Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2163

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 [TOPIC] Garmin nuvi 24xx Series - User Reviews
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

hpatlik

1152 Posts

Posted - 31 mars 2012 :  05:48:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

My 2460 LTM has gone into a crash and reboot mode. I have tried reloading latest FW 2.80, reloading loader FW but Nuvi always crashes between finishing load. Sometime Nuvi will be to main screen and then crash and reboot automatically. nuvi cannot stay on for longer than a 30 second before crashing (battery is fine). I have had a problem with the voice activiation that makes it crash more often when I use that function. Any suggestions before I call Garmin?

Thanks,

HPatlik
Go to Top of Page

Captcaper

USA
376 Posts

Posted - 31 mars 2012 :  14:13:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd try to reinstall a couple of more times. Maybe the download is corrupted?

Are you still in Warranty? If not I believe it's $120 for a refurbished exchange and $199 for a new one at GPS City etc. Funny some places are still asking much more money.

Presently owned Dezl 760LMT Montana 600 2460lmt 1490T SP2610 SP2720 GPSMAP 276C GPSMAP 60CS NorthStar 951XD in the boat since 1996.
Previous owned Garmin 48,76cs,210. Nuvi 880,1490T.
Go to Top of Page

hpatlik

1152 Posts

Posted - 31 mars 2012 :  19:49:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried downloading and resintall a few more times, same result.
Go to Top of Page

ddabcd277

310 Posts

Posted - 01 avr. 2012 :  08:08:34  Show Profile  Visit ddabcd277's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you tried Garmin Cure 3:
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=143809
Go to Top of Page

hpatlik

1152 Posts

Posted - 02 avr. 2012 :  18:55:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did but it now wont boot, shuts down right away. It has been sent to Garmin.

Thanks

HPatlik
Go to Top of Page

Harvey

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 02 avr. 2012 :  20:52:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had exactly the same problem with the 2460 and it started shortly after I updated the software to the current version (after it worked perfectly for almost 4 months). I called Garmin and they said that it couldn't have anything to do with the latest software. They then asked that I erase everything and do a complete restore. I did, but it didn't help.

Fortunately, I'd purchased it from Costco, and even though it was 4 months old, I returned it with no problem.

My guess is that there is a bug in the latest software update, and it is triggered by some sort of user action. Unfortunately, I have no idea what series of steps triggers it, although it's possible that in my case it might have had something to do with selecting multiple vias.

Interestingly, it did not crash and reboot when it was plugged into the computer.

Until then, it was the best nuvi I'd ever used, and I have tried a lot of them.

Harvey

quote:
Originally posted by hpatlik

Hi All,

My 2460 LTM has gone into a crash and reboot mode. I have tried reloading latest FW 2.80, reloading loader FW but Nuvi always crashes between finishing load. Sometime Nuvi will be to main screen and then crash and reboot automatically. nuvi cannot stay on for longer than a 30 second before crashing (battery is fine). I have had a problem with the voice activiation that makes it crash more often when I use that function. Any suggestions before I call Garmin?

Thanks,

HPatlik

Edited by - Harvey on 02 avr. 2012 20:55:28
Go to Top of Page

Captcaper

USA
376 Posts

Posted - 04 avr. 2012 :  14:20:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pamlico

The one thing I'm not especially fond of is that rather than create one entire route for the journey, Trip Planner creates a series of routes from point to point, but it does link them together. I can't see how Garmin would think this would be preferable to the way things worked before Trip Planner was released.

Pamlico
So it seems that it will calculate a route made in MS with multiple way points or whatever to make the GPS follow it. And it will give the final time and mileage to destination (end)? But at each way point (via point whatever) you have to manually make it start the next leg? If so how much work is that..I mean if I'm driving that could be hazardous.
I'm on the fence for buying and trying but this route thing is got me concerned. I love my 1490T and the routing it does. It took me effortlessly out to Yellowstone (2600 miles )my way with my preplanned routing.

Presently owned Dezl 760LMT Montana 600 2460lmt 1490T SP2610 SP2720 GPSMAP 276C GPSMAP 60CS NorthStar 951XD in the boat since 1996.
Go to Top of Page

Pamlico

75 Posts

Posted - 04 avr. 2012 :  16:32:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Catcaper:

Right, you can define a route externally in MS with numerous waypoints, import the route, and it will be available in Trip Planner. Once under way it will display the time and mileage to the final destination. You can have it display 4 windows on the right side of the screen, each of which can display one of several user selectable additional pieces of information.

Trip Planner essentially divides the route into a series of subroutes, with a subroute being defined as going from one waypoint to the next. When you reach a waypoint, you don't need to do anything as it will jump to the next subroute by itself. It does take a few seconds to switch so if you need to define a series of turns that are relatively close to one another be sure to take those few seconds into account when placing waypoints. This generally isn't a problem, but I thought I'd mention it. After using it for a while now I wouldn't let the way Trip Planner does things prevent me from buying the system.

In general, I've not had any real problems with the device. It takes a little time to get used to Trip Planner, but that's not really a big deal. I find the larger screen to be a real plus. I've also found the speech recognition to be useful. It's not perfect but works the vast majority of the time.

I still like my old Street Pilot 2610 more than anything I've used since map updates for it were no longer available, but the 2460 works well and you'll not have any problem getting used to Trip Planner.
Go to Top of Page

Captcaper

USA
376 Posts

Posted - 04 avr. 2012 :  19:06:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even my 1490T takes a second or too to change over. So I wonder what all the complaining is about? Is it just with other Nuvi's with Trip Planner?
My 1490T has the 4 custom windows on the right side as well. And I know what you mean by missing the 2610. I had one for a while my son has it now. Also I had a 2720 as well which I liked better. My wife has that buried inside her console for emergency's,etc.
I found PC Nation has the 2460LT and includes a paper giving free map lifetime updates so they are selling them new and sealed with a fair return policy. 30 day but 15% restock.
I was going to buy another 1490 for a backup ( I use it for business and couldn't be without one now) but thought since the 2460 and the T are similar in many ways I'd try it.

Go to Top of Page

Pamlico

75 Posts

Posted - 05 avr. 2012 :  03:43:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I originally bought a Nuvi 3790 which also uses Trip Planner and returned it after a short trip as each of the subroutes was treated as an individual trip so navigation ended once you reached a waypoint and you had to manually select the next one. This may have been fixed by now, but it wasn't something that I found useful so back it went and I got the 2460LMT.

One thing that I have noticed is that if you go off route the device doesn't announce "Recalculating" as previous systems did. There's no option to toggle the announcement on & off. Another SP 2610 feature that has been dumbed down. Plus, I still miss the remote control, but the voice recognition does prevent reaching.

The price on PCNation is quite good, especially if they are throwing in the lifetime maps. I've never used the 1490, so I can't compare it to the 2460, but the 2460 has been able to do everything I've wanted. Just be sure to use enough waypoints when planning in MS, but that's pretty much common sense. The problem is that you don't know you need more waypoints until it's too late and the system is trying to route you away from the one you planned out.

I think you'll be satisfied with the 2460. Good luck.

Go to Top of Page

Jim9999

52 Posts

Posted - 05 avr. 2012 :  19:35:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think in the 3490 thread, they mentioned the same separate routes thing as your 3790.? Unfortunately this forum software doesn't have much in the way of a search.
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=142811

Personally, I find the "recalculating" voice useful.
Go to Top of Page

Captcaper

USA
376 Posts

Posted - 05 avr. 2012 :  22:03:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Pamilco
You gave a good clear idea on what this Trip Planner etc. is on this 2460.. 1490 is very similar. If you compare at Garmin you'd see.

jim

Go to Top of Page

Freds

112 Posts

Posted - 06 avr. 2012 :  01:34:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have only taken one trip with my 2460LMT. I am having trouble understanding how BaseCamp works for planning. So, I used MapQuest to plan a route and then export it into the 2460. If my 2460 is plugged into the computer, I define a route in MapQuest, then use the drop down menu under SEND to load it on the 2460.
Go to Top of Page

Pamlico

75 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2012 :  19:29:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Catcaper - so if you decide to get a 2460 you'll have no problem transitioning. I should probably mention a couple of negative things as well:

1. We just drove from western NY to Long Island and the system locked up / froze when it was switching to the traffic map when a traffic problem was detected. The only way to resolve this was to remove it from the cradle and hold the power button until it eventually shut down. When switched back on it resumed the route with minimal problems. In thinking about this I recalled that I've had this happen two times before. I've had this device since this model was first released, so it's not a major problem but if there was a lock up in an unfamiliar place it could be an inconvenience.

2) Information on traffic is not displayed for the entire trip, rather only for the active segment of the route that is in Trip Planner. I guess this could be seen as either a positive or negative, but when driving in a dense urban environment where you have a high number of waypoints to shape the route you may not be warned of pending traffic until you switch to the net trip segment and it's too late to switch to an alternate.

3) Switching between subroutes takes 3 to 4 seconds. Not much of a problem.

Nothing overwhelming, but I thought you might be interested.
Go to Top of Page

Captcaper

USA
376 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2012 :  23:05:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My 1490T freezes the same..once in a great while and I have to force it off somehow..

I don't care about the traffic. I usually don't ride in traffic alot and when I do it isn't accurate..I wouldn't be on what it's telling me. I usually listen to the traffic on the radio..updated every 10 minutes with accuracy.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,8 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05