Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2250

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Handheld Portable GPS Receivers
 Etrex 20 memory full message
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sussamb

United Kingdom
872 Posts

Posted - 01 mai 2012 :  20:13:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today my Etrex 20, which has performed flawlessly since I bought it 7 months ago, broke

I started getting a 'memory full' error and then it stopped working completely. I can't even do a hard reset, it refuses to budge from the 'Garmin Logo' screen. I've managed to get it into mass storage mode (press and hold the click stick up arrow while connecting it to the PC), removed all the files and reloaded with all my original back up files, still nothing.

Switching it on gets the Garmin Logo screen for about 10 seconds then it powers down. Connecting it to the PC gets the same response.

Just spoken to the vendor who will exchange it for me in a few days time, first chance I have to visit, but if anyone has any bright ideas I'd appreciate it. I suspect there's an error in internal memory somewhere so it's probably a 'no hoper', however I've used a rgn cure to fix a nuvi before, anyone know if the procedure is the same for an Etrex 20??

Ads

gpspassion

93969 Posts

Posted - 01 mai 2012 :  20:19:14  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear that, yes it sounds like some kind of hardware fault, can't think of anything else to try. Good to know you'll get a brand new one soon!

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

frder

Italy
46 Posts

Posted - 02 mai 2012 :  00:36:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
eTrex 20/30 software version 2.73 Beta as of April 9, 2012

Changes made from version 2.71 to 2.73:

Improved ability to clear unit settings on power up: now only requires menu key and enter key to be held when powering the unit on

Improved size of roads drawn on map in 'automotive mode' orientation

Fixed issue that was causing some devices to display a 'memory full' message followed by bad device behavior

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/downloadsUpdates.jsp?product=010-00970-10&cID=145&pID=87771

francesco
Go to Top of Page

sussamb

United Kingdom
872 Posts

Posted - 02 mai 2012 :  07:47:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, thanks, aware of that ... but I never install betas ... guess I should have done on this occasion!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05