Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2250

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Software
 PDA and Smartphone Road Navigation Software
 [TOPIC] WazeGPS for iPhone and Android
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hman710

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 25 oct. 2011 :  14:48:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found this on iTunes. For both iOS and android:

Waze is a free, community-based traffic & navigation app

When you download Waze, you not only get free navigation, but also become part of the local driving community in your area, joining forces with other drivers nearby to outsmart traffic, save time and improve everyone's daily commute. All you have to do is drive, so get involved today!

www.waze.com

nuvi 750
nüvi 360(stolen) + GTM-12
StreetPilot III

Ads

gpspassion

93969 Posts

Posted - 25 oct. 2011 :  15:11:51  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes it's a nice app, I first used it a year and a half ago when I dubbed the "Pacman GPS" as they didn't have much coverage and the car icon turned into a pacman "gobbler" when you drove on unverified roads.

It's much more advanced now with routing and 3D, but I miss the Pacman days a bit ;-) One thing I noticed is that it doesn't let you search for POIs which is a bit surprising and a bit of a letdown when you need to get around.

I haven't been able to "chat" with other Waze users either as all the icons I see on the map are for users who were last ween days/weeks/months ago...

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

hman710

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 26 oct. 2011 :  00:03:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was using it on the way home today, then all of a suuden the car icon was going sideways. I zoomed in and out real quick and the fixed it. Weird

nuvi 750
nüvi 360(stolen) + GTM-12
StreetPilot III
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93969 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2012 :  20:03:01  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
v3.1 is now out, quite a few changes !

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

Supremo

USA
2031 Posts

Posted - 10 mars 2012 :  17:04:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll second that. Prior to getting a new car (VW Tiguan, with built in NAV), this was my GPS of choice (although my wife is still in love with Garmin). The one complaint I have is that "warnings" seem to pop up for side streets when I'm on a freeway. In addition when I've been travelling during rush hour the number of warnings (mostly "slow traffic" or similar) is overwhelming, and you have to manually close them. But- the price is right.

One thing you need to watch is that using Waze will eat into whatever data plan you have, since no maps are stored on the smartphone. A 1-hour trip for me here in San Diego used about 30 Mbytes as I recall, not a big deal for some smart phone plans, but something you need to be aware of.

Moderator ... MIO, AIO Forums
Mio C310x,C520, Moov 300, Navigon 2100, Rightway GPS (various)
"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day- Teach a man to fish and he eats for life"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05