Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2760

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 Customizing the Medion PNA 150 / Transonic
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

gpspassion

94633 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2005 :  00:46:52  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
CUSTOMIZING THE MEDION 150 * - TRANSONIC **
Brought to you by GpsPasSion and PocketGPSWorld

BEFORE - AFTER

How to turn the Medion PNA 150 into a full WindowsCE 4.2 terminal with the same functionalities as the shipping version(Navigation/mp3/settings), but with the option to install programs such as OziCE for all-terrain GPS or BetaPlayer to watch DivX movies - full list of compatible apps >>HERE<< (French Forums)

The method :
  1. Download the additional files required here: installation pack
  2. Connect the MDPNA150 to your PC via ActiveSync and click 'explore'

3. Copy 'regedit.exe' from the .zip file and paste into \Windows\StartUp.

4. Copy 'modified.reg' into the 'Medion' folder on the device

5. Soft Reset your device using the stylus (unscrew the end of the stylus to reveal the reset pin!)

6. When the PNA150 reboots it will automatically launch Regedit. Click 'File | Import' and then locate the 'Medion' folder in the files and folders selection list and double click to open. You will see the 'modified.reg' file we copied in Step 4, double-click to import

7. Locate regedit.exe in \Windows\StartUp. Cut this file and paste into \Windows\Programs .Copy 'showtaskbar.exe' from the .zip file and paste into \Windows\StartUp

8. Locate Setting.exe in the 'Medion' folder, right-click and select 'Create Shortcut'. Copy the 'Shortcut to Setting.exe' file that is created as a result and paste into \Windows\Desktop. Repeat this process for 'MNAVDECE.exe' also located in the 'Medion' folder and 'MP3Player.exe' located in \Windows

9. Finally, reset your device once more with the stylus and it will boot to the WinCE desktop with shortcuts to the three applications you had before. If you hold your stylus at the bottom left of the screen on the thin grey bar the WinCE taskbar will appear and you will gain access to the standard WinCE apps.

Feel free to test it out and ask any questions. As this is a joint effort with www.PocketGPSWorld.com, you can ask questions in their forums too.

A few "must haves" :
MioTools - >HERE< - one tap access to the keyboard
BananaPC - >HERE< - multi-tasking

* - This method has been tested to be without risk, but is not supported by Medion, so a hard reset will likely be required if you need to call their support line for other issues with your device down the road

** - If you have a Transonic/Bluemedia, you can read this thread for some specific tweaks

Ads

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 16 févr. 2005 :  23:40:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi.
This is very cool, except that the file custom150.zip doesen't contain 'showtaskbar.exe' or 'modified.reg'.
It does contain 'bureau.reg' and 'standard.reg' instead. Maybe the wrong file?

Regards
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94633 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2005 :  11:48:44  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry, this has now been fixed !

thedancingdog

4 Posts

Posted - 23 févr. 2005 :  20:04:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, I bought a Medion PNA 150 here in Italy, in a Metro store, and I found the ugly Destinator version sw; I readed in the french forums (well, my french is very poor...) some posts about Medion PNA 150 and Navigon sw, I would know If you have managed to install Navigon Mobile Navigator|4 on the Medion PNA 150.
Otherwise, could you help me to find where I can buy the bluemedia version of the Navigon sw? Do you know if it work on the Medion?

Tnx, for your patience, I tried to search the forum but it's too hard for me to follow your conversation in french...

thedancingdog
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94633 Posts

Posted - 24 févr. 2005 :  01:27:59  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, that's not an option at this time as the software is not sold separately, one option is to use MapSonic, but the sound is too low - linked from here http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20212

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 02 mars 2005 :  13:03:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

very interesting customizing the medion 150, but in the zip-file still not found 'modified.reg'. what's about this file, is it called different ('bureau.reg'?). Please answer, i'd like to be sure about that before i'm gonna change my medion.

thx

Medion MDPNA 150 with Navteq on board, v4.4
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94633 Posts

Posted - 02 mars 2005 :  17:13:45  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry about, fixed the links, please download again ;-)

jbcb

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 04 mars 2005 :  14:07:54  Show Profile  Visit jbcb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi, can u please send me the file for "modified.reg", have got the showtaskbar file, but no modified.reg....
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94633 Posts

Posted - 04 mars 2005 :  14:22:50  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hum, sorry about that, hopefully I'll get this right at some point...like now ! ;-)

jbcb

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 04 mars 2005 :  15:56:27  Show Profile  Visit jbcb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what is the download link? i've clicked on the download link from the very 1st post in this forum, it sill come with one without the file.... is there a new link for it? if so, can you please post the link in the next reply. Thank You!
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94633 Posts

Posted - 04 mars 2005 :  16:49:07  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not sure what you're clicking on, click on "installation pack" above, I just did and it works, might be in your cache, do a "ctrl+click on link" to clean it up.

bobgentry

7 Posts

Posted - 10 mars 2005 :  15:44:49  Show Profile  Visit bobgentry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A quick guide to getting the UK Speed CAmeras working with Your Medion MDPNA 150 >>HERE<<
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94633 Posts

Posted - 10 mars 2005 :  15:52:22  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fixed the link, you probably want to put links to the pages where you got your info from ;-)

bobgentry

7 Posts

Posted - 11 mars 2005 :  10:43:29  Show Profile  Visit bobgentry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The showtaskbar.exe was gained from this site, the camera data base and other info was gained by just hard work
Go to Top of Page

MMM

5 Posts

Posted - 20 mars 2005 :  16:48:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will this work for the Navman iCN510?

MMM
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94633 Posts

Posted - 20 mars 2005 :  20:00:33  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately not, no, they locked it up completely as did Mio with the 268 and 269.

Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05