Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2791

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Software
 "Off-Road" GPS Software
 Miopocket on a Navman - replace inbuilt software
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thirsty003

2 Posts

Posted - 02 mai 2011 :  13:20:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All, I'm using a Navman MY60T with MioPocket Lite and running OziCE as my moving map software. I'm currently using miopocket on an SD card but am having a few issues with getting it to start reliably. I never intend to use the inbuilt GPS software from Navman - I only ever intend to run miopocket and OziCE.

My question is - is it possible to remove all the inbuilt stuff off the flash ram and install miopocket there as the new "OEM" system thus turning it into a "proper" pna?

What I want is to be able to turn the unit on and have miopocket lite start up. Then I can click on my OziCE icon and run that program. I can also view pictures etc on the SD Card if I so desire.

Is all this doable?

Thanks

Ads

Boyd

USA
1854 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2011 :  12:38:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not familiar with that model. But most Windows CE units have a special filename that can be used on the SD card. During startup, if that file is found then it is automatically executed. No idea what that would be on your unit, but on my iPAQ 310 it is called CELauncher.exe, on my Magellan Roadmate 1700 it's iBoot.exe. etc.

So you can rename the MioPocket startup file to this special name and the unit should boot directly into MioPocket. I use these units for OziExplorer also, and just name the program accordingly and the GPS will boot directly into Ozi (I like to keep it simple and don't use MioPocket anymore myself - too much junk I don't need).

Anyway, if you can find out the name of this secret file, you can make your unit startup from the SD card without removing anything from main memory. Dig through the AIO forum on this site and maybe you will be able to find the filename. I would be really careful about removing the native software because you could end up with a unit that doesn't work anymore!
Go to Top of Page

thirsty003

2 Posts

Posted - 06 juin 2011 :  14:44:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that Boyd. That's pretty much what I'm looking for. Any idea how I might start searching for that filename? I've had a quick look through the many ini files but nothing jumps out - is it just a matter of trial and error?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05