Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2297

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 Space issue on nuvi 1390 LMT
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

coomie

1 Posts

Posted - 03 mars 2012 :  16:24:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Nuvi 1390 LMT with four extra voices on it from default. I tried to add a couple more but ran into the no space on the drive problem. Even when I delete all the non english voices and other files it was deemed safe to delete such has text, help, pictures and vehicle files, there still did not seem to be any reasonable space. Can anyone tell me how to access a micro SD card from the device and whether it can then be used to install and then access extra voices on the road. Thank you for any responses.

Ads

danham

USA
7442 Posts

Posted - 03 mars 2012 :  16:55:45  Show Profile  Visit danham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum.

How much space is left? Are there other large files stored on it, such as music or photos? When you deleted the files did you empty the trash before disconnecting (not always necessary, but if your setup requires it and you didn't do it, you did not gain any space yet).

You will not be able to access voices stored on the SD card, as far as I know. You could of course cut down on map coverage and put additional mapping on the card, but to do all that to make room for voices strikes me as not worth it.

-dan

- Nüvi forum moderator -
Nüvi 760 in a '14 VW GTI & zumo 660 on a BMW F800 ST
Guide to working with pre-programmed routes: >> details <<
Language Guide / US Topo / 350 & 680 / MacBook & Intel iMac with OS X & Win XP / BaseCamp / Cape Cod, MA
Go to Top of Page

sussamb

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 03 mars 2012 :  20:04:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm surprised that you can't add a few voices, they hardly take up any space. Are you sure you've deleted all that you can? There are also all the EULA files, and keyboard ones.
Go to Top of Page

Carbuff

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 04 mars 2012 :  01:35:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This seems to be a similar situation that I mentioned in this Topic:

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=144236#1021165

In contrast,

After the last software and map update, using an SD card, my own Garmin 1490 shows only 459 MB used and 1.31 GB free. I have all the voices still on the unit.

The maps on my SD card use 1.45 GB.

So, I think that the OP coomie should invest in an SD card to house the maps. That will free up lots of space.

The Carbuff
Nuvi 1490LMT w/EcoRoute HD
Quest 2
NJ, USA
Go to Top of Page

Captcaper

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 10 mars 2012 :  11:20:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As posted numours times here a SD card in these 1490 1390 units are the ticket. I have the entire us ca mexico on my sd card (no map in the unit)with the large JCV file in the gps to give a very good performing unit.

Presently owned Dezl 760LMT Montana 600 2460lmt 1490T SP2610 SP2720 GPSMAP 276C GPSMAP 60CS NorthStar 951XD in the boat since 1996.
Previous owned Garmin 48,76cs,210. Nuvi 880,1490T.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05