Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2207

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Magellan Roadmate and Maestro AIOs
 map update failed, now cannot start
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

canam

1 Posts

Posted - 17 avr. 2012 :  03:18:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I bought a new 2145T-LM and with content manager attempted to update maps. It failed at 80% done and will not start up now.. constant spinning clock. When I tried to re update the maps with content manager it does not allow that since it thinks the unit is up to date with 43.08.
Is there away to force a re update of maps?
(perhaps a file in the unit that can be deleted etc. to force this?)

Thanks.

Ads

elvisfan

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 17 avr. 2012 :  15:08:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a new unit and it failed during update. Return it.

Magellan Roadmate 1470 - Magellan Roadmate 5045LM - TomTom XL335
Go to Top of Page

ocean

6 Posts

Posted - 18 avr. 2012 :  00:25:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had the same problem with a Roadmate 3045 in trying to go to v45 map. Talked to their tech service and the lady walked me thru a series of steps that she thought would get rid of the map version in the content manager and enable me to complete the update, It did'nt work. Since my 3045 is ~ 2.5 years old they said they'd send me a refurbished unit with life time maps at no charge.
Go to Top of Page

Webfoot

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2013 :  18:25:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a somewhat dated thread but thought I'd add that some things never change.

This past week I checked for updates and saw there was one for CM and receiver OS. Took two attempts before the CM app got updated. Then on the the receiver update. Hung up at 90%, timed out and asked if I wasn't to try again. Responded yes but damage already done, receiver wouldn't boot. When plugged into the computer the computer acknowledged the receiver was connected but beyond that, nothing.

Thought it might be a simple Q&A on what I needed to do and as the receiver was out of warranty was suspecting there to be a fee to fix. First tried tech support by e-mail. BAD decision. After their third response asking same questions (some of which the requested info was given on my initial request)and offering same suggestions as in the initial response, I gave up on them.

Found the phone number and called. After talking to the rep for a couple mins he agreed with my assessment on OS corrupted. To my surprise he offered to replace my unit with another with latest updates. Nice surprise. Had to x-fer me to another dept to complete the exchange. Was on hold for close to 20 min before someone came on the line. Communications didn't go as well with this person but we got through it. Now, been 4 days and when checking on status of my order, at least on line, there has been no change since the order details were completed. Is it just there notification system not being kept up to date or is it accurate and replacement has not been shipped? Like the receiver but not so much the customer support.
Go to Top of Page

elvisfan

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2013 :  18:48:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am also getting a new refurbished unit. I clicked on the order number. It shows actual ship date of the 7th. We will see. I had a different problem.

Go to Top of Page

Webfoot

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 14 févr. 2013 :  18:15:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine showed up yesterday, a day early. Was surprise to find they shipped out a complete set-up, receiver, traffic power cord & a windshield mount. Instructions said to only return the old receiver so that's what I did.

Sent an e-mail to Magellan reporting the return shipment and included a copy of the UPS shipping order. Received a reply this morning acknowledging the e-mail and said they were able to confirm shipment was in transit and have made notation of shipment and giving the OK to return my deposit upon receipt.

Looks like a bad story had a good ending.

Nuvi 265W
Magellan 2035
Delorme Earthmate
Go to Top of Page

elvisfan

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 15 févr. 2013 :  00:29:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received my refurb 2136 today. They sent me a new one because they said the pop up showing up behind the speed limit was a defect. This one does the same thing.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05