Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2270

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Mapopolis Official Forum
 Beta Testing
 4.6 Pre6 - 2 September 2005
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 41

rrypma

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 30 août 2005 :  16:34:46  Show Profile
Anyone know the last build to not have yet been encoded with the new background for the dialog screens? The problem is so bad on my phone, I can't even enter addresses... Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Ris

USA
679 Posts

Posted - 30 août 2005 :  19:14:00  Show Profile
As I posted on the News forum:

quote:
We have found and corrected the GPS lock-to-road bug that was causing the GPS signal to lock onto roads that are very far away. This same error is also capable of causing very odd routing results where the route will send you hundreds of miles out of the way in order to visit one of these "magic attractor" points, usually points on major roads very far from where you are or where you are trying to route.

The underlying problem was a mathematical overflow error while calculating distances... we had some code in place to account for this in pre3 and all previous versions, but it looked unnecessarily complicated, so we disabled it during development on pre4 in an effort to examine and address the Distance Info Panel error, but it didn't fix the error and it created a new one, so we have returned to the pre3 code in this case and that appears to have fixed the problem.

We appreciate your patience with this problem until we can post a corrected release.

In pre4, disable the option for Lock To Road to make this problem go away (mostly).

Best Regards,
Ris

No worse fate can befall a program than to have bugs.
Go to Top of Page

Dr_StrangeTrick

United Kingdom
379 Posts

Posted - 31 août 2005 :  09:16:36  Show Profile
Hi Ris, I have gone back to the 4.3 Pre3 version.

But I have to say that while the Pre4 version did manage to run going back to Pre3 it is clear that that the Pre4 version was very slow.

I thought it must have been my device playing up but things like pressing down arrow to get to my list of favourites I had to press the down a number of times before it registered and also press Done several times.

Also when it was routing or just in 'follow me' mode the display and road names did not really catch up with each other.

Going back to Pre3 everything worked perfectly. I know you have mentioned the Lock to Road problem but I think there is something else wrong with the Pre4 version.

Orange C550, TomTom BT GPS
Go to Top of Page

rrypma

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 31 août 2005 :  16:35:33  Show Profile
I also have moved back to pre3, which allowed me to enter addresses unlike pre4. Routing was quite good for the few routes I had chosen, however, I was struck with sheer repetitiveness of the voice prompts. If the traffic slowed I would be told that I must take the next right over 20 times at 600 feet, 580 feet, 560 feet, etc. Short of turning off voice prompts, is there a setting I'm missing to adjust for that?
Go to Top of Page

lvgdgts

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 31 août 2005 :  16:47:49  Show Profile
rrypma,
Have you gone to Settings>Navigation Options and adjusted the timing on the voice prompts? This should take care of that issue to your satisfaction.
Go to Top of Page

rrypma

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 31 août 2005 :  23:48:53  Show Profile
Thanks...didn't scroll down far enough in the 'sounds' options menu to see those setting. For whatever reason, both variables were set to 0 seconds ('start prompt' and 'repeat interval').
Go to Top of Page

Ris

USA
679 Posts

Posted - 01 sept. 2005 :  01:08:17  Show Profile
Thanks, maybe you found a bug that caused some of the user options to be reset to zero for some reason. We'll double check the code to try to make sure the values get reset to reasonable defaults in any cases where they have to be reset for any reason (such as if your options file is unavailable or unreadable, etc). I'm glad that's all it was! I was getting nightmares of the voice prompt problems of several betas past coming back to haunt me, LOL

Best Regards,
Ris

Go to Top of Page

lamar@mapopolis.com

USA
2508 Posts

Posted - 01 sept. 2005 :  01:25:13  Show Profile  Visit lamar@mapopolis.com's Homepage
Hi, guys,

Posted to the front page...

Download:

http://kudzumonthly.com/mapopolis/PPC/4.6pre5

User's guide:

http://www.kudzumonthly.com/mapopolis/PPC/SmartphoneMan4.6.zip

4.6 Prerelease 5 - 31 August 2005 (Bug fix release for pre4)

* Fixes GPS lock-to-road error that allowed the GPS to lock to roads that were very far from the actual position
* Fixes display error with list selection controls on settings screens
* Fixes overlapped text area and icon on the full screen status window
* Restores missing PLACE category in default category list (this category lists cities in major roads maps)

Lamar

Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
Daniel 12:4
Go to Top of Page

Dr_StrangeTrick

United Kingdom
379 Posts

Posted - 01 sept. 2005 :  07:24:54  Show Profile
Just loaded the Pre5 and so far so good. All the menu's work and everything seems fine

Will give it a chance later when I go out.

Go to Top of Page

spikoman

21 Posts

Posted - 01 sept. 2005 :  15:42:24  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by afeudale

Really weird thing with 4.58 that wasted a LOT of time today...

When routing to a favorite, mapopolis took me onto a highway for 20km, then off the highway, back on in the opposite direction 18km and then to the destination...

Tried again with a different favorite and same thing happened. I don't use paper maps and go to so many places during a week, that I actually followed it!

I reset the phone and tried again and the same thing happened...

I performed a "regular" search for the address and then it worked properly.

Any ideas???

Sounds like a problem I had. I was one block away from the destination and mapopolis told me to drive 9 miles out, loop around and come back! I was playing with different start and end addresses. It was quite reproducible.

Just as I was gathering all the info to file a bug, I noticed that I have multiple copies of a county map was selected i.e. one (older?) copy on my phone and one copy on my miniSD card.

I quitted mapopolis, deleted all the maps from my phone, restaredt mapopolis, went to "choose maps" and then selected "refresh". I haven't seen the problem since. Hope that works for you. If not, you may want to try download all the maps again to make sure they are all the same version/release.

spiko

Audiovox SMT 5600 + Globalsat 338
Go to Top of Page

lamar@mapopolis.com

USA
2508 Posts

Posted - 01 sept. 2005 :  20:48:12  Show Profile  Visit lamar@mapopolis.com's Homepage
Hi, spiko,

Welcome to the forums! Yes, that has been mentioned as one cause of bizarre routes. We also experience it when the same big map and quadrant maps are loaded at the same time. Also, we generally suggest ticking the exhaustivity slider to the right and trying shortest instead of fastest if you see a bizarre route.

Lamar

Go to Top of Page

Dr_StrangeTrick

United Kingdom
379 Posts

Posted - 01 sept. 2005 :  21:48:04  Show Profile
Hi again, just to let you know the maplet selection also works a treat as well

Go to Top of Page

lamar@mapopolis.com

USA
2508 Posts

Posted - 02 sept. 2005 :  16:33:16  Show Profile  Visit lamar@mapopolis.com's Homepage
Hi, guys,

Mapopolis is going to announce a Smartphone version.

4.6 Prerelease 6 - 2 September 2005
(Here we go again.)

* Removes error code 3061 and related functionality (fixes crash on exit)
* Restricts "GPS Port unavailable" error message to be displayed only if the GPS data or satellite display is shown, when triggered by the GPS read error that typically indicates Bluetooth connection death

Lamar

Go to Top of Page

spikoman

21 Posts

Posted - 03 sept. 2005 :  00:17:51  Show Profile
Hey there,

Does anyone else have problems with mapopolis not noticing the GPS lose all reception? I have a GlobalSat BT-338. Not sure if it's the GPS or the program (4.6 Pre2 and 4.6 Pre6).

I have configured mapoplis to play a sound when "Fix [is] Lost". I first get a fix then block the GPS signal until the satellites screen shows that 0 are tracked. Mapopolis won't play the "Fix Lost" sound unless I turn off the GPS. And then it immediately thinks that it has acquired the signaled again (the GPS is still off). The "Fix Lost" sound plays then the "Fix Aquired" sound plays.

The GPS screen switches from 3D Fix 2D Fix as the GPS loses satellite reception. It doesn't show Running/NoFix.

Thanks,
spiko

Edited by - spikoman on 03 sept. 2005 21:13:16
Go to Top of Page

Ris

USA
679 Posts

Posted - 03 sept. 2005 :  05:17:00  Show Profile
Hi Spikoman, thanks for the observations. I'm not sure why it doesn't notice the lost fix, but I'm guessing that your BT-338 is continuing to transmit data for its last-known position and continuing to tell Mapopolis that it has a fix (of its last known position) though the fix is not being updated. But we'll certainly keep an eye out for any ways we can improve the way we handle this type of case in the software and thank you for bringing it to our attention. I would also like to know if anyone else is experiencing this type of issue. Anyone?

Best Regards,
Ris

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 41 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3,22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05