Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2797

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 Map Scale While Routing
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jim1348

USA
551 Posts

Posted - 30 mai 2012 :  04:29:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess I don't know exactly the correct terminology for this, but here goes. My old Garmin Street Pilot 2730 could display the map at the 120 feet selection while routing. My Nuvi will display 120 feet, but it will switch to 200 feet while routing. Is this the same on all current Nuvis? I would actually like to be able to select 120 feet while routing. Is that possible on any of our devices now?

Ads

alandb

USA
619 Posts

Posted - 30 mai 2012 :  05:25:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you are referring to "auto zoom" where the nuvi automatically zooms in and out based on your speed and the upcoming turns in your route. On some of the older nuvi's you could disable auto zoom and lock in the zoom level to whatever you wanted. I am not sure if any of the newer nuvi's have this feature.

Alan - nuvi's - 3597LMTHD 855 755T, Oregon 550, Lowrance Endura Sierra
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7889 Posts

Posted - 30 mai 2012 :  05:34:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think what your seeing on the Nuvi is Garmin's autozoom feature. On some of the newer model Nuvi's (my 3790 for example) it's possible to turn off autozoom by selecting a "Locale" as Australia or some European countries. You need to set the Locale during initial setup of the Nuvi or on the first reboot after a hard reset. Seleting a country locale like Australia doesn't really affect any major operation of the Nuvi but you'll need to change a few settings to "Americanize" it. Things like the default speed indicator will be in KM and you need to change that to Miles for example.

Anyhow, after you have got the locale changed you can then go into Tools - Settings - Navigation - Automotive - Auto Zoom and change the setting to Disabled and save it.

Once autozoom is turned off, when you view the map screen in 2D mode it will default to 0.2 miles and using the + icon you can zoom into 120 Ft. The Nuvi will then stay at that zoom level UNTIL you turn it off. Each time you start the Nuvi up you'll need to reset the default zoom level to 120Ft.

I think higher end models like the Montana allow you to simply turn off autozoom or set your default zoom level but AFAIK none of the Nuvi's have that feature, the best we have is the process I've described. I don't remember owning any older Nuvi model where you could turn off auto zoom but my memory isn't what it used to be.

Rick James - Nuvi Forum Moderator
Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) - DriveLuxe 50LMTHD also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<
2016 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 6 CYL AWD

Edited by - NanaimoRick on 30 mai 2012 05:40:49
Go to Top of Page

Jim1348

USA
551 Posts

Posted - 30 mai 2012 :  05:35:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the reply. It is great to know that there is a work around for that!

Edited by - Jim1348 on 30 mai 2012 05:36:19
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05