New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

barbudor

France
1844 Posts

Posted - 13 nov. 2011 :  11:27:10  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Modérateur Forum Traceurs GPS et Suivi GPS Temps Réel, son Index (français) et Les bons plan SIM pour traceurs GPS
Moderator Forum Live GPS Tracking Systems and its Index (english)
Using: CompeGPS Land 7 | LocusPro | Carminat TomTom Live | Tracker Coban GPS-102 | MoBAC
Used: Look N500 | iPaq314 | CartoExp.3D | OziExp.PC | OziExp.CE | TomTomGoLive950

Edited by - barbudor on 13 oct. 2012 14:51:51

Ads

barbudor

France
1844 Posts

Posted - 13 nov. 2011 :  11:27:27  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gloassary, legend and comments on tables above

About hardware trackers

Transmission

*SMS: Tracker is able to report location through SMS to a mobile phone. This methode shall be limited to coarse tracking with rare reports, mostly on-demand (Pull method). A real-time tracking on a map is difficult to setup with such a solution.

*GPRS: Tracker can make use of a GPRS/Internet data connection to report its location to a server. This allow a fine tracking with update of the location every few seconds (push or pull method). When SIM card has to be provided, it is advised to choose an subscrition with a few hundreds of MBytes/month included. Server can be a public server (see exemples in 2nd table) ou private (software installed on your own server).

*APRS: APRS (Automatic Position Reporting System) is a protocol to transmit locations over the air using VHF radios suchas the ones commonly used in amateur-radio (HAM) or marine. The solution generaly include a electronic device (eg TinyTrack) which receive the GPS position from a serial link and convert the data packet to a sound signal sent to the line/mic input of the VHF radio (typical modulation around 1200 Baud). On the receiving side, another electronic device decodes the audio signal to digital data to a PC. There are some PC software which also use the sound-card line/mic input of the PC to directly decode the audio signals without the need for this additional device. Note that using VHF radio requieres a amateur-radio license in most countries. It is also possible to use PMR446 talkie-walkies. PMR446 does not requires license but range is very limited.

*Satellite: Some trackers are using a satellite link to report their location. These communications satellites are differents from the GPS ones. Using such a satellites network instead of GSM allows global coverage without having to consider GSM roaming issues.

Subscriptions

*No: The solution does not requires a subscription to a service provider nor telecom operator.

*yes: The solution includes a service subscription sold with the product. Generaly, the equipment is not usable with a different service provider. Coverage might depend on the service provide (national, Europe, US, ...).

*SIM: The equipment is sold "bare" and requires the user to insert a GSM SIM card like a mobile phone. User must subscribe to a mobile operator. User need to carefully select the subsciption depending on its need for roaming and data connection. See SMS and GPRS comments above.

Modérateur Forum Traceurs GPS et Suivi GPS Temps Réel, son Index (français) et Les bons plan SIM pour traceurs GPS
Using: CompeGPS Land 7 | LocusPro | Carminat TomTom Live | Tracker Coban GPS-102 | MoBAC
Used: Look N500 | iPaq314 | CartoExp.3D | OziExp.PC | OziExp.CE | TomTomGoLive950

Edited by - barbudor on 13 nov. 2011 11:32:04
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94668 Posts

Posted - 01 déc. 2011 :  19:59:07  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for this excellent index !

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

tonygil

Brazil
54 Posts

Posted - 12 oct. 2012 :  00:03:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
excellent thread, merci mon cher. i would like to propose threads for other vehicle trackers that, although not as popular as the tk102 family, are pretty well distributed, too.

i suggest greentel's GT02 and GT06 (distributed by various companies, including Robustel, GoSafe and UVI), as well as Chainway's CW-801B/701 and Meitrack's MVT340 and MT90.

These companies have provided support (including very complete data communication protocol specifications and hours of live tech support) for the integration of these models into a a server platform that i have developed. in fact, ALL have provided me much more support than either coban or xexun.

i feel confident that they represent interesting alternatives for many applications that may interest the members of this excellent forum.
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1844 Posts

Posted - 12 oct. 2012 :  20:53:31  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please go ahaead. If GT02 and GT06 are similar you can share your experience in a single thread, and create threads for the others.
Once the threads will exist, I will be pleased to add them into the index.
Hopefull it will not go as for the TK where 3 new threads are added every week by people who do not take the time to read the existing ones.

Go to Top of Page

tonygil

Brazil
54 Posts

Posted - 13 oct. 2012 :  01:20:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
actually the GT02 and GT06 are similar-looking, but have different (albeit similarly structured) protocols: the GT02 is a simple tracker that does not work with the concept of session, while the GT06 has relay blocking, memory (of points not uploaded) and establishes sessions.

i will see if i can get the tech personnel from these distributors to participate, thus establishing a direct link between users and support, if possible.

merci pour ce forum, c'est vraiment super cool!
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1844 Posts

Posted - 13 oct. 2012 :  10:47:36  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Added a link to the newly created topic

Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1844 Posts

Posted - 13 oct. 2012 :  14:46:10  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Added a link to my GPS trackers GPRS repository on Google Drive.
Let me know if you have such documents in order to collect them in this place.

Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1844 Posts

Posted - 13 oct. 2012 :  20:29:25  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you can post the links here and/or in a topic dedicated to the tracker so your original link is archived on the forum, and I will add a copy of the file in the repository

Go to Top of Page

tonygil

Brazil
54 Posts

Posted - 16 oct. 2012 :  17:30:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@barbudor i think that maybe the best thing would be to post all protocol specs that i have here on this topic first

after you have created the repository and published the protocols there, i will use those links in my threads for each model / family that i have tested. what say you to this procedure?
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1844 Posts

Posted - 16 oct. 2012 :  22:58:54  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tony, repository has already been started.
There is a link under the word "here" in the text below the 1st table pointing here : https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B9QofkYKWsMuZnIwZ1BqeXhzQlE/edit

Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1844 Posts

Posted - 19 oct. 2012 :  20:35:23  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tony
You can't write into a collection of someone else in GDrive.
I have to get the file and add it myself.
So if you have files that you want/can/are-allowed to add to my repository, give me a way to get them and I will add them.

Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1844 Posts

Posted - 20 oct. 2012 :  10:49:51  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Done. Thanks a lot for sharing.
I already had the 3rd one.

Edited by - barbudor on 20 oct. 2012 10:51:29
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1844 Posts

Posted - 04 févr. 2013 :  20:42:09  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Added OpenGpsTracking, real time tracking of J2ME (Java) compatible mobile phones. http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=143518

Go to Top of Page

CHERRY ZHANG

China
3 Posts

Posted - 12 avr. 2013 :  08:09:49  Show Profile  Visit CHERRY ZHANG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why every one just talk this few company's model ,in fact there is another new model or another good supplier in China also .and also they have newest function can offe more good supprt for the customer .

As iknow right now only one company who release one application can work on IOS and Android market ,and can be free download by customer ,use this application can help customer get the position or another alarm function more easy ,no need though SMS set up anymore .

Professional CAR GPS TRACKER Service company
Go to Top of Page

splotsplot

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 29 août 2013 :  20:21:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also GPS Trace Orange at www.gps-trace.com The best free single vehicle private tracking site I have seen so far. http://mobile.gps-trace.com for the smartphone/tablet platform and http://mold.gps-trace.com for simpler phones. Commercial option at www.wialon.com from Gurtam.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05