Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2791

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Magellan Roadmate and Maestro AIOs
 Magellan 9055-LM stuck on USB screen
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fskelley

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02 févr. 2015 :  15:27:05  Show Profile  Visit fskelley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I saw another thread here about similar problems on a model 1700, but this is different enough to need a new topic.

I purchased a 9055-LM 7" GPS used for $50 about a month ago. It was working fine. I updated maps, great. Set everything the way I wanted. Worked for about a week, all was good. Then one day the display went to the USB connection screen and stuck that way. Was too late to return to seller, I'd already given good feedback and all that, darn it. (I should have done Squaretrade warranty, won't make that mistake again if I replace it.) Content Manager ("CM") still connects to it fine. The reset switch (the pinhole) wasn't doing anything, and when I looked inside I saw it was broken. So I removed it and tried manually shorting the red and black reset wires- that did nothing. I reformatted the "MAGELLAN" drive while connected, and reloaded the map. CM still happily connects with it and shows me my addresses and everything. But the unit still won't run. I'd been considering putting a new battery in it (why would that help?), but I don't want to waste more $$ if that won't work. Also considering buying another used unit for $70ish, probably a different 7" model- I need the A/V input for my cheapo backup camera. Any hope for salvaging this unit?

OR- is there an alternative to these 7" Magellan units for A/V input for my backup camera? I like my old TomTom, and it seems bulletproof compared to this finicky Magellan.

Stan in Orlando

Edited by - fskelley on 02 févr. 2015 15:34:05

Ads

fskelley

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2015 :  14:46:18  Show Profile  Visit fskelley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did put a brand new battery in it- made absolutely no difference. Returned new battery to seller. Anybody have similar experience with a Magellan of any model? Did it ever fix itself? Trash?

Stan in Orlando
Go to Top of Page

fskelley

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04 mars 2015 :  01:48:25  Show Profile  Visit fskelley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK- I got another used 9055-LM in working condition, WITH SQUARETRADE WARRANTY this time. Let's call it 9055#2. First thing before any updating I copied the entire "Magellan E:" drive to a backup folder. I did software and map updates, and backed up again, all is good with 9055#2. I still haven't driven with it, but I expect it to be just fine.

Then I took broken 9055#1 and deleted all its files, and copied files from 9055#2 backup. That made it wake up. Since 9055#2 started with an older software version, now Content Manager proceeded to install latest software and maps on 9055#1. And now it looks like it's running again. So for now I have 2 working 9055's. Eventually I may resell #1, but nice to have a backup. And now I know how to get around the stuck screen problem.

Stan in Orlando
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05