Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2791

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Magellan Roadmate and Maestro AIOs
 I need the RM1700 firmware update. Please
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Carpenter940

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 27 mars 2012 :  21:01:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Roadmate 1700 that just boots up to a screen that implies that I need to connect it to a computer. I figure it needs a firmware update. I downloaded content manager but I've been getting "server busy" for five days now and I cant update that way. Magellan CS says they can't provide me with a direct download of the update, so I come here asking if anyone can upload ANY version of the RM1700 update so I can continue using this GPS.

If you've ever done an update to your 1700 then it's possible that you still have the update files on your computer. type %temp% into your run box and it'll take you to your temp folder. In that folder you should see a folder named "content manager" in that folder should be the update files.

Another way I can get these is just copy your files (minus the maps) from your device, zip them and upload them.

Thank you.

Edited by - Carpenter940 on 01 avr. 2012 03:08:14

Ads

frankdmayo

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2012 :  02:08:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just bought a Magallen 1700MU and updated it...I also have an older Mag 1700. My computer will not pickup the older 1700 when its plugged in with the micro usb connector. I copied all the files from the new 1700 to my computer. The older unit has miopocket installed on a 4g micro sd card. it works using the micro sd card and when i select gps it boots up like any magallen 1700. My question is can I copy all the new 1700mu files to a sd card and will it or how can I re-write the files to the older 1700 so i operates like it did when it was new. Yes I'll share the files but I want to fix mine too. SO some help getting my older unit to copy the files would be a start :)
Go to Top of Page

CuznMark

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 31 mai 2012 :  02:17:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have it sitting at work.. I have 2 of these machines.. it updated at work fine.. at home it fails.. I don;t know why.. the newer got the map upgrade.. I saved the install also for it..

the firmware is about 70 meg.. I have no place to share it from. I may try to share it as a torrent. I believe they should put the firmware out there for everyone..

I think the maps should be 20 bux per year.. we already paid for the gps system with taxes.. the bastards..
Go to Top of Page

frankdmayo

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 05 juin 2012 :  05:47:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got it working fine now...So now I have two 1700 roadmate. and yes the new firmware works great on my older unit. The one thing I did notice was that the gps trip routeing was better in my older unit before the upgrade. The new one routes me to some weard routes and is missing some roads the older map version had... go figure... my mexico map still worked onmy older magellen after the upgrade I was glad of that too, I go there each year... crazy to do so but I've always been a bit crazy :)
Go to Top of Page

Carpenter940

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 07 juin 2012 :  22:10:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to hear... now, will it be possible for me to get the files?
Go to Top of Page

Carpenter940

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 12 sept. 2014 :  01:26:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I go the files.

Edited by - Carpenter940 on 04 oct. 2014 04:08:08
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05