Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2272

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 Nuvi 3790T "Loading maps..." problem
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Animal

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 25 mars 2012 :  05:09:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ddabcd277

Yep. Don't worry nuvi can boot without files in the memory.

This may sound off topic but can you REALLY boot a Nuvi with all it;s files deleted?

I fixed my 3760 and an old 760, unit with all your help but I was re-reading these articles threads for new info and wondered if this wouldn't have helped me with a different issue ...

I found a corrupt file in the TEXT folder and wondered if I could format the NUVI to fix bad file problems... but I wondered about the unit being able to boot without it's files.

Street Pilot c330 + SD card, Nuvi 3760LMT
Go to Top of Page

ddabcd277

310 Posts

Posted - 25 mars 2012 :  10:39:45  Show Profile  Visit ddabcd277's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, nuvis can. :) But if it is not necessarily don't experiment with that.

Also don't format nuvi memory if it is again not necessarily and you are absolutely sure what u r doing!!! Too many question over this. I have noticed that the majority of such issues are because of a problematic files in the memory rather than in the FS. So don't do that better make a "back up".

Glad my info helped. :) If you ask me if you face similar issues better use the kunix tool (Garmin Cure 3) or the Boyd suggestions first. If the Boyd suggestion didn't work try the kunix tool at the end (or better contact garmin). The tool is almost universal and harmless but keep in mind that is is not approved by garmin AFAIK and no one can grant you that it will not "kill" your nuvi. (Have a feeling that it even eased the work of many service senters. :)) On the other hand it is supposed that garmin knows their devices better than anyone else and can help you best in such cases.

Edited by - ddabcd277 on 25 mars 2012 10:55:34
Go to Top of Page

kunix

Belarus
194 Posts

Posted - 25 mars 2012 :  12:41:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The tool will definitely won't kill anything because it doesn't modify the boot.bin, so you can always flash the original firmware.
Also it's SAFE to format the internal flash drive to ANY filesystem, and the GarminCure3'd firmware is guaranteed to boot again and show the filesystem to PC (Also I still have a feeling that Animal had disconnected the USB cable and was waiting for the GarminCure3'd firmware to boot normally, which can't happen at all).
As opposite, those firmwares with file extentions patched are not likely to boot anymore if you format the internal flash drive incorrectly.

Go to Top of Page

Animal

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 25 mars 2012 :  23:09:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys... I don't know if I mentioned here or on another thread but I did use the GARMINCURE-3... in fact, It was the one that worked for me... I have no idea how to use the RGN tool someone else suggested... but as it turned outs, one of my problems was that I was "curing" an already "CURED" firmware... so I was going around in circles.... and also, WRONG CABLE. Seems I didn't have the original GARMIN cable for the 760... so I used one of the many cables I had (small USB connector)... all except one cable, the retractable cable, were the wrong "electrical" version of the USB cable I needed. So I've "fixed" TWO Nuvi's in two weeks.. So Thanks again :) Now I'm wondering about uses of Patched firmware to convert my 3760 to 3790, and my old 760 to a 765 unit ;)

Street Pilot c330 + SD card, Nuvi 3760LMT
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05