Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2298

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 Nuvi 760 Reboot Loop
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Animal

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 22 mars 2012 :  17:46:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for responding, sorry I didn't get back faster... life has a way of interfering with plans :)

ORIGINALLY, I had tried to fix my previous issue in which the NUVI 760 was stuck at the Garmin LOGO.
- It didn't start rebooting loop, until AFTER I'd used the cured versions. (reb-boot loop was happening after disconnection from PC)

-I cured my own software based on original firmware 3.2 and 4.6 put out by PouchX.... Looking back at what I did, and found out later thru further readings - I may have CURED an already Cured firmware and loaded THAT product up to the Nuvi... which may have started the whole re-booting Loop. OR I didn't let it reboot enough times, to fix itself?

I have since gotten it NOT to reboot, by uploading an unCUREd version of 4.6... but I still can't seem to get the PC to recognize the Nuvi in USB storage mode nor Get PASSED the GARMIN Logo. I can still get into PRE-BOOT mode... I've become an expert at THAT :)

BTW.. some threads say getting this Nuvi 760 into pre-boot mode by pressing on Lower RIGHT, and some say UPPER LEFT while booting up...

Upper Left worked for me, but it had to be done continuously: PRIOR to, During turning Power ON and AFTER Boot-up.

Are there really THAT many different ways of getting into PRe-boot Mode on this model?

Sorry if I seem to be taking the thread into a different direction... but I have a Nuvi 760 staring back at me with a Pretty Garmin Logo... and I'd like to really learn more, not just to fix this problem but to learn as much as I can.

I previously fixed an issue with my 3760LMT - similar to this, thru reading these threads... but this is an older Nuvi I'd previously given up on, a couple of years ago.. but now I feel as if I can tackle it...but I'm stuck.

I don't have a Hex Editor... that I know of - But What file would I be editting?

Street Pilot c330 + SD card, Nuvi 3760LMT
Go to Top of Page

Animal

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 22 mars 2012 :  20:41:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WELL, WELL! Thanks to Everyone for your Help... Seems using the VERY LATEST firmware 5.30 GCD & the garminCURE3 software did the trick.... but here's how:

I used the 5.3 GCD file and GarminCure to convert to firmware (Original..NOT Cured)... then uploaded to device using UPDATER in GarminCure3 Package.

Nuvi 760 boot up, shows me all files are intact (based on the various screens I was able to go through - I couldn't help playing with it for a while once it came up!)... BTW.. 5.30 gCd file is actually 4.90 Firmware... at least according to my device. And all previous favorites & POI were erased along the way, so I don't know if the new firmware did it or not.

Now the next thing leads me to believe I may have solved this already (in a previous firmware uploading) - had I not done the CURE x Cure I described earlier..... Now, this nuvi is cured and boots up as if it came straight from the factory...but my Laptop doesn't recognize it as a USB drive. ... and I can't find the darn drivers for garmin... gotta go do that next .. so I can update the maps.. BTW.. it has C.N. N.A. 2008 - IT has been a long time since I gave up on this baby BUT I wouldn't throw it out despite the Missus urgings :)

Thanks again, everyone. BTW lollypop - I never had a back up of this unit's files. I do have backups for my other GPS Units, from the very beginning - but not this one!

Strange this is that now that I've gone thru this with TwO GPS units (3760 & older 760), I feel as if I can write a Textbook on reviving old GPS's ! Thanks again, Kunix, ddabcd277, and Lolypop000.

Street Pilot c330 + SD card, Nuvi 3760LMT
Go to Top of Page

panoshm

Greece
17 Posts

Posted - 22 mars 2012 :  23:16:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to see someone solving his Nuvi760 problem...

Mine..... not.....

Garmin Nuvi 1490T
& try to fix my older Garmin Nuvi 760
Go to Top of Page

panoshm

Greece
17 Posts

Posted - 23 mars 2012 :  08:55:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Animal

BTW.. some threads say getting this Nuvi 760 into pre-boot mode by pressing on Lower RIGHT, and some say UPPER LEFT while booting up...

Upper Left worked for me, but it had to be done continuously: PRIOR to, During turning Power ON and AFTER Boot-up.

Are there really THAT many different ways of getting into PRe-boot Mode on this model?

As I am reading that again, I think mayby there IS different ways getting Nuvi760into pre-boot mode....

This is the way I do it:
-Turn switch to "lock" position
-Push consecutively with my finger the CENTER of screen
-Plug USB cable (pushing center of screen at the same time)
-Drag-drop REG file to "uploader" very quickly (pushing center of screen at the same time)
-At "uploader" menu see my Nuvi at USB and click "OK" button (if I am late to click the "OK" button, Nuvi start reboot loop after 2-3 secs) (pushing center of screen at the same time)

Then "Uploader" start copy firmware and I can then remove my finger of the center of the screen

IS IT RIGHT THAT????? Maybe its wrong this way? Maybe thats why kunix's files didn't helped me all that months we trying to fix it???

Garmin Nuvi 1490T
Go to Top of Page

ddabcd277

310 Posts

Posted - 23 mars 2012 :  11:44:23  Show Profile  Visit ddabcd277's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, this is the way. Glad Animal succedded repairing his nuvi. As I have wrote keep in mind that there can be hardware issue in the memory of your nuvi not software!

Go to Top of Page

lolypop000

Slovenia
176 Posts

Posted - 23 mars 2012 :  21:26:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some nuvi 760 go in pre boot if you hold uper left corner and some go in pre boot if you put finger in the midle of the screen and lock screen.

When you try out what works for your nuvi try this:

Open updater.exe and add dot to USB

add mouse cursor to button OK

Connect nuvi to Pc (if nuvi turn on just turn it off)

Now put finger in the midle of the screen and quick turn on your nuvi and lock screen

When you see that updater recognice your nuvi just click OK

Or put finger in the left uper corner and turn on your nuvi.

If updater.exe dont recognize your nuvi in pre boot instal Garmin usb drivers and try again

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=591
Go to Top of Page

panoshm

Greece
17 Posts

Posted - 18 avr. 2012 :  20:35:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Attempts for fixing my Nuvi continues.... What else we must do? Aggggrrrrrr!!!! I will be neurasthenic whith that! xaxaxa

@ kunix --> You have e-mail

Garmin Nuvi 1490T
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05