Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1951

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Advanced Topics
 GPS Dataloggers and Geocoding
 PocketPC / GPS tracking - FindU/Reperion
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

oxcarz

44 Posts

Posted - 22 sept. 2004 :  01:23:30  Show Profile  Visit oxcarz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For those of you who were kind enough to try my pocket pc + GPS tracking application, and couldn't get it to work, please try again. There were some issues when running the software with non-US regional settings that have been addressed. (Why cant we all just speak American English? ....kidding....put the rock down)

the .cab files and instructions are at:

http://jprestonsystems.2mydns.com

You need a pocket PC running windows mobile 2003, a GPS receiver, and an internet connection. I use Tmobile GSM/GPRS when mobile, but any connection will do to test it. If it works, please use it. It's free.

Oxcarz

Ads

gpspassion

93785 Posts

Posted - 22 sept. 2004 :  01:27:07  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
New thread, eh? ok ;-) Here's the previous one for reference.

oxcarz

44 Posts

Posted - 04 nov. 2004 :  02:21:41  Show Profile  Visit oxcarz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After LOTS of testing and LOTS of help from the many folks in Europe using the program, I can report that the latest version, 1.16, is getting good reviews and is quite stable. Although I am sure I will jynx it by saying this, it should work for any regional setting/language. There were also some issues with SDIO GPS recievers and compatibility with gpsGate that we ironed out in the serial port routines.

Some additions to the tracking server too. You can now auto-follow a target, navigate around the map by clicking on it, and the tracking breadcrumbs use a gradient color to help visualize the targets path.

It is free and can be downloaded at http://jprestonsystems.2mydns.com
or search for "FindMe" on Handango.

Go to Top of Page

DocteurN

France
9591 Posts

Posted - 04 nov. 2004 :  18:05:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First of all, sorry for my poor English...

I try to make function your software but in fact, I have a problem.
Impossible to make recognize my GPS position in FindYou.
The latitude, longitude and altitude remain to 0.
I tested with a Bluetooth GPS, a CF GPS (the 2 are easily recognized
by CE Monitor right before launching FindYou)

But no problem to send informations on the server (on http://jprestonsystems.2mydns.com/

Here is a screenshot :

Both GPS use NMEA data output.
But one is using 9600 for Baudrate and the other one 38400 : is that
the reason of the problem ?

Of course, if I try to view my track on the server, I have an error because there is no data for latitude and longitude...

Thank you in advance for your assistance

Team GpsPasSion
iPAQ 2210 (v1.1) + SD Dane-Elec 128 Mo / GPS CF Fortuna PocketXTrack
Débutant(e) ? Où commencer ?, les articles et n'oubliez pas la Charte
"L'Entraide Est Notre Force A Tous !"
Go to Top of Page

oxcarz

44 Posts

Posted - 04 nov. 2004 :  21:06:55  Show Profile  Visit oxcarz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The baudrate is fixed at 4800. Are you able to change the baudrates of the GPS receivers? If not, I can add an option to select the baud rate.

Ox
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93785 Posts

Posted - 04 nov. 2004 :  21:28:33  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes that would come in handy.
Great news on my side, works a charm on my XDAII with a BT GPS and over GPRS, I must say I'm quite impressed by the whole setup especially after spending hours trying to get it to work a couple of months ago ;-)
Map retrieval on the PDA works well (off-board GPS anyone!) and so does the PC/PDA display, great stuff! Any chance you could come up with a Windows Smartphone version?

One thing though, the password doen't seem to work, at least I never get prompted for it.

oxcarz

44 Posts

Posted - 04 nov. 2004 :  22:41:52  Show Profile  Visit oxcarz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yay! So glad you got it working. Sorry about those wasted hours a couple months ago. I am working on a commercial version for a French company using a Qtek 2020, but it's more of a messaging/ data aquisition application, athough they want to integrate GPS as well. But I will learn more about smartphones than I ever wanted to know after this project, and it should be easy to adapt this program.

Oh.. still no passwords needed for the test server (jprestonsystems). Other than the account name you choose, there is no other security, so if you use the software, dont give the account name to anyone who hates you.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93785 Posts

Posted - 04 nov. 2004 :  22:57:36  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
French company, eh ?! Small world ;-)
I was going to suggest some messaging features in fact. Any issues with me putting a news item on the FRA and ENG portals about FindYou? I'm sure you can get some good feedback from bot sides of the pond...and more!
Actually by Smartphone I mean REAL Smartphone (QTEK 8080 or Motoroal MX220), not PocketPC Phones like the QTEK 2020 that I'm actually testing with currently.

oxcarz

44 Posts

Posted - 04 nov. 2004 :  23:19:20  Show Profile  Visit oxcarz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ahh.. a REAL smartphone. By the time I get my hands on one and port this application, I think that GPS location services will be a part of almost all the new cellphones, and I think (hope) it will be cheap...like 2-4$ per month added to my cellphone bill. PocketPC are just not the best solution for tracking. Wives, employees, not-ppc people just have a hard time using them and setting them up.

The standalone hardware, like Sanav, or the future cellphones will be the best solutions. I expect that in the next 2-3 years GPS location services and GPS enabled messaging applications will be easy to use, cheap, and very popular. Microsoft is making a big effort with their MapPoint Location and web services to address this future market. We will look back to this time in a few years a laugh at how backward we were.

No problem at all if you want to spread the word about this software..the more folks using it the faster I find the bugs.

Ox
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93785 Posts

Posted - 04 nov. 2004 :  23:49:50  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, I'll start thinking about a write-up. I'll create a thread in the FRA forums so I hope your French is up to par ;-) j/k...

As to the future...you could well be right, but we'll see when we get there ;-)

DocteurN

France
9591 Posts

Posted - 05 nov. 2004 :  23:23:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a suggestion :
What about grouping all the Setup options in a single window to not be obliged to force the 'Setup' menu to choose each option one by one ?
I think it could make the configuration easier... ?

Team GpsPasSion
Go to Top of Page

oxcarz

44 Posts

Posted - 06 nov. 2004 :  01:23:26  Show Profile  Visit oxcarz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like that idea.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93785 Posts

Posted - 06 nov. 2004 :  01:44:55  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tried some tracking today from a PC, and I wasn't able to set the refresh rate to 10 seconds as that would set the tracking zoom to "?" at the same time. Am I doing something wrong?

Do you reckon you cover the whole "earth" here with the linked map databases or are there some "blank" spots?

Any chance we could get some basic two-way messenging? ;-)

oxcarz

44 Posts

Posted - 06 nov. 2004 :  02:37:45  Show Profile  Visit oxcarz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You werent doing anything wrong. 30 seconds is the fastest refresh rate. It is set to match the reporting rate of the PDA, and also so it wont overload the server.

The map coverage has plenty of blank spots. Coverage is good for Europe, North America, and the big cities of SOuth America.

Yes on the 2-way messaging. There will be a text field on the tracking server for a small message. When you send it, the pocketPC will display it in a message box. The message box will pop-up and alert even if the program is minimized. The PDA user clicks OK or CANCEL. OK indicates they will reply when able, CANCEL means they received the message but will not reply.

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93785 Posts

Posted - 06 nov. 2004 :  11:57:09  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, thanks, 30 seconds is fine of course, you might just want to specify the range on the server so people like me don't try silly settings ;-)
Sounds great on two way messenging.
We're working on some news snippets and a thread in French, you might see some "load" on your server next week ;-)

DocteurN

France
9591 Posts

Posted - 07 nov. 2004 :  11:35:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great the idea of two way messenging

I've got a proble when I lost GPRS connexion.
FindYou blocks the PocketPC and I'm not able to do anything until connexion is back (Start menu for example is unreachable).
And if the connexion didn't get back => soft reset

I am the only one to have this problem ?

Team GpsPasSion
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,8 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05