Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2216

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 mio moov 360 AU dead just locks on pc-usb screen
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bazz

Australia
15 Posts

Posted - 06 mars 2012 :  10:26:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi all,
let me point out im a bit of a dummy, as i havent known all this stuff existed till a few days ago, so heres the scoop with my problem.

my mio moov 360 (AU version) has worked ok for 2 + 1/2 years and last week when i turned it on (i had used it the previous day and worked fine), it just went to the screen that comes up when you plug in a usb connection and stays on that indefinitely.

so, just to illustrate what happens, it boots thru the black cobia420.V1.00.0029 screen, then thru the orange "mio explore more" screen to a screen with a monitor-gps image and thats it, no further. i cannot access the gps from the pc (it does not identify as a drive anymore) and nor can i access it from mio desktop. i have tried several "solutions" found on this site from restarting 25 times, letting the battery go dead flat, etc etc, nothing has worked.

I thought the thread "emergency disk" would help, but despite being able to bring up the total commander split screen via the sd card, i have no joy in getting anywhere past that point. i either get a error screen saying i dont have the program, the program is already open or nothing is associated with the file. I am assuming in that i should be able to see all the contents of the flash drive in this windows explorer type screen, yet all i see inside this folder is /device.xml with zero bytes. i'm not sure if this means ive lost my flash drive contents or im just looking at the wrong thing.

so, i would be most grateful if someone can either advise how to restore the original software and/or bring it back to original (i assume ive lost my map upgrades which are kaput) or alternatively, show me how to put in some other software like mio pocket from a dead gps that i have now.

as ive pointed out, i do struggle with things at first (i'm 50 now), but im sure i can follow instructions ok if someone has a little time to be able to instruct me how.

any help would be much appreciated in either original or mod software (altho my first preference would be original so i can go away this weekend as its a long weekend here in south australia) but happy to just not throw it out if its able to be revived as im sure something like the flash drive or similar has crashed or ive lost some files (dunno how as i have never tried to mod it and it hasnt been plugged into a pc for maybe 18 months, just used in the car) but its died and if its still able to be revived with help from you guys who know much more than i do, i would be ever so grateful.

thankyou in advance from downunder south australia :)

Ads

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 17 mars 2012 :  17:35:58  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?FORUM_ID=37&TOPIC_ID=144202&whichpage=1#1021542
Go to Top of Page

kgm

108 Posts

Posted - 21 mars 2012 :  12:17:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bazz
so, i would be most grateful if someone can either advise how to restore the original software and/or bring it back to original (i assume ive lost my map upgrades which are kaput) or alternatively, show me how to put in some other software like mio pocket from a dead gps that i have now.

MioPocket is NOT a repair tool! But you can try to install MioPocket, because SD-card is recognized ( your Mio is not dead at all ).
Go to Top of Page

bazz

Australia
15 Posts

Posted - 21 mars 2012 :  14:38:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks guys.
ive tried the best usb cord i have as well as several others and even borrowed a couple, but the link to the other thread from jwoegerbauer that suggested a different usb cable didnt work for me but i didnt think it would :(
hey kgm, yes i think miopocket will be the next step when i get some time to be able to do so (just not enough time in the days..) and i used the wrong term being dead sorry. i figure its lost something in the ini files or perhaps the flash memory itself but its lost its ability to boot into the mio software for whatever reason. i havent the ability to work out how to fix/restore it, so while i can use the sd slot to boot and run from then miopocket should give me a working unit :) no idea where to find maps for it or what it even uses yet etc as i havent really looked the miopocket thread in any depth as yet (how many pages to go thru?).
Go to Top of Page

bazz

Australia
15 Posts

Posted - 23 mars 2012 :  11:46:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ahh, after a little reading, it all makes sense now i reckon as long as my maps are still in the GPS, i should be ok :) thanks guys, i'll report back after a little play on the weekend with miopocket (or lite if i can find a d/l). cheers
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05