Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1951

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 [TOPIC] Garmin nuvi 2200 & 2300 Series - Reviews
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

NanaimoRick

Canada
7636 Posts

Posted - 02 sept. 2010 :  15:49:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TOPIC - GARMIN NUVI 22XX and 23XX
Screen : 3.5" (22xx) or 4.3" (23xx) - LT/LMT (Lifetime MAP/Traffic) option
myTrends/trafficTrends - Ecoroute HD option
22xx : 2200, 2250 - 23xx : 2300, 2350, 2360, 2370

USEFUL LINKS:
- Product page for the 22xx family : >> link <<
- Product page for the 23xx family : >> link <<
- Blog entry on Garmin's blog : >> link <<

More new Nuvi models announced today:
quote:
OLATHE, Kan - Garmin International Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation, today announced two new series of budget-friendly nüvi personal navigation devices. The nüvi 2200 and nüvi 2300 families feature multi-stop route planning, route previews and innovative nüRoute technology with trafficTrends™ and myTrends™ to make the daily commute or vacation travel easier than ever.

“Mixing business with pleasure, the feature-filled 2200 and 2300 products prove there's a nüvi for every lifestyle and every budget,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin's vice president of worldwide sales. “At work, at home and on vacation, we're all trying to do more with less, and these nüvis can help you save time, save money and save gas every day, on every trip.”

For the busy parent or college student focused on multi-tasking and making the most of every minute and dollar, the nüvi 2200 series with a 3.5” touchscreen interface fits easily into a pocket or purse, features easy-to-use multi-stop routing to plan daily errands and activities, and includes Garmin's ecoRoute fuel-efficient navigation to help drivers conserve fuel and money along the way (www.garmin.com/ecoroute). For those everyday trips, nüvi 2200 models automatically remember your frequent favorite destinations and use myTrends to predict your destination without you needing to activate a route, displaying your travel time and best route. For vacations, nüvi 2200 models' enhanced pedestrian mode can provide public transit options through optional cityXplorer™ content. Available for many major cities and areas at www.garmin.com, cityXplorer helps you navigate like a local by foot or using a combination of buses, metro and suburban rail systems.

For the jet-set professional heading across town or across the world, nüvi 2300 models feature a widescreen 4.3” touchscreen display that lets users preview multiple routes. Cross-country travelers and commuters alike will appreciate the high-end features of the nüvi 2360LT without the high-end price tag. Wherever their appointments take them, nüvi 2360LT owners can go hands-free with Bluetooth wireless technology and compatible phones, or get efficient routing and realistic arrival times with trafficTrends, which recommends routes using historical data and recurring trends that Garmin has collected about traffic in your area at any given time of day. Many of the new nüvi models even feature free lifetime traffic alerts, denoted by the “LT” in the product name.

The dual orientation of nüvi 2360LT is ideal for use while driving or walking, as it lets users see their preloaded maps and intuitive menus in landscape or portrait modes. And the road ahead comes to life with nüvi 2360LT through 3D terrain and shaded topography that provides unrivaled context and situational awareness. When driving, travelers with nüvi 2360LT and other compatible nüvis can tap into ecoRoute HD, an easy-to-install device that transforms nüvi into a real-time diagnostic computer. This not only provides fuel and mileage reports, but you get more accurate fuel consumption/conservation data by tapping into the vehicle's diagnostic system.

All of the newly announced models in the 2200 series and 2300 series feature millions of preloaded points of interest and turn-by-turn directions with spoken street names, and certain models feature a speed limit indicator that displays speed limits for most major roads and alerts drivers who are exceeding the limit. Preloaded mapping is also enhanced as North American coverage (2250, 2250LT, 2350, 2350LT and 2360LT) includes Mexico. Coverage of the lower 48 states (2200, 2300) now also includes Hawaii, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Grand Bahama Island, Nassau and the Cayman Islands. The transatlantic model, nüvi 2370LT, includes detailed mapping for North America and Europe.

To compare features and find the best nüvi for your activities, budget and lifestyle, visit www.garmin.com/ontheroad and use the helpful sort and compare filters. For more about pricing and availability, as well as information about Garmin's other products and services, go to www.garmin.com, www.garmin.blogs.com and www.garmin.com/pr.

Rick James - Nuvi Forum Moderator
Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<
2014 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD

Edited by - NanaimoRick on 02 sept. 2010 17:22:51

Ads

gpspassion

93785 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2010 :  20:09:33  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Interesting new units that take after the impressive 37xx but without the slick form factor, hi resolution and fast processor apparently (see below).

Comments carried over from the 37xx topic :

ubercool : Well, I'm kinda glad I returned my 3790t. Looks like Garmin has introduced a functionally similar model, it can be used vertically or horizontally but without the uber-thin form factor. However, I do like that the Garmin nuvi 2360LMT offers free, lifetime traffic plus maps. It appears to have all the features I want and lists for $300. https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134&pID=87150 - Don't know if it has the same fast chip the 3790t has though.

ZX14NINJA - We're not talking about the same GPS here...and no, it does not have the "same fast chip". It is based on the 1xxx platform. You can't even compare the 2.

Boyd - I have wondered whether this was the case myself. Do you know this for a fact somehow? If the user interface is the same with the 3d map browser, terrain, buildings, etc... then performance is going to be pretty sluggish on the 23x0.

With the lower screen resolution they won't be able to use the same small fonts to label all the streets like they do on the 37x0. I am still really happy with my 3790t, although admittedly it was pricey.

ZX14NINJA - I do know for a fact, yes. It's possible the processor has been upgraded, that much I'm not sure about, but it's still the 1xxx platform.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

Boyd

USA
1712 Posts

Posted - 08 sept. 2010 :  00:34:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to Garmin's spec's, the 2370 doesn't have the dual orientation display of the 2360. Seems odd for what would otherwise appear to be their top model in the series. Do you suppose this is a typo? Garmin's comparison: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/compare.do?cID=134&compareProduct=70239&compareProduct=69452
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93785 Posts

Posted - 08 sept. 2010 :  05:04:29  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good catch but it has to be a typo yes, can't imagine they would waste time removing a feature on the top end model of the family.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

alan sh

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 10 sept. 2010 :  17:44:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Key question for me would be if it works with Mapsource

Alan
Go to Top of Page

SiliconBug

14 Posts

Posted - 21 sept. 2010 :  10:23:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Garmin lists 2360 with 3D terrain view, but not 2370. Could be another typo?
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=133&fKeys=FILTER_SERIES_NUVI2300

Garmin StreetPilot => StreetPilot III => StreetPilot 2610 => iQue 3600 => StreetPilot 2720 => nüvi 765T

Edited by - SiliconBug on 21 sept. 2010 19:42:44
Go to Top of Page

radijator123

Croatia
12 Posts

Posted - 21 sept. 2010 :  15:14:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not a typo - 2360 is THE top model - 2370 has bigger number because it packs USA and Europe maps
Go to Top of Page

wco81

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 16 oct. 2010 :  09:01:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On Amazon, the 2370 isn't released yet but looks like 2360 is in stock?

So it must be available?

Price difference between 2360 and 3790 is about $150.

Dimensions listed are the same but the product description for the 2360 says nothing about how it's as thin as a pencil.

ARe we talking processor differences or also GPS chip differences? Probably both?
Go to Top of Page

caryrae

USA
588 Posts

Posted - 16 oct. 2010 :  13:41:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dimensions are not quite the same.

3790 is 4.8"W x 2.9"H x .35"D (12.2 x 7.5 x .89 cm)
2360 is 4.8"W x 2.9"H x .6"D (12.2 x 7.5 x 1.6 cm)

Go to Top of Page

dcnuvi

Canada
155 Posts

Posted - 30 nov. 2010 :  02:31:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going to jump into a 2360lmt as soon as they are availlable. Does anyone know if the feature of changing maps colors has been carried down from the 3790? Dual orientation has but what else?

Nuvi 2460LMT:Galaxy S Vibrant 2.2: Galaxy Tab: GPSMap 60CSx: Vista: past devices 1490 LMT, XXL540TM,Nuvi760, Nuvi670 & TT920
Go to Top of Page

gatorguy

USA
648 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2010 :  03:00:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd be surprised if Map Themes aren't included. They're in the 1695, and I'd expect they'd be in all the future models, or at least the premium versions of the specific model lines.

Garmin 1695 / 760 / 255 / Navigon for Android / Navigon 8100T / Garmin Dakota 10 / Geomate
Go to Top of Page

BAVC10

United Kingdom
204 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2010 :  03:22:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 22xx series has been available in the UK for some time now but the 2350LT has only just started shipping. Form factor is nowhere near the sleek lines of the 3790 although the prices are £80 less than the 3790 so will look to stick with this model - especially with the "Asian" firmware enhancements.
Go to Top of Page

lumis

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 04 déc. 2010 :  07:03:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this unit going to have 3D buildings and terrain view? Some web pages report both and others just terrain view?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93785 Posts

Posted - 05 janv. 2011 :  20:43:37  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not sure what it will do to the not very popular 22xx/23xx series, but Garmin have just announced the 24xx series with a 5" screen -> http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=139205

UPDATE : Garmin clarified at CES that the 24xx would "complement" the 22xx/23xx line-up...with some new software features it seems (customizable main menu and advanced detours/avoidances)

Go to Top of Page

rmaffeo

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2011 :  08:47:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took a look at the quick start guide, and it appears the 2300 series has a powered mount (something I wished the 13xx had). See http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/nuvi_2300_QSM_EN.pdf for details.
Go to Top of Page

Tom P.

Canada
16 Posts

Posted - 03 févr. 2011 :  17:21:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just received my nuvi 2360 LMT from GPSCity ($259). It replaces my nuvi 650. I wanted bluetooth and voice command.

The first thing I did was to register the 2360 on the Garmin site and check for updates. It reported that my maps were up to date but that there was a software update available. I performed the software update but the notice on Garmin is still there saying an update is available. ?[ed]

The next thing I did was backup the internal memory of the 2360 to my computer. I then copied the contents of my old nuvi SD card to a micro-SD for the 2360. I deleted the music files as the 2360 does not play MP3's. The micro-SD has JPG pictures, POI file and MetroGuide Canada mapset, all from the old nuvi SD card and everything works with the 2360. All of my custom POI's show up in Extras so I did not have to recreate them and use POI Loader.

Next, I copied my old Current.gpx file from the old nuvi to my computer. This file contains all of the Favorites. I renamed it as Temp.gpx on the PC and then copied it to the internal memory of the 2360 in the same folder as its Current.gpx file. When the 2360 was restarted, it copied all of my old favorites into the new Current.gpx file. They all work.

The 2360 is lighter and thinner than the 650 which is a plus. However, it does not have a headphone jack like the 650 due to no MP3 player. The headphone jack was useful when on my motorcycle to hear route commands. I kept the GPS in my pocket and just listened. I don't miss the 650's antenna flap, though.

I connected my cell phone to the nuvi via bluetooth and tested it. I was able to call using voice command on the 2360. Cool!

I tried out several of the voice commands and it recognizes my normal speaking voice quite well. The 2360 wakes up immediately upon saying "Voice Command" and displays a menu of valid commands. Sadly missing is "zoom in" and "zoom out". I really wanted the ability to zoom via voice. Volume and brightness are adjustable via voice command.

The 2360 has a micro-USB port while the old 650 had a mini-USB port. Now I need a USB adapter for my old AC charger to work with the 2360.

Tomorrow, I will test it in the car and see how it performs on the road.

- Tom

nuvi 2360
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,73 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05