Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2221

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 RGN_Tool - Utility to create/convert RGN/GCD
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 53

efe

4 Posts

Posted - 12 févr. 2011 :  19:06:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ddabcd277

thank you for your reply. my nuvi 1350 is Taiwan version. how would you modify it? Could you please upload a modified version if possible or guide me on how to do so?

Thank you so much.

Go to Top of Page

efe

4 Posts

Posted - 13 févr. 2011 :  17:26:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ddabcd277

nevermind. I found a way to do it already. I used the latest rgn tool version .74 to cook a firmware using the following
TWN boot.bin, thai fw_all.bin , thai fw1_resources.bin but before this can be done, I had to make sure I had gmap3d.img in the .System folder cause the first flash came up with a system software missing message. Other than that everything is working fine. JCV + lane assist + TTS is great :) . I love my nuvi 1350 so much now
Go to Top of Page

lolypop000

Slovenia
176 Posts

Posted - 13 févr. 2011 :  19:45:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@efe

Why do you have gmap3d.img in .system folder?
Nuvi 1350 dont show 3D buildings (gmap3d.img)
Can you upload your original Thai firmware here?
Or just Thai gupdate.gcd?

Edited by - lolypop000 on 13 févr. 2011 19:49:00
Go to Top of Page

efe

4 Posts

Posted - 14 févr. 2011 :  03:39:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@lolypop000

I used same firmware from Yilmaz (firmware 1360 Thai version 3.00 http://www.4shared.com/file/3Sp5tcyE/nuvi1460Thai_V300.html)
somehow my machine kept saying "system software missing", I tried to search around to find the problem. I just read by chance about other nuvi and this "system software missing problem" and gmap3d. No matter what I tried my nuvi 1350 TWN won't boot (tried changing hwid, sw, use original twn firmware as much as possible). I decided to restore to original firmware first then copied gmap3d.img and then it magically worked. Maybe unrelated but i don't want to risk flashing too many times, since now it is working.

I am thinking that it might be a boot.bin related issue? Since that is the only difference.
Go to Top of Page

turboccc

Canada
783 Posts

Posted - 14 févr. 2011 :  12:53:38  Show Profile  Visit turboccc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have also the gmap3d installed. That may explain why I was able to install the Sg/Mal firmware without a problem on my 3750.
Go to Top of Page

TxF

Poland
7 Posts

Posted - 18 févr. 2011 :  22:16:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I would like to write about my adventure with boot.bin versions and RGN Tool ;) And nuvi 765. I have mailed with turboccc, so he knows it, but maybe someone will find it helpful, so it goes here as well.

First of all, I hex modified TWN .rgn files before. With at least two versions of TWN firmware I succeeded changing all of the occurences of HWID+SWV from TWN to US (HWID 1007 to 0870 and SWV without change or one up). All of the occurences in rgn file turns out to be 3 occurences in boot.bin and one occurence in fw_all.bin.
I did not use original US boot.bin, as at the start I did not know how to split&join rgn. I was before RGN Tool was created (I userd RGN Voice Editor, though). I did what I did, flashed 765, and was happy with TWN firmware ;) Never had problems with it, came back to US two times (needed a cure because of filesystem error and, second time, because of wrong avoid.xml file).
Lately I decided to make my job easier and to use RGN Tool. I used 0.74, changed HWID in both sections (boot.bin and fw_all.bin), made rgn, and flashed it.
The nuvi booted with TWN firmware as expected. I saw I forgot to change ASCII version string, so I hex modified rgn file and ran updater.exe once again.
This time it failed, saying it has no firmware for my unit.
After this, the unit said "System software missing" and refused to boot.

I have checked the unit with g7towin, and it said Unit's ID is 1007 (TWN).

At the time I did my own rgn "old way" and compared to this created with RGN Tool. I found there are still TWN HWIDs in it, but only two of them. RGN Tool have changed only the first occurence of HWID+SWV in boot.bin, leaving two of them untouched.

So, describing by HWID occurences in boot.bin, the original US boot.bin is "0870, 0870, 0870", TWN boot.bin is "1007, 1007, 1007", and I flashed nuvi with "0870, 1007, 1007".

Seems to me one of the remaining occurences is the HWID the unit presents itself via USB to the updater.exe. At the point I was puzzled to get my US unit back.

So, I thought if i was able to burn image for 0870, which turned the unit into 1007, I should be able to revert it, as long as (first) I make image for 1007, which will have 0870s inside, and (second), if there is no really hardware burned-in information which will make it impossible.

I took the original TWN rgn again, and changed occurences of TWN HWID+SWV to US, all but the first one. So I had rgn with boot.bin
like: "1007, 0870, 0870".

And I flashed it. updater.exe have accepted my "cure" and flashed the unit. If I rememeber it well, I had to reset it to work (without reset, it still said "system software missing", I think). It worked - the system have started.
Then I burned it again, this time with all occurences changed for "0870, 0870, 0870" (just like always before). There were no problems this time. The US unit is back, with TWN firmware of course.

This makes me wonder if HWID is something more than an entry in boot.bin. I do not really know. My unit was not reflashed with original TWN firmware while in TWN mode - so it wasn't at full "1007, 1007, 1007" stage - it was flashed with "0870, 1007, 1007". And, beside everything, there are still different hardware versions of 765, and I do not guarantee it is reproductable on the same version as mine (nuvi 765 V9 4GB P1 S3 330 MH), leave alone any other :)

Still, full "0870, 0870, 0870" is flashable with "0870, 1007, 1007", so "1007, 1007, 1007" should be flashable with "1007, 0870, 0870". Unless, as I said, there no hardware dirrefences between US and TWN versions.

On the inventory screen there are BootBLK and X-Loader, both with checksum fail. I assume two HWID+SWV occurences belong to one of them, and third to the second one. Do you know what do the names really mean?

Go to Top of Page

PouchX

Poland
272 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2011 :  00:00:41  Show Profile  Visit PouchX's Homepage  Reply with Quote
try to look for info about mt.nvm file.
This file is located in Garmin directory when unit leaves factory.
After first power up, this file disappears ;)
Go to Top of Page

TxF

Poland
7 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2011 :  00:33:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I am interested in how to turn TWN-specific options in TWN software (available when TWN locale is chosen), but I'm afraid it won't be easy...
Go to Top of Page

dmnamibia

Namibia
63 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2011 :  13:26:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@TxF
I had a very similar experience with 1410 and 1460TWN software. Now it is US bootbin and the rest TWN on 0972. Would like to know how to add additional languages. (comes up with Incompatible Audio version) Or am I missing something again

Nuvi 200w, 260w, 750, 780, 1410, 200wTW, 760TW - Data logger's
Go to Top of Page

SiamMarine

Thailand
372 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2011 :  14:31:11  Show Profile  Visit SiamMarine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Incompatible Audio version" should be corrected with Hex editor (in TTS section within fw_all.bin)
Go to Top of Page

TxF

Poland
7 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2011 :  14:37:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dmnamibia

@TxF
I had a very similar experience with 1410 and 1460TWN software. Now it is US bootbin and the rest TWN on 0972. Would like to know how to add additional languages. (comes up with Incompatible Audio version) Or am I missing something again

http://turboccc.wikispaces.com/file/detail/RGNVoiceEditor_V104.zip

Cheers,
Go to Top of Page

revers123

8 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2011 :  03:51:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
halo, i am using nuvi 1355 gift from nissan. at .system/remoteSW all i can find is 006B048201.BIN 32KB and 006B063000.GCD 1584KB. if i open gcd file, firmware section only show external_data.bin hwid n/a.

how do i begin? to merge with tw friemware?
tq
Go to Top of Page

TxF

Poland
7 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2011 :  12:42:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by revers123

halo, i am using nuvi 1355 gift from nissan. at .system/remoteSW all i can find is 006B048201.BIN 32KB and 006B063000.GCD 1584KB. if i open gcd file, firmware section only show external_data.bin hwid n/a.

how do i begin? to merge with tw friemware?
tq

You need GCD with 1355 firmware update, remoteSW contains additional software (driver updates etc).
Go to Top of Page

turboccc

Canada
783 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2011 :  13:19:25  Show Profile  Visit turboccc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TxF

quote:
Originally posted by dmnamibia

@TxF

http://turboccc.wikispaces.com/file/detail/RGNVoiceEditor_V104.zip

Cheers,

Here's an updated link:

http://turboccc.wikispaces.com/file/detail/RGNVoiceEditor_V108.zip
Go to Top of Page

TxF

Poland
7 Posts

Posted - 22 févr. 2011 :  20:20:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TxF
First of all, I hex modified TWN .rgn files before. With at least two versions of TWN firmware I succeeded changing all of the occurences of HWID+SWV from TWN to US (HWID 1007 to 0870 and SWV without change or one up). All of the occurences in rgn file turns out to be 3 occurences in boot.bin and one occurence in fw_all.bin.
[...] I did what I did, flashed 765, and was happy with TWN firmware ;) Never had problems with it, came back to US two times.

As I wrote, so far TWN boot.bin with changed HWIDs works well with US nuvi 765 units.
This may not be the case for other nuvis. 765 boot.bin contains 3 HWIDs, while in 1355 boot.bin there is only one HWID. That means this unit (or the update process) works a little bit different in terms of HWIDs, and there is no guarantee changing boot.bin HWIDs is enough.
This may change in 765 as well, though it's easier to try to check it (comparing known-working boot.bin to a new one).

So, the universal Good Thing is to keep original boot.bin destined for this unit.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 53 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05