Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2791

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Software
 "Off-Road" GPS Software
 Street to Offroad GPS Conversion
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

guitarenvy

1 Posts

Posted - 12 juil. 2011 :  03:08:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been working with my Curtis GPD359 and researching online, trying to find a way to convert this car-gps unit to an active electronic backroads map. There are a ton of questions I still have, so hopefully somebody here can answer some of them.

This unit has Windows CE operating system. Sygic Drive is the GPS navigation software loaded from factory. I have successfully run Mio and some other programs on the GPS unit using an SD 2gb flash card.

What is the best route to take in changing this GPS into a backroads unit?

Is Backroad Mapbooks SD version compatible?

What is gmapsupp.img and why doesn't my GPS see the one on my SD card? Is there a certain OS or program I need on the GPS unit to view this map I downloaded?

Is Sygic Drive good for anything other than road navigation? Is there a replacement?

Can I convert my Curtis GPD359 into a Garmin clone?

Thanks in adv.

Ads

Boyd

USA
1857 Posts

Posted - 21 juil. 2011 :  22:45:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Backroad mapbooks is a Garmin product, and gmapsupp.img is a Garmin format map. There really is no way to use Garmin maps on your device. Garmin used to sell a program called Mobile XT that ran under Windows Mobile. I recall that some people got it working on CE, but this was a number of years back. It was a paid product, and so are the backroads mapbooks maps.

If you really need Garmin compatibility, get one of the inexpensive Nuvi's such as the 205, 205w or 255w. If you want to use Windows CE, have a look at OziExplorer CE which has been discussed in some threads in this same forum. You will probably need to make your own maps however. Website is here: http://www.oziexplorer3.com/ozice/oziexplorerce1.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05