Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2299

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 Nuvi 760 Problem
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ceasarjr8o8

4 Posts

Posted - 26 avr. 2012 :  21:08:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure what happened with my nuvi 760. I did a map update for the north america 2012, when it was done installing the new map into my gps, I may have forgoten to unmount/safely remove the usb. But when I tried the gps it was working fine, checked the map info and it was the new map. But when I turned off my gps and turned it back on, it's now frozen on the garmin screen with a little split screen that has "you power on your unit?". I have a picture of the screen but I don't know how to add the image to this.
I tried connecting it back up to my computer but it no longer connects with my pc. I tried turning it on, while holding the bottom right corner, nothing happens. I tried putting the gps on lock and holding down the center of the screen and plug-in the usb, computer doesn't get anything, but the gps goes to the calibration screen mode. When I get done and hit the calibration complete, it does nothing. Can anyone help me!

Ads

Animal

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 26 avr. 2012 :  22:35:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like it's files got corrupted. Go read the thread about "entering PRE-BOOT mode". Or you can simply Open the unit, remove the battery and leave unpowered for 5 minutes... the reconnect battery and close the case and try again!

Street Pilot c330 + SD card, Nuvi 3760LMT
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7737 Posts

Posted - 27 avr. 2012 :  00:14:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really isn't all the easy to open most Nuvi models, other than the ones where the battery is suppose to be removed, which the 760 is not.

@ceasarjr8o8 - if you want to post a picture, here are the instructions - 8http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12223

One other thought, have you attached the Nuvi to the car adapter and attempt to boot it up that way. I've been able to get my 760 running that way in the past.

Rick James - Nuvi Forum Moderator
Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<
2014 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD

Go to Top of Page

ceasarjr8o8

4 Posts

Posted - 28 avr. 2012 :  09:59:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Animal

Sounds like it's files got corrupted. Go read the thread about "entering PRE-BOOT mode". Or you can simply Open the unit, remove the battery and leave unpowered for 5 minutes... the reconnect battery and close the case and try again!

I cant get my gps to go in pre-boot mode. I pulled the battery and left it out for a couple of hours and still frozen on that split screen. Sorry I haven't got the chnce to upload a picture of how it looks but ill try and get it up asap.
Go to Top of Page

lolypop000

Slovenia
176 Posts

Posted - 01 mai 2012 :  17:02:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For preboot mode you must first install garmin USB drivers:

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=591

Then you must use updater.exe (not webupdater) and you need FW in rgn format.
Go to Top of Page

ceasarjr8o8

4 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2012 :  22:49:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Sorry it took awhile, this is what my nuvi 760 is stuck on.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05