Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2251

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 TomTom AIO Forums - www.GOTomTom.com
 Repeated failures of TomTom
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SashaV

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 06 juin 2011 :  15:04:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if anyone had such a terrible experience with TomTom products and if anyone had a success at getting out of the loop with shipping back defective units one after the other?
My unit keeps dying for various reasons and TomTom keeps sending me defective replacements.
I wasted a lot of money on HW and all the maps I purchased from TomTom (North America, Western and Eastern Europe).
TomTom support does not want to do anything about it, they just keep repeating that they have to follow their “policies” about replacement process.
The unit is GO 630, the failures are with the screen where it gets stuck in a loop of self executing commands and keeps bringing you to police station location, and the latest one was inability to hold any charge, once the unit is off the charger battery goes dead within a couple of minutes.
But the problem is really TomTom as a company and their service and support, they keep sending me defective replacements one after another, it is crazy.

The product is utterly useless, you cannot rely on it when you need it.
Is anyone aware of any legal remedies that one can take?

Ads

gpspassion

93969 Posts

Posted - 07 juin 2011 :  05:59:17  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Guess we'll have to put this down to bad luck as I've never heard of such problems in the 7+ years that TomTom has been selling PNDs and obviously they would no longer be in business if that was a frequent occurrence.

You should have asked here about the "loop" because that's generally a simple fix, just swipe a credit card around the corners and it's fixed (it's generally due to something being stuck under the corners).

I'm sure this will get fixed and at least you're not having to pay for shipping back as is generally the case when you're stuck with a defective product. Do keep us posted.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

62morgan

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 18 avr. 2012 :  17:01:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reference the unit's dying and not holding a charge...

I know this is a rather "Old" posting; but I have something to add that is relevant. The OP had an ongoing problem with multiple defective units based upon his perception. I bet if he had replaced the charger, all units would have worked. I've seen bad usb connections not well-seated, give the impression the unit has a hardware issue. On another occasion the umbilical usb had an internal break in the wire from rough treatment; rendering it useless.

Let's not jump-to-conclusions simply because the OP failed to rule-out in a systematic fashion other areas that might have explained his ongoing problem.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93969 Posts

Posted - 20 avr. 2012 :  00:33:05  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Certainly a possibility, unfortunately the OP didn't take the time to give us an update...

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05