Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2243

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 Traffic goes away after a few days
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

doncaruana

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 17 avr. 2012 :  00:13:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got a Nuvi 205W and I bought a GTM25 traffic receiver for it a while back. For the first month or so, it worked great. Then one day the traffic icon and all functions just disappeared. I went back and forth with Garmin support and they had me go to special screens and reset and a number of things, all of which worked temporarily. Then I figured out if I unplugged it, even overnight, the traffic would continue to work.

The weird part is that I expected ads and never got any.

Has anyone seen this issue or have any suggestions on what to do to get it so that traffic continues to work?

Ads

Poolveteran

Canada
50 Posts

Posted - 17 avr. 2012 :  19:40:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it possible that you didn't have it plugged in all the way that one time?Thus it would have run on the battery and the cord wouldn't have worked.The traffic receiver should always work if its plugged in and you are in an area that has coverage.The ads are usually only on for a few seconds when you first turn it on if I am not mistaken.

-Nuvi 755T -Nuvi 250W
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7716 Posts

Posted - 17 avr. 2012 :  20:00:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I recall correctly a separately purchased traffic receiver may not come with the ads at all. I think it maybe just the ones that are bundled with the Nuvi.

Rick James - Nuvi Forum Moderator
Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<
2014 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD

Go to Top of Page

Dewi

623 Posts

Posted - 17 avr. 2012 :  20:30:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am having the same problem as doncaruana with my 3790T/GTM35, where the traffic won't work. This has been since the last firmware update several weeks ago. My GTM Table will be completely blank and the GTM Status will not indicate any scanning happening at all, even after resetting the GTM Table. I have tried reinstallation of the firmware, hard resets, reinstallation of the traffic providers list (v2.70), unplugging/replugging-in of the cable, etc. As doncaruana experienced, I also did temporarily get the traffic back (don't know exactly how), but the next time it was plugged in the GTM Table was again blank and I was back to square one. I cannot seem to replicate whatever was the temporary remedy. The cable is always fully plugged in and recognized and I am in an area where the traffic signal is strong (as witnessed on my 265WT/GTM25). I've got to the point where I've spent way too much time trying to figure it out and can't trust the 3790T not to put me into deep traffic (as it has a few times already ). I've gone back to my 265WT which doesn't have this issue and am using the 3790T as a paperweight, at least until the next firmware comes along. I wasn't smart enough (or was too trusting) to save the old GCD to revert to.
Go to Top of Page

Animal

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 26 avr. 2012 :  22:18:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you want old versions of firmware, go to this site - a lot of old GARMIN firmwares are mirrored there, arranged by Model and Firmware number:

http://gawisp.com/perry/nuvi/

Have you tried updating the TRAFFIC receiver's firmware? you'll need to use WEBUPDATER to do so (as i recall).

I have a 3760 and my traffic has been working fine - and I had updated the traffic receiver BEFORE I'd performed a firmware update (5.0) and Map update (2012.40) and all is still working.

Street Pilot c330 + SD card, Nuvi 3760LMT

Edited by - Animal on 26 avr. 2012 22:21:50
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7716 Posts

Posted - 27 avr. 2012 :  00:20:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is no firmware on http://gawisp.com/perry/nuvi/ for any model number higher than 900 and none newer than what was available in Jan. 2010.

Rick James - Nuvi Forum Moderator
Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<
2014 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD

Go to Top of Page

doncaruana

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 27 avr. 2012 :  05:06:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Upgraded all the firmware, including traffic receiver. Traffic held for maybe a week. Then the icon disappeared. When I went to settings, traffic was still there, but when I tried to go to it said to connect a traffic receiver (although it was plugged in). When I unplugged and plugged it back in, the traffic wasn't even in the settings anymore.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05