Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2216

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Handheld Portable GPS Receivers
 re magellan explorist 510
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

phillbrett68

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - 18 avr. 2012 :  10:46:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi i am fairly new to this gps stuff and i am looking at buying the magellan explorist 510 and have a couple of questions that i hope the forum can provide answers for me
q1 can i upload digital raster maps that i purchased from a shop to this gps at all and how difficult is that to do
q2 would this be a suitable gps for bush walking only rarely would it be used in a car let me know i am in brisbane queensland australia so looking at the bush around south east queensland or would i be better with another gps and i hope someone can help me out thanks

Ads

DykPaganel

Ukraine
7 Posts

Posted - 26 avr. 2012 :  15:19:00  Show Profile  Visit DykPaganel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure you can buy ready-made raster maps for your bush. Maps for your eXplorist you can do from any paper map with the aid of the scanner, and two programs - GlobalMapper and RMP Creator.
Maps and space photos, which is on the Internet, you can download and convert to RMP program Mobile Atlas Creator - http://mobac.sourceforge.net/
If you do not succeed, I'll help you.

By the way. In Brisbane, lives a great expert on raster maps, and author of the excellent navigation program OziExplorer - Des Newman.
Go to Top of Page

Boyd

USA
1721 Posts

Posted - 27 avr. 2012 :  15:18:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DykPaganel

By the way. In Brisbane, lives a great expert on raster maps, and author of the excellent navigation program OziExplorer - Des Newman.

OziExplorer is great, I run it on a Windows tablet and have used OziExplorer CE on a variety of Windows CE based PND's. In fact, it runs very well on my Magellan Triton 1500. I suspect you could also run it onthe Explorist 510.
Go to Top of Page

DykPaganel

Ukraine
7 Posts

Posted - 28 avr. 2012 :  10:56:06  Show Profile  Visit DykPaganel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I prefer to use non-touch screen navigators. But I do RMP maps of the maps for OziExplorer.
Go to Top of Page

mantracker

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 02 juil. 2012 :  21:32:42  Show Profile  Visit mantracker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phillbrett68

hi i am fairly new to this gps stuff and i am looking at buying the magellan explorist 510 and have a couple of questions that i hope the forum can provide answers for me
q1 can i upload digital raster maps that i purchased from a shop to this gps at all and how difficult is that to do
q2 would this be a suitable gps for bush walking only rarely would it be used in a car let me know i am in brisbane queensland australia so looking at the bush around south east queensland or would i be better with another gps and i hope someone can help me out thanks

Phil, Just found out that the Jungle Ghost (he is a dealer) is offering Explorist 510 and 610 units with choice of Europe or Australia/New Zealand Summit and City car navigation maps included.

I just picked up the offerings on eBay.

Just in case, you are interested.

MT

SAS Wizard
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05