Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2250

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Lowrance GPS Systems
 Any news on iWay update DVD?
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

yopie

19 Posts

Posted - 17 août 2010 :  07:26:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
any news as to latest or last update for iway500c
whenwas the last one out and are there any more coming??

Thanks

Edited by - ST-Bob on 17 août 2010 13:15:45

Ads

ST-Bob

USA
3684 Posts

Posted - 17 août 2010 :  13:14:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No news is bad news in my opinion. The whole automotive division including its support and development budget appears to be gone so I doubt we'll ever see another update. It would be different if another (still in production) Lowrance unit used the same update DVD but they don't. There's no reason, from a strictly economic standpoint, for Lowrance to develop, test and release any more updates for the iWay/XOG line. The $74.99 update price simply doesn't generate enough profit to make it worthwhile with the dwindling customer base; especially when (likely) 50% or more of that goes to NavTeq and not the company's coffers.

I guess we're screwed... I do like my Garmin though

Bob Peloquin - Moderator-Lowrance iWay forum
Massachusetts, USA
Various Iways, nüvi 750
Go to Top of Page

J.Mileski

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2010 :  00:36:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I started at the Lowrance site today, and it directed me to this:
http://www.panapacific.com/catalog/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CAT-001&Product_Code=PACCARQ110&Category_Code=COM-007

An update DVD for Iway500c and 600c

Edit: Order at Paccar Dealer (Kenworth or Peterbilt)

I'm calling my dealer tomorrow to see what the price is for Part No. PACCARQ110

Edited by - J.Mileski on 15 sept. 2010 00:41:38
Go to Top of Page

ST-Bob

USA
3684 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2010 :  00:43:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very interesting. No prices without creating an account though. Looks like a place that deals with truckers. Might be a contractual agreement they had to honor when Lowrance made units for Kenworth, Peterbuilt, Freghtliner etc.

Massachusetts, USA
Various Iways, nüvi 750

Edited by - ST-Bob on 15 sept. 2010 00:44:12
Go to Top of Page

J.Mileski

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2010 :  01:01:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just ordered one from the Peterbilt dealer here in Landover MD. My price is $89.24 He did show a Peterbilt dealer in Montreal QB Canada as having one in stock
Go to Top of Page

bcope01

USA
308 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2010 :  08:52:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The NAVTEQ Map Update Q1-10 is what we are all looking for. Wonder what the version 1.7 is, and how does it relate to the latest iWay 500C/600C software updates (ver.1.8.0 and ver. 1.3.0, respectively)?

Bill
iWAY 500C
Go to Top of Page

J.Mileski

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2010 :  10:11:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will have to look at the information screen again, but I think I have Q1-06 ver 1.2 map data. I can only guess that it took the programmers 7 tries to get a version that worked this time, vs only 2 times for Q1-06.

Please don't 'reply with quote' to messages right above or nearly above yours in a thread. Use the reply box or the reply to topic button at the bottom-right of the last post in a topic.

Thanks

Edited by - ST-Bob on 15 sept. 2010 23:32:55
Go to Top of Page

ST-Bob

USA
3684 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2010 :  14:17:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The PACCAR version has a truck dealer/repair shop database which can be enabled by changing the mode in diags to Kenworth or Peterbuilt. I imagine the 1.7 is the PACCAR data version.

Massachusetts, USA
Various Iways, nüvi 750
Go to Top of Page

bcope01

USA
308 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2010 :  18:11:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would you think the PACCAR version would work on all iWay 500C/600C units?

Bill
iWAY 500C
Go to Top of Page

ST-Bob

USA
3684 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2010 :  18:56:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't see why not. The installation macros read the hardware ID (which is changed in the diag menu to normal, KW or Peterbuilt) and loads the correct files to the disk. The PACCAR database is an add-on, not necessary for regular automotive use. The skins for PACCAR units are different but should only be changed if the system software is updated, not the maps (I don't think). You can examine the install macros which are in pseudo-XML before doing the installation to see what will be transferred.

Massachusetts, USA
Various Iways, nüvi 750

Edited by - ST-Bob on 15 sept. 2010 18:57:13
Go to Top of Page

J.Mileski

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2010 :  23:03:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I drive a 2007 Kenworth with the iWAY500c in the dash. I had to upgrade the maps to Q1-06 shortly after I got it. The DVD I got from the Kenworth dealer, and it was the same one I could buy online. The mapping data is the same, the only difference is the truck specific POI's. If you choose to install the truck POI's I think you will have to choose Peterbilt or Kenworth and get the truck splash screen at boot, before the warning screen.

Edited by - ST-Bob on 15 sept. 2010 23:33:36
Go to Top of Page

ST-Bob

USA
3684 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2010 :  23:30:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well let us know how the update works, OK. I don't know if this is a one-time thing or if this means there may be future updates, but I'm very glad there's an update for my 600c no matter where it comes from.

Remember to keep the iWay 500c cool during the couple of hour long update to prevent the disk from overheating. This is/was a known problem on the 500c. I usually set up a small fan to blow over the back of the unit during updates. Couldn't hurt...

Massachusetts, USA
Various Iways, nüvi 750

Edited by - ST-Bob on 15 sept. 2010 23:35:42
Go to Top of Page

J.Mileski

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 16 sept. 2010 :  00:30:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please do not quote the post directly above yours. Use the reply box or the reply to topic button at the bottom right corner of the last post in a topic.

Thank You,

My dealer ordered it on a "stock order", it told him that it comes directly from manufacture. I expect to wait about 2 weeks to get the DVD. He could have ordered it to be delivered sooner, but that adds extra cost to shipping.

I could just start the truck and run the A/C at full blast

Edited by - ST-Bob on 16 sept. 2010 00:43:13
Go to Top of Page

ST-Bob

USA
3684 Posts

Posted - 16 sept. 2010 :  00:45:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And how exactly are you going to get the update into the iWay? If you've got to take the dash apart to get at the USB port, you might as well take the unit indoors and run it off the AC adapter with a fan blowing on it. Or doesn't the KW unit come with any of that stuff?

I doubt the A/C blows on the back of the unit either.

Massachusetts, USA
Various Iways, nüvi 750
Go to Top of Page

J.Mileski

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 16 sept. 2010 :  01:15:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Conveniently, Kenworth added an extension usb cable to the glove box. I can plug in without disassembling the dash. The PACCAR unit hardwired to a 6pin square plug, It does not appear to be a adapter cable, but instead hardwired to the unit itself.

I could not see any fan or port for A/C air to blow on it, I figured if I kept the cab cold enough to wear a jacket, I could keep it from overheating.

Sorry about the quoting I got into the habit on other boards to be clear on what I am commenting on.
Go to Top of Page

ST-Bob

USA
3684 Posts

Posted - 16 sept. 2010 :  01:18:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like Lowrance did a bit of modifying to the KW/Peterbuilt units. Maybe it doesn't even have a rear cover on it. Can you see the back of the unit? If it's got airflow inside the case it should certainly stay cool enough in my opinion.

Massachusetts, USA
Various Iways, nüvi 750

Edited by - ST-Bob on 16 sept. 2010 01:19:11
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,62 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05