Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2266

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 2495 or 2595lmt power cord length?
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ru1thirst

8 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2012 :  04:28:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can somebody tell me the length of the 12v car power cord that comes with unit? Trying to see if it will run to my drivers side vent.

Ads

macleadv

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 10 mai 2012 :  01:46:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My measurement is between 58 and 60 inches depending upon the actual points to measure from and to.
Go to Top of Page

danham

USA
7442 Posts

Posted - 10 mai 2012 :  02:18:06  Show Profile  Visit danham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If it's a challenge to make the run from the 12v socket, why not make a potentially neater installation by grabbing 12 volts somewhere more handy and putting in a new socket? If you dont' want to make a new hole for it, just buy a universal female 12v socket with bare wires and hide that inside the dash trim with your Garmin cord plugged in to it.

-dan

- Nüvi forum moderator -
Nüvi 760 in a '14 VW GTI & zumo 660 on a BMW F800 ST
Guide to working with pre-programmed routes: >> details <<
Language Guide / US Topo / 350 & 680 / MacBook & Intel iMac with OS X & Win XP / BaseCamp / Cape Cod, MA
Go to Top of Page

ZX14NINJA

Canada
1010 Posts

Posted - 11 mai 2012 :  00:48:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have done exactly that in 2 installs, in two of my vehicles, taking power from under the dash and adding a female lighter plug receptacle to it. The units got installed at the drivers side, sitting right above the dash - left of the steering wheel. I then ran the cord down between the A-pillar and the dash, where it got neatly tucked away and is invisible. All you see is the 3590 mounted with the traffic receiver sitting next to it...then the wire disappearing down through the crack. In each vehicle, I connected power to the vehicle's switched power so the unit goes on/off with the key. I never even had to remove a rocker panel cover to do it; just pushed everything into the cracks neatly, soldered the wires underneath the dash - and they look perfect, as if installed at the factory. I just don't like having wires hanging across my mirror or dash. Note that if you do this, you MUST use some good strong tape to make sure that the male and female plugs don't separate. It's a pain if you have to go back in to fix something as stupid as that - LOL.
Go to Top of Page

danham

USA
7442 Posts

Posted - 11 mai 2012 :  00:53:17  Show Profile  Visit danham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Steve: especially (as you know) on a motorcycle [g]. When I was running a nuvi 760 on my BMW, that connection failed twice, even with some tape on it. It vibrated just loose enough to arc a bit and that crudded up the contacts enough to cut the power.

-dan

- Nüvi forum moderator -
Nüvi 760 in a '14 VW GTI & zumo 660 on a BMW F800 ST
Guide to working with pre-programmed routes: >> details <<
Language Guide / US Topo / 350 & 680 / MacBook & Intel iMac with OS X & Win XP / BaseCamp / Cape Cod, MA
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05