Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2297

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Advanced Topics
 General Technical Discussions
 Firmware versions of SiRF based receivers
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

gpspassion

94029 Posts

Posted - 03 juil. 2006 :  11:32:15  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well 3.3 is not bad since no one else has it, actually I wonder if it isn't a "typo" and shouldn't be 3.2. And yes SIF needs some "hosting", for a detailed discussion about SIF on the A701 you have http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=55087 first paragraph.

Oki

Spain
19 Posts

Posted - 03 juil. 2006 :  12:38:22  Show Profile  Visit Oki's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gpspassion

Well 3.3 is not bad since no one else has it, actually I wonder if it isn't a "typo" and shouldn't be 3.2.

It is not a typo error from my side (i did a copy-paste) and I hardly believe that the firmware ID had a typo error. You also told that it had the GSW3.3.0 in point 3 of your A701 review.

Maybe Carl@SiRF can clarify this since this revision 3.1.0.12 seems to be an old FW from Nov'05.

Regards,
Oki

Edited by - Oki on 03 juil. 2006 12:47:05
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94029 Posts

Posted - 03 juil. 2006 :  14:38:38  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, no a "typo" in the firmware line, not in your message ! Just a guess as the dates don't make much sense.

Oki

Spain
19 Posts

Posted - 04 juil. 2006 :  11:01:59  Show Profile  Visit Oki's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You are right, under SiRF protocol My Mitac Mio A701 reports FW version:
GSW3.3.0_3.1.00.12-C35ENG-11-02-2005

but under the EMEA protocol it reports FW version:
3.1.00.12.00-MitacGSW3EER00-GSW3.2.0-C35ENG

Which one is the right one?

Carl@SiRF,
Are SiRF going to address this failure or it is Mitac's fault?

Thanks,
Oki

Edited by - Oki on 04 juil. 2006 12:28:33
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94029 Posts

Posted - 04 juil. 2006 :  12:19:15  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hum, why would you call this a "failure", worst case it's just a typo, remember this is text chain, it performs as advertised that's the main thing, and please don't call out names in the forums especially in bold characters, people participate if they feel like it.

Oki

Spain
19 Posts

Posted - 04 juil. 2006 :  12:39:00  Show Profile  Visit Oki's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The GetSWVer SiRF command does not return the right text string or it is not clear enough. It is definety a failure. The right identification of an item is critical. A FW revision is like model and serial number in a physical product, an error or a discrepancy in this information is considered a major non conformity from the quality point of view.

I work in the aerospace industry and if a quality assessment performed by the Agency finds this problem in an airworthy GPS, the product would be grounded and an investigation would be initiated. I have seen this procedure under similar circumstances when the identification of an item is not clear enough.

It is not critical in a PDA phone but it is still a fault. If an airworthy GPS is affected by this mistake then it can be a problem for the manufacturer and the clients. I am just trying to help.

Regards,
Oki

PD: I have removed bold fonts from names in my previous post. I am sorry about that, I didn't know bold font means call out I thought only uppercase meant that.

Edited by - Oki on 04 juil. 2006 12:47:13
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94029 Posts

Posted - 12 juil. 2006 :  17:21:15  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gpspassion

That's interesting, how did you figure that out ? Is there a way to read FW versions directly in the nüvi ? Wonder if that means that SIF is going to be made available on the nüvi as well, since 3.2 seems to be the FW version needed for that.

Someone kindly forwarded me a reply from Garmin saying that they had currently no plans to implement SIF on the nüvi.

aaronprez

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 17 nov. 2006 :  20:58:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems 3.2 is out there. Below is my email thread with Holux support:

http://www.boccebowl.com/holux.htm

I think I will be sending mine in to get 3.2. Not sure if it will help with WAAS issues, but I am willing to try.
Go to Top of Page

cyberas

25 Posts

Posted - 22 nov. 2006 :  22:06:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about Globalsat BT-338. Did somebody hear about v3.2 firmware for that device?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94029 Posts

Posted - 23 nov. 2006 :  02:51:10  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I checked with GS a couple of weeks ago and they said all their GPS receivers shipped out with v3.2 now. No upgrade available.

Just received the latest Royaltek RBT-2110 and it has v3.2.1

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

cyberas

25 Posts

Posted - 28 nov. 2006 :  12:24:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BT338again

Hi, I've just received my 2nd BT338 receiver as a replacement for the 1st one that went faulty (wouldn't switch on). My replacement BT338 has got FW GSW3.1.1TO_3.1.00.07-C23P1.00 as reported by Sirfdemo Vers 3.81 The original BT338 had GSW3.1.1LowV 3.1.00.07-C23B1.00 .
Anybody know what the numbers & letters mean in the FW reported by Sirfdemo? and has the design changed much between the 2 Firmwares?

BT338again.

http://www.usglobalsat.com/faq_details/FAQ_BT338.htm#38Q
"38Q) What are the differences between the BT-338_GSW3V3.1.1LowV_F-GPS-03-0506222 vs. BT-338_GSW3.1.1TO_F-GPS-03-0510032?
38A) The difference is we add the RTC time to 1 day, compared with older version 2.5hrs. It will keep the data we stored within 1 day so that no need to do Cold start."
Go to Top of Page

mag

10 Posts

Posted - 03 déc. 2006 :  18:41:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Latest update for SiRFstarIII based Garmin units: http://www.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=1629

contains: GSW3.2.4GARMIN_3.1.00.12-SDK001P1.01
dated: 11/03/2006

changelog:

Version 2.90:
1. Improved ephemeris collection under dynamics.
2. Additional SiRF maintenance improvements.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94029 Posts

Posted - 18 déc. 2006 :  03:06:19  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes Garmin are getting the latest and greatest ! Just received a new BT-359 test unit with 3.2.2 and I'm seeing some improved accuracy multipath handling while driving, no change for pedestrian use though, the MTK 737 still seems better.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

maurizio

Italy
4 Posts

Posted - 17 janv. 2007 :  18:55:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For Carl@Sirf or anyone who may know:
Is it possible to tell us which are the FW versions of Sirf III modules (not bluetooth receivers) i.e. Leadtek or others and which available version support up/download ephemeris Sirf Commands to allow an AGPS application?.
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94029 Posts

Posted - 17 janv. 2007 :  23:20:09  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
None, see previous discussions about that, most likely under an AGPS header of sorts.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05