Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2250

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Software
 "Off-Road" GPS Software
 VGA Screens under WM2003SE
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Kenundrum

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 30 sept. 2004 :  01:23:11  Show Profile  Visit Kenundrum's Homepage  Reply with Quote
VGA Compared:

SE_VGA -- Default_Forced -- Default

click to enlarge

SE_VGA: true vga
Default_Forced: default WM2003SE with Tweaks2k VGA trick
Default: WM2003SE

With all the hubub in the mapopolis forums about bugs with WM2003SE and VGA screens, i thought it would be smart to start a thread about raster software and how it reacts with the newer devices. I got an HP Ipaq hx4700 today and i am pleased to announce that Memory-Map 4.2.4 seems to work flawlessly in the high resolution. even in landscape mode, everything renders fine. There is a warning that comes up when you install saying that the program may not work properly because it was designed for the older version of windows mobile, which pretty much means that the program will run full screen, with pixel doubling. so you're not actually getting a better quality map display from the higher res screen. at least not yet. however the landscape mode is an interesting new way to use it... unfortunately since it is using pixel doubling, the dialogs still take up some real estate on the screen.
I'm going to see about a demo of outdoor navigator and some other popular packages to see how they behave.
Does anyone else have any experience with other programs or other devices yet?

HP Ipaq hx4700 WM2003SE
Fortuna Clip-on BT GPS

Ads

gpspassion

93969 Posts

Posted - 30 sept. 2004 :  01:53:51  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good idea !
OziCE behaves similarly to what you describe, my E800 can be switched to real VGA with SE_Vga.exe does this work on the 4700 too? You might want to try the new Outdoor Navigator v2 - there's a trial version.

RonenB

Israel
51 Posts

Posted - 16 oct. 2004 :  19:37:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see a great improvment using OZI on the 4700. The maps is way more readable and colorfull.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93969 Posts

Posted - 16 oct. 2004 :  20:21:29  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In standard WM2003SE or with SE_VGA? I had used Resfix (same result as SE_VGA) for my "hi-res gps" article if you want to compare.
Go to Top of Page

RonenB

Israel
51 Posts

Posted - 16 oct. 2004 :  22:34:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In standard. SE_VGA fails to work on my 4700 due to the Hebrew installation. I will try the file you offer. Where can I get it?
Go to Top of Page

Kenundrum

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 16 oct. 2004 :  22:38:11  Show Profile  Visit Kenundrum's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use a combination of the SE_VGA utility and Tweaks2k2 .net written by someone on the ipaqhq forums... tweaks2k2 allows you to apply the hi_res hack onto just a single program while keeping everything else at normal vga- it helps, but not as much as the whole os being true vga... maybe you want to see if tweaks will help? theres a trial where you can use it for 3 times to see which tweaks work and such and then it disables itself until you enter a license key...

HP Ipaq hx4700 WM2003SE
Fortuna Clip-on BT GPS
Go to Top of Page

RonenB

Israel
51 Posts

Posted - 16 oct. 2004 :  22:44:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I already finished my trial but forgot to check that. I wrote te developer and waiting for a key.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93969 Posts

Posted - 16 oct. 2004 :  22:50:35  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well the tweak has the advantage of keeping the size of the bars in the top and the bottom. RonenB are you saying that OzieCE is VGA optimized for WM200SE in standard mode? I need to give it another try then!

RonenB

Israel
51 Posts

Posted - 16 oct. 2004 :  23:18:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, I don't know. That is why I need the solution for running my 4700 in VGA to see. I also emailed the developer of OZI about that.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93969 Posts

Posted - 17 oct. 2004 :  01:00:46  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ah ok, I was asking because you mentioned "great improvement", I thought you were refering to VGA - here's the E800 article by the way - http://www.gpspassion.com/fr/articles.asp?id=76

RonenB

Israel
51 Posts

Posted - 17 oct. 2004 :  20:21:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got the impression that it is for the Toshiba only. I'll wait for the guys from Tweaks2K2 to get back to me.
Go to Top of Page

Kenundrum

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 18 oct. 2004 :  19:00:48  Show Profile  Visit Kenundrum's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the person who wrote tweaks2k2 owns an hx4700 and is frequently on the ipaqhq forums. it works on my ipaq fine... there are obviously some tweaks in that program that only work on some devices, but at least 90% work on all.

HP Ipaq hx4700 WM2003SE
Fortuna Clip-on BT GPS
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93969 Posts

Posted - 18 oct. 2004 :  20:46:57  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tried tweaks2k2 on my E800 and it works fine too, I was able to get OziCE to run in true VGA in portrait mode, not landscape where the grahics get jumbled up. What's nice compared with SE_VGA is that the navigation bars remain legible.

RonenB

Israel
51 Posts

Posted - 18 oct. 2004 :  23:57:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm still waiting for their reply.
Go to Top of Page

RonenB

Israel
51 Posts

Posted - 20 oct. 2004 :  06:31:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got it and it really works great with Ozi. You can see much more map now. I will post some screenshots later.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93969 Posts

Posted - 21 oct. 2004 :  14:31:21  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great, just curious though, what were you seeing previoulsy with default WM2003SE ?

Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05