Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2264

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 Can't Download Lifetime Maps to Computer
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gluhwein

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 29 janv. 2012 :  01:56:00  Show Profile  Visit Gluhwein's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I apologize if this problem has been addressed previously but searches have not given me an answer:

I've been having a lot of trouble downloading my Lifteime Map upgrades for my Nuvi 775T and computer. I subscribe to both the North American and the European upgrades. After a week of trying I have succeeded in installing both upgrades only to the Nuvi itself (by using option 2 - the non-GLU program), but not to my PC. I use Base Camp and Mapsource on my computer to plan out my vacation stops then transfer them to my Nuvi. But those programs on my PC are both still running the outdated NA and European maps. Option 2 (Garmin Map Update application) does not allow me to download the map updates to my PC. When I use GLU instead and adjust settings to load only to my PC, I continually get error messages. Is this a common problem with a solution I'm simply missing?

Ads

NanaimoRick

Canada
7731 Posts

Posted - 29 janv. 2012 :  02:21:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When using option 2 you download only the updater program. Now when you run this program on your computer with the Nuvi attached to the PC one of the program's screens will have an INSTALL OPTIONS box in the lower left corner. Click this INSTALL OPTIONS box and one of the selectable options listed will be to install the update to your Nuvi and your computer and other option will be to install the update to your computer only. Either choice should but a copy of the map update on your computer and be seen by Mapsource. It should also be seen by Basecamp but even if the maps are not on your computer Basecamp would/could use the maps on your Nuvi, as long as the GPS was attached to your PC.

Rick James - Nuvi Forum Moderator
Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<
2014 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD

Go to Top of Page

Gluhwein

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 30 janv. 2012 :  21:43:05  Show Profile  Visit Gluhwein's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Rick. It still doesn't work. I go through all the steps on Lifetime Update but after checking the box verifying that I have read the conditions the screen goes grey and I get a message saying "There was an error installing your maps. Please try again. If problems continue please contact Garmin customer support." When I try option 2 the computer either sits there thinking about loading forever then locks up. I continually get an error message no matter what computer I use, which of the two methods I try or whether I try to download just to my PC or to the Nuvi AND PC. Perhaps my ISP just isn't fast enough even though I can watch TV and movies with no problems. In any case I aappreciate your pointing out that I can use Base Camp instead. I think that'll suit my purposes.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,35 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05