Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2180

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Magellan Roadmate and Maestro AIOs
 RM 700 Stopped Talking to Me
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stonewall

4 Posts

Posted - 11 oct. 2004 :  14:09:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 3.52 Firmware that I updated a few weeks ago. My Roadmate 700 was working fine after the update until last week when it just stopped talking to me. I ran the Diagnostics Audio which fixed the problem until I turn the unit off or turn the volume dial; both of which make it stop talking to me again. Any ideas

Ads

rj5620

56 Posts

Posted - 12 oct. 2004 :  14:48:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yea, buggy firmware. My RM 500 does the same thing after 3.52. Just turn it off-on again and the sound works. Happens less after a few weeks.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

akahan

USA
380 Posts

Posted - 12 oct. 2004 :  17:16:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the same experience with my RM500 running 3.52. Sound went out. Turned it off, and back on again, and the sound was back. Never had this problem with any of the previous firmware versions.
Go to Top of Page

homefndr

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 12 oct. 2004 :  17:25:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that's a problem that should be run past Magellan's tech support. Obviously, the vast majority of people upgrading to the new firmware (myself included) did not experience that problem of intermittent sound loss. If enough people who did (experience the problem) call for a resolution, they are bound to have a fix...or at least an explaination of why it occurred to some users. Just my humble opinion.
Go to Top of Page

Rita

33 Posts

Posted - 14 oct. 2004 :  12:12:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Roadmate 700 stopped talking to me too - a long time ago. I'm still on the original firmware - never got around to updating it, I originally thought updating it might fix it. Then I realized that since I lost the voice, I have had no problems losing the address book. Then I realized that the voice guidance was actually irritating me before, and I prefer it mute! So I've done nothing about it, but I agree, we need to let Magellan know about this problem - whether it's firmware or hardware, they need to know that it's not that uncommon.

On another subject: I read somewhere - I can't find it now and can't verify that it's true - that the new Magellan 700 units ship with USB and power cords. Would Magellan be willing to provide these for the old units they sold without these accessories free of charge - if we called them? I think I might have a USB cable but definitely know power cord to update the firmware. I could use the laptop, but don't want to risk running out of juice while doing it...
Go to Top of Page

Rita

33 Posts

Posted - 14 oct. 2004 :  12:14:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
too early in the morning: know=no ...
Go to Top of Page

dvdude

46 Posts

Posted - 14 oct. 2004 :  15:50:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can probably pick one up at RadioShack or something, it's just a matter of the right connector and polarity. I think it mentions polarity in the manual but if you can't find it, I'll meter mine and get back to you. The USB cable comes standard with most Olympus digital cameras if that helps any. I'm sure there are other devices using the same connector (I think my Panasonic DV camcorder uses it too).

NJ, USA
Go to Top of Page

cgr6513

110 Posts

Posted - 14 oct. 2004 :  21:21:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
USB Cable from Radio Shack is their part number 26-176.
For power, you can get Radio Shack 273-1711 ($4.99) which is an adapter plug that will fit the RM along with 273-1776 ($17.99) which is the power supply.
Or, I do suggest calling Magellan - they may very well send you one for free if you complain loudly or you can buy theirs.
Go to Top of Page

Rita

33 Posts

Posted - 15 oct. 2004 :  03:20:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, if it's only $5 for the power cable it's not worth the hassle of calling. I think my Sony camera has the right kind of USB cable... haven't checked it yet though...
Go to Top of Page

dvdude

46 Posts

Posted - 15 oct. 2004 :  17:19:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You'll need the power supply as well.

NJ, USA
Go to Top of Page

Rita

33 Posts

Posted - 15 oct. 2004 :  18:56:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I didn't read the post carefully - I think I better call Magellan and see what they say about it...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,55 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05