC, BNCA, SBC, RTC, NMRBPC, DMRBPC, NMRPC, DMRPC, MBC, GRPW, MDFC, RPW. Nothing is missing, nothing is added, it is in the same order ;-) But it looks like theme.ini has changed its name to CTHEME.INI

I have to leave home for a couple of hours but later I will play with it...

In the mean time to change font size to something large, copy and paste this to your notepad and save as ctheme.ini, then put it to the folder where your iguidance.exe is

; street name font size in points @ zoom level
STS=20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20

Cheers!

Edited by - Marvin Hlavac on 18 mai 2005 01:56:00
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 17 mai 2005 :  02:36:27  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Change map font size in iGuidance 2.1

Yes, it is finally working!!! I'm not yet sure if the whole *.ini file works in the new 2.1 like it use to in iGuidance 2.0, but map fonts can be changed. Just rename the old theme.ini to ctheme.ini and experiment ;-)

Edited by - Marvin Hlavac on 12 juin 2005 05:51:05
Go to Top of Page

iNav_Product

124 Posts

Posted - 17 mai 2005 :  02:56:29  Show Profile  Visit iNav_Product's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, Marvin is one smart guy!! You figured it out ahead of our official announcement! Revised theme.ini file will be posted to our website in about 2 weeks. And the difference is theme.ini vs. ctheme.ini. However, the new ctheme.ini we'll be posting for v2.0.2 and v2.1 will also have the added codes to reflect the map color theme feature for v2.0.2/v2.1, which v2.0/v2.0.1 didn't have.....
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 17 mai 2005 :  13:52:23  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's excellent! That's definitely something owners of the new iGuidance 2.1 (and 2.0.2) can look forward to! Thanks iNav!

In the mean time, I'd recommend that users who wish to experiment on their own with creating their ctheme.ini do it step-by-step. Remove everything from the old theme.ini and add only one component at one time. I first started with only the font component, so my ctheme.ini contained only 2 lines and nothing else. Later you may add another component and check if it still works ;-)

Change 2D road thickness

Before & after pictures:

I like my roads thinner than the original 2.1 offers. Here is what you can add to ctheme.ini and you can adjust it to your liking:

; road pen width in pixels @ 100ft FC1-2-3-4-5
RPW0=6 6 5 4 3
;RPW0=2 2 2 2 1
; road pen width in pixels @ 200ft FC1-2-3-4-5
RPW1=5 5 4 3 2
;RPW1=2 2 2 2 1
; road pen width in pixels @ 500ft FC1-2-3-4-5
RPW2=4 4 3 2 1
;RPW2=2 2 2 2 1
; road pen width in pixels @ 1000ft FC1-2-3-4-5
RPW3=3 3 2 2 1
;RPW3=2 2 2 2 1
; road pen width in pixels @ 2500ft FC1-2-3-4-5
RPW4=3 3 2 2 1
;RPW4=2 2 2 2 1
; road pen width in pixels @ 1mi FC1-2-3-4-5
RPW5=3 3 2 1 1
;RPW5=2 2 2 2 1
; road pen width in pixels @ 2mi FC1-2-3-4-5
RPW6=2 2 1 1 1
;RPW6=2 2 1 1 1
; road pen width in pixels @ 5mi FC1-2-3-4-5
RPW7=2 2 1 1 1
;RPW7=2 1 1 1 1
; road pen width in pixels @ 10mi FC1-2-3-4-5
RPW8=1 1 1 1 1
;RPW8=2 1 1 1 1
; road pen width in pixels @ 25mi FC1-2-3-4-5
RPW9=1 1 1 1 1
;RPW9=2 1 1 1 1
; road pen width in pixels @ 100mi FC1-2-3-4-5
RPW10=1 1 1 1 1
;RPW10=1 1 1 1 1

I wish we could do the same with 3D!

Edited by - Marvin Hlavac on 18 mai 2005 01:56:03
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 18 mai 2005 :  11:50:13  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Route Colors

Before & after pictures:

In iGuidace 2.1 the segment of the route you are traveling on is of solid green color at night and solid blue during the day. However, the following route segments are of pale green and pale blue color and may not be as easily visible depending on the background. I prefer to keep the solid colors for the whole route to improve the contrast and visibility at all zoom levels. To do that copy the code below and paste it to your ctheme.ini file.

; route colors
RTC=0,0,255 0,0,255 0,255,0 0,255,0

Go to Top of Page

jeepjep

51 Posts

Posted - 18 mai 2005 :  14:39:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marvin,

Have you figured out how to keep identifying POI's WITHOUT having to exit out of the pop-up screen EVERY SINGLE TIME grr?

I think you just found a new job :)

John

Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 18 mai 2005 :  15:05:50  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
John that is a feature I love in Microsoft Streets & Trips. It makes POI searches, address searches, intersection searches so much easier. Implementation of something similar would bring iGuidance to a new level ;-)

For users not familiar with S&T, when we get multiple search results in S&T all you need to do is highlight one to see it on the map, and then highlight another to see another... You don't have to actually “commit” yourself to one of the results by hitting "Navigate" or "Map" to check visually on the map if it is the right place. The S&T implementation of this function saves a lot of time when we have to look through multiple results.

This is definitely a good one for the wish list ;-)

Go to Top of Page

weatheryoko

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 18 mai 2005 :  22:22:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marvin,
I'm always stealing ideas and never really contributing, but here's my first attempt at trying to help. Here are my modified icons and some screen captures.

Original:

The outline of the 3-d icon will change based on the number of satellites (i.e. yellow, red, green etc) as does the circle on the 2-d variant.

Let me know if anyone wants these icons.

I liked the look of the icons but I may have to change the route colors. I'm going to work at updating my PPC application next!
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2005 :  02:23:16  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Weatheryoko that's nice! I like both the 2D and the 3D arrows. If you find the time you may post them here so we can try them, too ;-)

Go to Top of Page

weatheryoko

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2005 :  17:32:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are the icons:

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 29 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05