Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2265

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - General
 GPS and Mobile News
 GpsPasSion Live - www.NaviBlog.com [ENG]
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 23 sept. 2004 :  01:26:54  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
www.NaviBlog.com on the portal

The GpsPasSion Picture Blog aims to share regularly the small events that occur around GpsPasSion, arrival of new hardware, of new software, etc… Comments and questions are welcome here.

Click on the picture to go the full picture steam on Flickr

Ads

dhpss

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 26 sept. 2004 :  14:00:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What the new Fortuna Clipon brings beside the smaller size?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 26 sept. 2004 :  15:01:11  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
er...that was at CeBIT my friend ;-)
Actually the SlimGPS has apparently been dropped from Fortuna's plans for now, it was a single mode slim version of the ClipOn and didn't seem to suffer from the same sensitivity issues that come with the dual mode.

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2004 :  02:37:18  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excuse my ignorance, as I have no experience with PDA's. But is there a benefit in viewing navigation program in landscape mode? I would think that in portrait mode you would benefit by being able to see further ahead (rather then just seeing more of what is on the left or right of you).

---
Regards,
Marvin Hlavac
Toronto, Canada
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2004 :  11:37:31  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well it does look a bit more "natural" (TV, Theater, computer like), but yes you don't see as far ahead ;-)

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2004 :  12:15:18  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What do you personally prefer? H or V?

---
Regards,
Marvin Hlavac
Toronto, Canada
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2004 :  15:37:43  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I find landscape to be more "pleasant", and haven't found that the loss of forward looking real estate is a problem, on the TomTom GO for instance.

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 30 oct. 2004 :  17:32:09  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hehe ;-) nice picture! Here where I live if you drive so much over the speed limit you risk $1,248 and a 30 day driver license suspension ;-) And we don't even have 130 km/h speed limits. We only have 100 km/h on highways, so if you drive 258 km/h you could pay even more if a police car catches up with you ;-)

---
Regards,
Marvin Hlavac
Toronto, Canada
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 30 oct. 2004 :  20:27:21  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Right...same thing in France, you did catch that TGV redeference, right? That's the super fast train that speeds around France and a bit of Europe ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 31 oct. 2004 :  02:36:33  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LOL, I had no idea what the abbreviation TGV meant. I will not be sending the police after you then ;-)

---
Regards,
Marvin Hlavac
Toronto, Canada
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 01 nov. 2004 :  09:51:40  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Another nice picture, but you could have at least waited a bit for TomTom GO to show the road on the screen properly ;-) By the way, I suspect TT is considerably better at route generating in Europe then here in my neighborhood (?).

---
Regards,
Marvin Hlavac
Toronto, Canada
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 10 nov. 2004 :  00:44:32  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"A slightly brighter screen for the 510, but the high level zoom requires more than a quick glance, unlike on the GO."

Doesn't 510 let you zoom in any closer?

---
Regards,
Marvin Hlavac
Toronto, Canada
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 30 déc. 2004 :  02:07:43  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okay, nice picture of the French GpsPasSion Team members. But where are the names??? ;-) Are we to guess? ;-)

Are you on the picture are behind the camera? ;-)

Marvin Hlavac - Toronto, Canada
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 30 déc. 2004 :  14:14:40  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Behind the camera ;-)

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 23 juin 2005 :  03:38:56  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Gpspassion is receiving a traffic ticket for driving while his view was obstructed with 12 GPS devices attached to the windshield

Marvin Hlavac - Toronto, Canada
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 23 juin 2005 :  03:44:40  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hehe, I'm actually fairly concerned this might happen to me one of these days :-(

Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05