Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2266

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 GPS on the Apple iPhone and iPad - smartphoneGPS.com
 Gpx2go! 1.0.1 released
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

g_mocken

3 Posts

Posted - 20 déc. 2011 :  10:07:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have published my first self-made GPS-iPhone App "Gpx2go!", and I would be glad if some people would try it out:

http://itunes.apple.com/de/app/gpx2go!/id457404270?mt=8

Currently it is free, but eventually, I hope to refinance my Apple developer license by selling it for a small price. It's not a commercial project, and so I hope this posting is not considered inappropriate advertising.

If you try it out, please rate and/or review it in the AppStore (or here).

If you have bugs to report or feature suggestions (I have plenty on my own mind) or want to become a beta-tester of forthcoming versions, use the support link in the AppStore to contact me.

Guido

Ads

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 25 juin 2012 :  14:40:16  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Had missed this, looks like an interesting app, recording all your positions in the background, but can you really keep it running at all times without severly impacting the battery life?

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

g_mocken

3 Posts

Posted - 25 juin 2012 :  23:59:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gpspassion

Had missed this, looks like an interesting app, recording all your positions in the background, but can you really keep it running at all times without severly impacting the battery life?

That entirely depends on the required accuracy:

iOS and my app Gpx2Go!, respectively, let you choose between 3000m, 1000m, 100m, 10m, "Best" and "Best for navigation". Internally these levels translate into different hardware units being used for the localization (GSM, Wifi, GPS and accelerometer/gyroscope) and also into different levels of computational effort being made.

Essentially, the device needs more power for more precise position recordings. I have not run extensive tests on how long the battery lasts with what kind of setting.

Note that Apple forces developers of background applications to include a note concerning potentially the increased power consumption. That's the main reason why Gpx2Go! also has such a warning its application description - but with reasonable settings, it's not as dramatic as it sounds. I would guess that, for example, using GSM-only localization does not increase the power consumption at all, because the iPhone, after all, is a mobile phone, so the GSM circuits are used all the time anyway. On the other hand, "best for navigation" (i.e. GSM+Wifi+GPS+sensors+ expensive CPU calculations to combine all the data) is very noticeable - but it can be reasonably used in a car where you have a power supply.

Guido

PS: I am soon going to submit v1.2.0 of Gpx2Go! to the AppStore.
Go to Top of Page

g_mocken

3 Posts

Posted - 30 nov. 2012 :  00:15:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by g_mocken
PS: I am soon going to submit v1.2.0 of Gpx2Go! to the AppStore.

In fact, v1.3.0 is out now, which has a significantly improved user interface. The free demo can be downloaded here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gpx2go!/id457404270?mt=8

If you like it, you can remove the demo limitations via in-app purchase.

Guido
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05