Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2791

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Software
 "Off-Road" GPS Software
 Memory map wish list
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

AlphaMale

48 Posts

Posted - 06 févr. 2005 :  19:29:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Starting a memory map wish list

1. Heading up mode
  2. Can we get a mark point at current position.
  3. Can we convert a track into route on the pocket pc version.
  4. Can we have a default setting for all newly created waypoints to avoid entering values like "proximity" for each point.
  5. More visible colors for tracks (other than yellow/red/blue)
  6. Remove the "x" and border to make navigation info fields blend better with the map
  7. while recording a track, a setting for auto mark creation
  8. Zooming in more than 200% for track analysis

Ads

jhansman

USA
288 Posts

Posted - 07 févr. 2005 :  22:58:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, while recording a track, a setting for auto mark creation after a set time or distance would be nice. I'm thinking every mile or 30 min., something like that.

Navigating California's Central Coast, and beyond......
Go to Top of Page

richardstephens

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 08 févr. 2005 :  01:13:13  Show Profile  Visit richardstephens's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Comments and suggestions are always welcome: You can send them to wishlist@memory-map.com, or post them here. I'm listening!

Richard Stephens.
Memory-Map, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94640 Posts

Posted - 08 févr. 2005 :  01:18:05  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good idea, I'll make this a "sticky", in fact I had one yesterday while using it and forgot it...ah no, make more track colors easy to see, right now there's only blue/red and yellow, I'd say, at least on a PocketPC.

jhansman

USA
288 Posts

Posted - 08 févr. 2005 :  02:33:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've already suggested this to Richard, but I'll add it here as well: allow a metric or statute setting for the axis overlay in profiles. Currently only shows metric.

EDIT: In ver 4.4.2, the elevation profiles for tracks now use feet on the elevation axis, and miles in the distance axis. Nicely done!

Edited by - jhansman on 09 mai 2005 07:07:43
Go to Top of Page

lombard0

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 16 févr. 2005 :  03:00:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK here's a few more: Posting here for others as Richard already has these:
1. A better way to reset alarms mayby using a pop-up reset button
2. Add a time stamp to Tracks,Routes, postions, Marks so one can more easily find recent ones (Richard notes he's already reworking the List Manager on the PPC to make it more like the desktop version)
3. Add map datum depth soundings to the scale indicator
4. Add user selectable colors for Marks and Waypoints
5. Provide street/road overlays

Don't forget the GPSPassion Club!
Go to Top of Page

jhansman

USA
288 Posts

Posted - 16 févr. 2005 :  03:59:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And another: is it possible, when searching a map for a place, to somehow differentiate the area of the place when there are multiple sites with the same name? Example: in searching the Calif. maps for 'Heart Lake', no less than 7 are listed, each in a different part of the state, with no clue as to which is which. The only way to find the one you want is to view each one separately until MM loads the correct map for that place. I know the place database is huge, but couldn't, say, the county for multiple places also be listed. This would help greatly in pinpointing a desired place.

Gotta keep those programmers busy, eh?

Navigating California's Central Coast, and beyond......
Go to Top of Page

lombard0

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2005 :  02:03:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just recieved some beta code from Richard and there's some nice features that he has added. I especially like the new programmable HW buttons. Also included is a bunch of fixes to minor issues. The list is pretty long. one of the items on our hit list, mark current position has been knocked off too.

AND for those with the Pro version it looks like web based corelation of numerous parties is coming (aka Real-time tracking of multiple remote parties via internet). I haven't been able to play with this yet as it requires a Pro license but you also really need a Wireless WAN connection (I only have WiFi which is kinda useless, although it can be used to demo the idea.

I have barely played with the new SW. Will let you know more as I discover things.

The really important point here is that Memory-Map is maintaining, improving and expanding it features lists. Something I always look for in SW.

Don't forget the GPSPassion Club!

Edited by - lombard0 on 08 avr. 2005 01:35:34
Go to Top of Page

Kenundrum

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2005 :  02:16:51  Show Profile  Visit Kenundrum's Homepage  Reply with Quote
how about the ability to import more than one .loc file at a time? i have a directory full of geocaching files and i want to put them all in at once- it's hard to have to click each one seperately.

HP Ipaq hx4700 WM2003SE
Fortuna Clip-on BT GPS
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94640 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2005 :  02:17:03  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, got an email about real time tracking, it looks pretty exciting! Will give it a try ASAP.

richardstephens

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2005 :  04:00:37  Show Profile  Visit richardstephens's Homepage  Reply with Quote
> how about the ability to import more than one .loc file at a time?

In version 4.4.2 (which will be on the web site very soon), you can drag-and-drop multiple file from explorer into Memory-Map. You have to drop them on the title bar or toolbar, not onto a map window (which would instead create a linked mark on the map).

If you want to play with the tracking feature, but don't have a Pro license, we can arrange a time-limited demo. Contact support@memory-map.com.
Go to Top of Page

Kenundrum

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 12 avr. 2005 :  19:31:40  Show Profile  Visit Kenundrum's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i just realized something- i've just started to use memory map to organize geocache locations- and i'm trying to look a cache up on memory map and there is no way to search through waypoints/marks for instance, to find cache GCN9EF i have to scroll through the huge list of marks i have. it would be lots more convenient to be able to do something similar to a placename search where it just takes you to the point and opens the appropriate map.

HP Ipaq hx4700 WM2003SE
Fortuna Clip-on BT GPS
Go to Top of Page

richardstephens

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 12 avr. 2005 :  21:01:17  Show Profile  Visit richardstephens's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree. We are planning to unify the placename database with the overlay objects, so you can search for overlays, and show icons for POI features.

In the meantime, to search your geocaches, you can export to a CSV file and re-arrange the columns (Name, Category, Lat, Long) using Excel. Then change the filename to a .txt file and load it with Search / Load database.

Regards,
Richard.
Go to Top of Page

jhansman

USA
288 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2005 :  21:53:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. The ability to store mulitple place name databases onto a storage card. Currently only one at a time can be sent to a PDA, and then only to Built-in Storage. These databases can be fairly large ( >1MB), so a fast memory card would be a better place for them.

2. The ability to rename maps with a usable name, e.g., "Mt. Whitney Area" before they are sent to the PDA. Currently maps come over with names like "24kCaliforniaCentral_11654...", and you have no way of knowing what map you have until it is open. Copied map name can be edited, but not on the PDA, so the back-and-forth from PDA to PC to PDA gets a bit clunky.
Go to Top of Page

jhansman

USA
288 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2005 :  01:25:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, since no one has contributed to this thread in over 4 months, I thought I'd add another wish: can we please get the maps on DVD? The Calif. set is 16 CDs in all! DVDs have to be inexpensive enough now to allow publishing such massive apps.

Edited by - jhansman on 08 oct. 2005 04:49:23
Go to Top of Page

richardstephens

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 05 oct. 2005 :  13:26:55  Show Profile  Visit richardstephens's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes... US state sets on DVD will be available very soon. You will be able to view the maps directly from the DVD, or copy them to the hard drive. I think that will be a big improvement in the OOBE.

Canada, New Zealand and UK maps are also available on DVD.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,64 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05