Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2241

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 Garmin CN NT NA, Europe 2012.20 released 08/2011
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

polymers

5 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2011 :  04:22:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My traffic trends version did not update (at 4.25). Is this consistent with what others are seeing?
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7715 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2011 :  04:44:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's what I have.

Rick James - Nuvi Forum Moderator
Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<
2014 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD

Go to Top of Page

hpatlik

1153 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2011 :  06:21:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prior to upgrading to 2012.20 from 2012.10, the traffictrends version was 3.75. After the upgrade, it is now 4.25.

HPatlik
Go to Top of Page

caryrae

USA
588 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2011 :  18:44:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is definitely more JV with the new map update on my 1695. I simulated a 150 mile route and before there was no JV now there was like 8 or 9 of them and these were the more Photo Realistic ones.
Go to Top of Page

polymers

5 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2011 :  18:45:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is interesting as mine was at 4.25 with 2012.10.

I notice that the item reads "CN North America NT 2012.20 ALL trafficTends North America 4.25". So I assume that the dataset (the 2012.20 part) can update without updating the version (4.25). Maybe I'm thinking of this wrong...

So when Garmin says they update this up to 4 times per year, I figure they are updating the dataset? (which is the part our units report back if we have data sharing enabled)???

Go to Top of Page

Kingcan

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2011 :  21:43:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NanaimoRick

Used the new Lifetime Mapupdater and all went well.

Worked fine for me today with the new Lifetime Updater on my 3790LMT. However a few days ago using the same program updating a friends 3790 I got a communication error right at the end after the map had loaded into the GPS. Checked the map version on the GPS and the new one was loaded. His GPS works fine.
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7715 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2011 :  22:42:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have seen that a couple of times. Questioned Garmin and they replied:

We are aware of that issue and currently working on a fix. I will keep you posted when we release a fixed version (first of next week).

@Kingcan, you may also find that the opening screen of the Updater program will want to "search for device" if your GPS isn't attached to the PC and "install" the maps again if the device is attached. You will not be able to "check for updates". Garmin says that the workaround until the fix is out is:

Until then, the only workaround is to remove and re-add your device. Once you re-add the device, it will see that the maps are up to date and you will be back to the “normal” state.

Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<

Go to Top of Page

bachastain

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2011 :  23:37:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yay! Garmin fixed all the missing JVs here in the midwest. On 2012.10 there were no junction views from the Chicago area to Atlanta GA, not one.

Now there are 27 on 2012.20.

Bruce.
Go to Top of Page

hpatlik

1153 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2011 :  02:21:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I noticed that on my 2460, the JV are now displayed as a split screen with the 3D view.

Hpatlik
Go to Top of Page

bachastain

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2011 :  03:32:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FYI, I also encounter errors when trying to install using the Lifetime Updater. I had to disconnect the gps and reconnect it before it would find my gps. It also spit out an error at the end once the update was complete. All is well despite that.
Go to Top of Page

Lizard_weasel

USA
892 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2011 :  04:12:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had an error at the end as well, but all seems good with it.

Steve
Garmin Nuvi 750, 3760LTM and Zumo 660.
Formerly Nuvi 350 and Axim x51v with Mapopolis and bluetooth receiver.
Go to Top of Page

Kris2005

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 07 août 2011 :  00:26:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had nothing but problems with the lifeupdater. This morning I got message that maps update is available but when I opened the lifeupdater I got message no updates are available. After checking Garmin site I knew the updates were available. So I decided to use webservice to do the update, it prompted me to install lifetimeupdater despite if already being installed! So I decided to reinstall it anyway. After that I received message on Garmin website that the files were downloaded but there was problem with installation. The lifeupdater would not work. So I uninstalled it and used manual download. The maps of North Amnerica were properly installed in the MapSource but there was message that the Nuvi (260W) does not have enough memory and the update installed only 49 lower states to the unit. It is sort of annoying. So I decided to install maps onto 4GB memory card. The process went smoothly but when I plugged the card into the Nuvi and started it the unit shut down after seeing a green bar showing map loading progress. Tried this with different memory cards with the same results.
Any solution to this problem? What do I need to do the get the card working?
Thanks
Kris
Go to Top of Page

dnk

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 08 août 2011 :  15:35:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I tried to download the NA update, I was informed that I did not have enough space on my Nuvi. Never had a problem before. I deleted many unnecessary language files and tried again. I settled on the lower 49 map. Any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7715 Posts

Posted - 08 août 2011 :  16:13:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is an ongoing issue as the map files get bigger but the GPS internal storage doesn't. You can help by deleting as many language, voice, vehicle, help, and EULA files as possible but the eventually we are going to have to start storing maps on SD cards as the map updates will continue to grow.

Go to Top of Page

hpatlik

1153 Posts

Posted - 08 août 2011 :  19:02:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have found after upgrading to 2012.20 and after creating a custom avoidance on my 2460LMT, the unit shuts down when you try to access any of the avoidances on the list. This is a repeatable problem. Has anyone else had this issue? Performing a master reset will delete the avoidances and "fix" the issue. I will be contacting Garmin about this.

HPatlik

Edited by - hpatlik on 09 août 2011 03:36:46
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05