Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2403

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 nuvi 37xx software version 2.50 released
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SergZak

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2010 :  20:46:21  Show Profile
UPDATED 20101130 : v3.60 update available -> http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=138746

Original post : http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=5063

Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.50:

* Fixed an issue that could cause a hourglass to display indefinitely during an address search.
* Fixed an issue that could cause a shutdown if viewing the Trip Planner page at the exact second that the trip is scheduled to begin.
* Fixed a potential shutdown when viewing the Where Am I page in certain countries.
* Fixed an issue that could cause the unit to get stuck in the Voice Command interface.
* Fixed a potential lockup when retrieving advertisement data.
* Fixed an issue that could cause a unit to remain stuck on the Loading Maps screen.
* Fixed an issue with the dial tone not using the correct volume level.
* Fixed an issue that could make the Touchscreen unresponsive after resuming.
* Fixed an issue that caused End User License Agreements to incorrectly display in Night mode.
* Fixed a potential shutdown caused by certain map geometry.
* Fixed an issue that would cause a unit to shutdown when images were loaded into multiple folders.
* Fixed an issue that caused the Trip Planner to show incorrect number of days for certain months.
* Fixed an issue that caused maps not to display for certain countries if other maps were loaded.
* Fixed display of two-line destinations in the Trip Planner.
* Fixed an issue that caused Flemish not to display as an available language.
* Fixed a potential issue when calculating a route with traffic.
* Fixed an issue that caused custom Points of Interest alerts to only occur on one side of the road.
* Fixed an issue that could cause unit not to turn ON correctly after Suspending.

nüvi 3490LMT, nüvi 3790LMT, nüvi 765T, nüvi 855, nüvi 760, nüvi 750

Edited by - SergZak on 04 août 2010 20:47:31

Ads

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2010 :  20:50:06  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage
Thanks for the heads up, will now fire up the trusty ol' Webupdater ;-)

Long "shopping" list...
quote:
Fixed an issue that caused custom Points of Interest alerts to only occur on one side of the road.
...but was highly anticipated for sure!

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

BAVC10

United Kingdom
225 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2010 :  20:56:02  Show Profile
Downloaded - no mention of the Mapsouce 'routes' issue being fixed - testing now.

Can't say I have experienced or noticed any of the issues that Garmin have fixed so I wonder where they get their list of "must do" fixes from - surely there are issues on this and other forums which the wider community would have attached greater preference to! Still, Kudos to Garmin for the update
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7762 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2010 :  21:54:57  Show Profile
Had to use Webupdater TWICE before the update was successfully installed but it finally made it to the unit. Still can't upgrade maps to 2011.20 however.

Rick James - Nuvi Forum Moderator
Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<
2014 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD

Go to Top of Page

Joe Buccino

Canada
40 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2010 :  22:03:08  Show Profile
What was your magic? I'm on my fourth try and still no luck...
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7762 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2010 :  22:10:52  Show Profile
Well, don't tell anybody but I pulled the USB cable out of the Nuvi on the second try, instead of 'safely removing hardware'. Don't know if that's the 'magic' or not but the update loaded and installed correctly.

Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<

Go to Top of Page

Joe Buccino

Canada
40 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2010 :  22:17:08  Show Profile
No joy with that trick here. I'm getting a bit frustrated with Garmin's slips lately...

I'd be interested in any other idea. I already tried a "restore", my next step might be a "hard reset".
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7762 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2010 :  22:29:44  Show Profile
Just noticed on another forum that someone with your problem used MyDashboard instead of Webupdater and then pulled the USB cable and that worked for him.

Edited by - NanaimoRick on 04 août 2010 22:42:55
Go to Top of Page

SergZak

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2010 :  23:06:18  Show Profile
Yes, I had to pull the USB cable instead of safely removing the device to get my favorites transferred over to the unit. This is under Win7 64-bit. WinXP 32-bit does not require this "just pull the cable to complete the file transfer". I reported this early on as many others also have. I wonder if v2.50 resolves this issue as it goes totally against everything I've been doing for years now regarding disconnecting external USB devices.

Go to Top of Page

Joe Buccino

Canada
40 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2010 :  23:50:36  Show Profile
MyDashboard and a premature disconnect finally worked for me. Thanks. I hope the next update is a little less problematic.
Go to Top of Page

SergZak

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2010 :  23:59:46  Show Profile
Garmin needs to correct this "pull the cable to properly write the files to the nuvi drive" bug (Win7 64-bit). It's going to cause a lot of issues in updating units for both firmware updates and map updates. If one doesn't know this pull the cable "trick", you can sit there literally all day trying to download the firmware...maps could be an even bigger nightmare. Imagine after downloading/installing the map update (for hours), you safely disconnect the unit and voila! No maps, or the same maps you started with.

Maybe this is why they're holding off on the map updates for the 37xx series.

Go to Top of Page

ronss

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2010 :  03:21:36  Show Profile
couple of points:
1. I had no problem whatsoever in downloading or installing the update. Downloaded in just a couple of minutes and took a couple of minutes more to install.

2. the main screen now has icons for "stop route" "detour" and "phone" even if they are not being used and/or disabled (though in such a state they are grayed out).

3. Haven't "taken it out for a spin" yet; will do so tomorrow morning when I trip to downtown (I'll put the 3790t through its paces then).

ronss
Go to Top of Page

Boyd

USA
1744 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2010 :  04:07:13  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ronss

the main screen now has icons for "stop route" "detour" and "phone" even if they are not being used and/or disabled (though in such a state they are grayed out).

Mine had those right out of the box with no update...
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7762 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2010 :  05:30:43  Show Profile
Mine had the greyed out stop and detour right out of the box. Not sure the phone showed up until I'd paired by phone but once I did a greyed out phone icon was always there when my phone was turned off or out of range.

I've just done a 'hard reset' after doing the 2.50 update and I have the stop and detour icon but no phone as I haven't repaired it yet.

Phone now paired and when turned off the greyed out phone icon is on the screen.

One small thing I noticed is that after the 2.50 update and pairing the phone, tapping the volume icon brings up the Master Volume screen as before but instead of the 'equalizer' icon in the top left corner there is now a 'wrench'. Seems to be the same function - ability to adjust volume for navigation and phone separately.

Go to Top of Page

PouchX

Poland
272 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2010 :  08:21:22  Show Profile  Visit PouchX's Homepage
You can download fimware update manualy:
http://www.garmin.com/software/nuvi37xx_regionfileonly__250.gcd

Rename file to GUPDATE.GCD and copy it into hidden \.System\ directory.
Go to Top of Page

dwayned

5 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2010 :  12:46:08  Show Profile
Any link(s) to the previous 2.20 (or earlier) software ?
Go to Top of Page

SergZak

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2010 :  12:54:03  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by dwayned

Any link(s) to the previous 2.20 (or earlier) software ?

Initial release unit firmware is never available for download from Garmin.

Edited by - SergZak on 05 août 2010 12:55:37
Go to Top of Page

wadokai

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2010 :  16:56:55  Show Profile
@Rick: Thanks fer the (pull cable) tip for installing v 2.50 worked fine fer me !!

cya, have a nice day.
Go to Top of Page

davenull

France
142 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2010 :  21:15:19  Show Profile
quote:
rename file to GUPDATE.GCD and copy it into hidden \.System\ directory.

Done... what next to run the update process? An hard reset?

Garmin Nüvi 3760T – 4.90
Carto 2011.20 ALL
Go to Top of Page

PouchX

Poland
272 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2010 :  06:00:54  Show Profile  Visit PouchX's Homepage
Turn off and turn on your Nuvi. (full power off/on mode, not stand by)
Update will start by itself.

Edited by - PouchX on 06 août 2010 06:01:34
Go to Top of Page

davenull

France
142 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2010 :  10:45:59  Show Profile
Unfortunately, this manual update does'nt work for me. I've tried with a name in all maj or all min... nothing happens at reboot.
File copied with the good old cp command on my mac.
Not a big deal.. i will wait to go back home to update via the updater

Garmin Nüvi 3760T – 4.90
Carto 2011.20 ALL
Go to Top of Page

simfan

Belgium
69 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2010 :  13:00:41  Show Profile
I used 3790T, WebUpdater and WinXP Pro SP3 and this combo worked fine the first time. Then after v 2 50 update file download, also with Webupdater, I selected for install the extra 'nuvi keyboards' (whatever that means).
Booting the 3790T for the v 2.50 update it took quite a while (at first I thought it hung, but it displayed a special message and came thru after 2 minutes or so).
I can report that the Flemish voice (Ellen) is now indeed included with v 2.50 (which I will be using when driving in Belgium).
I don't see any other changes (visually) since I don't yet use Bluetooth with it (I read something is visually changed there too).
Internally there may be more than that (as described), but I couldn't test that yet.
Thanks Garmin.
Go to Top of Page

discoboy1

7 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2010 :  15:49:17  Show Profile
I upgraded from a NUvi 360, I use to be able with my current phone to access my phonebook, my text messages, it would even read them to me, now with the 3790t all those features are gone.... Do you think a software update will fix this eventually? I am disappointed for the price of the unit...
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7762 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2010 :  16:21:04  Show Profile
Welcome to our forum discpboy1. This seems to be a common situation with the 3790T. In my case I have a Samsung and a Motorola phone where the phonebook always appeared on my 760 and 1490. Haven't seen it yet on the 3790. I believe one of our other members has reported the same issue with an Iphone. If your phone is on Garmin's compatibility list, then you may want to contact their support as the more people that report phone problem, the better chance we have of them fixing the issues.

Go to Top of Page

discoboy1

7 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2010 :  17:29:45  Show Profile
Thank you Rick for your answer, my phone is not on their list, but it was still working , it seems their compatibility page for the 3790t is down at the moment...
I sent a mail to their customer support but as always I got a long reply and no real answers... I ll wait and see!

Edited by - discoboy1 on 06 août 2010 17:30:30
Go to Top of Page

Dewi

623 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2010 :  17:46:15  Show Profile
After updating to 2.50 and doing a hard reset, my Voice Command stopped working, since the command phrase was changed to "" from "Voice Command". I had to re-enter the command phrase to get it working again.
Go to Top of Page

neadrenalin

478 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2010 :  21:37:46  Show Profile  Visit neadrenalin's Homepage
Dewi,
Could you test following: set Voice command, then change Text language to another one, then power off/on device (complete turn off), and then set old Text. Then check if Voice command is changed for your language?

Another pretty one issue with voice command. Activate this menu. Then just wait for xx min until the lock screen. Then try to unlock screen and try to reach main menu (Exit from Voice command). Impossible! Just full restart.

NanaimoRick,
I can confirm that with iPhone this device works normally.

Edited by - neadrenalin on 06 août 2010 21:41:29
Go to Top of Page

Dewi

623 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2010 :  22:03:54  Show Profile
@neadrenalin:
1. I had Australian English (Karen) voice set, with American English text. I then changed the text language to Italian. I powered off/on and then set the text language back to American English. The voice language then changed to American English (Jill). So yes, the voice language did change.
2. I can confirm that when it goes into a timeout lock with the voice command menu open it can't exit from the voice command menu -- it has to be powered off. Indeed a bug.
Go to Top of Page

figaro331

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 07 août 2010 :  16:23:33  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by NanaimoRick

Had to use Webupdater TWICE before the update was successfully installed but it finally made it to the unit. Still can't upgrade maps to 2011.20 however.

Also, I've found another bug which prevent the unit to be updated via Web Updater:
1. OS of Garmin Nuvi 3790T is based on FAT32 File System;
2. Most of current OS's based on x64 bits NTFS or Unix systems whether its Windows 7 or Mac;
3. Using in x64 bits Windows 7 and Mac Snow Leopard(of course, the current versions) Garmin Web Updater was unable to write new version 2.5 on Garmin Internal Memory(see #1) despite my numerous attempts(I've spent the whole evening, about 7 hours, trying to update-no success !)
4. As soon as I've tried Win XP (x32 bits) and Mac Snow Leopard(x32 bits) everything was fine-succesfull attempt from the 1st time;
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7762 Posts

Posted - 07 août 2010 :  17:19:34  Show Profile
It may well be something to do with Windows 7 64Bit but as reported, I was able to get the firmware update installed after pulling out the USB cable instead of using "safely remove hardware". I updated the maps to 2011.20 Friday night with no problem however.

Edited by - NanaimoRick on 07 août 2010 19:20:02
Go to Top of Page

NYC Traveler

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 07 août 2010 :  17:29:11  Show Profile
I have Mac Snow Leopard and after two failed attempts, pulled out the cable and that one worked. Got the usual error/warning message, but didn't see any issues.

New maps updated fine...took a while as expected. Still see mistakes in places near me - wrong side of street which is typical of Navteq.

Other than that and the fact that traffic info is fairly non-existent even in Chicago, outside DC, this unit is the best yet.
Go to Top of Page

ChibiPaw

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 11 août 2010 :  08:02:02  Show Profile
I've figured out why the updates are not working, and it only works for those who yanks their cables out instead of properly dismounting the drive.

Its simple, it was another bug within the 37xxt series in which the OS itself check for the existence of the GUPDATE.GCD file unless the system encounters an unmountable file system.
In which the GPS unit goes into a "chkdsk" mode to repair potential corruption and kicks off system file checking routines.
Once that happens, it will find the GUPDATE.GCD file and begin the loader for firmware writing.

for the TL;DR,
1 download the gcd file manually
2 rename and copy the gcd file to the unit as what PounchX described
3 disconnect the unit WITHOUT properly closing the file system (eg, yank the cord, dont safely disconnect or eject the drive if you're on a mac)
4 ????
5 PROFIT
Go to Top of Page

dwillens

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 11 août 2010 :  16:03:40  Show Profile
Sorry if this was covered elsewhere. How do you "manually download" the gcd file? Is there an option to do that once the unit is connected to myDashboard? Or should I be looking somewhere else for the file?
Go to Top of Page

SergZak

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 11 août 2010 :  16:32:23  Show Profile
No option in myDashboard nor WebUpdater to "manually download" the GCD file but Webupdater will supply the link to the changelog page. See http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=125920 for the complete changelog link list.

You need to know the link to the file which the changelog page will give you (if you view the page source):
http://www.garmin.com/software/nuvi37xx_regionfileonly__250.gcd

Edited by - SergZak on 11 août 2010 16:46:00
Go to Top of Page

dwillens

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 11 août 2010 :  18:40:26  Show Profile
Thanks SergZak! I would never have figured that out for myself.

Edit: per the instructions in this post, downloaded the GCD file, renamed it, copied it to the hidden system directory, pulled out the USB plug, turned the unit on, unit says "software loading" and installed the update. No problem. Took no more than five minutes from beginning to end. Thanks everyone.

Further edit: ok now have used the updated unit for a few days, have some comments.

1) My unscientific observation is that the touch screen seems to be working much better, more responsive to presses.

2) Traffic data seems MUCH less stable, I mean like less than 50% of the time now am I actually getting data where before it was like 80%. I have no idea if it is related to the update, perhaps just coincidence. I have noticed that turning the unit off then on immediately results in retrieving traffic data for a few minutes, after which the data is again lost. Something weird is going on here, I don't think it is just an antenna issue.

3) Custom POIs seem to be working pretty well.

Edited by - dwillens on 14 août 2010 01:41:27
Go to Top of Page

hcornea

Australia
599 Posts

Posted - 14 août 2010 :  08:04:27  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by dwillens
[.... My unscientific observation is that the touch screen seems to be working much better, more responsive to presses....

I would definitely agree with that. Will be looking to see whether some of the "lockout" issues with the "Done" button have been fixed.

Haven't seen traffic on my unit yet, but I didn't in my area with the 660 either.

Garmin Streetpilot c320, Garmin GPSMap 60Csx, Garmin Nuvi 660, ForeRunner 305, Carminder GPS (Yes I'm hooked)
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 14 août 2010 :  11:01:55  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage
Finally updated my 3790T too using the manual method, will be keeping an eye on traffic and looking forward to an improved response of the touchscreen as it sometimes got "stuck" when scrolling long lists, like the recent locations.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

aerialphoto

22 Posts

Posted - 14 août 2010 :  18:18:46  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by SergZak

Yes, I had to pull the USB cable instead of safely removing the device to get my favorites transferred over to the unit. This is under Win7 64-bit.

FWIW I'm using Win-7 64-bit and did a "safely remove hardware" thing. Update worked perfectly first time. Dunno why :)

Street Pilot III - GPS-90 - GPSMAP-196 - GPSMAP-496 - Nuvi 3750 - GisTeq DPL700
Go to Top of Page

Boyd

USA
1744 Posts

Posted - 15 août 2010 :  01:13:03  Show Profile
Just installed the update without problems, although I didn't use the "safely remove" in Vista - just in case. I have to say, I don't notice any difference in touchscreen response. But I have only used it briefly. Accessing some of the menu items, I still had to peck repeatedly at the buttons to hit them "just right". Perhaps I will notice a difference after using it more? But if there is one, I think it's minor.

The release notes don't claim to have changed anything about the touchscreen really, just that they fixed an issue that caused the screen not to respond after resuming (which I assume means waking up from sleep mode). That would be very different from "tuning" the overall response of the screen (which is what it needs).

But don't lose heart.... they finally got it right on the 7x5 series after about two years.

Edited by - Boyd on 15 août 2010 01:17:15
Go to Top of Page

dwillens

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 26 août 2010 :  23:41:46  Show Profile
So I finally got fed up with the intermittent traffic issues and sent Garmin an email about it. I immediately received an email back saying that they would replace the power/antenna cord, that maybe it is an FM antenna issue. Should I bother? It sounds like others have been through this in the past and that replacing the cord did not make any difference.

Damon
Go to Top of Page

darrengsaw

United Kingdom
54 Posts

Posted - 28 août 2010 :  17:27:07  Show Profile
As usual it appears you need to own a Garmin unit for about a year before they iron out the plethora of bugs in the firmware.

All the issues I have read about on here re: the 3790 sound very similar to those experienced by owners of 13xx and 14xx units for the first 8 or 9 months after introduction.

Don't worry people, it will only take about 10 firmware updates before it works properly!!
Go to Top of Page

bhassell

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08 sept. 2010 :  02:27:15  Show Profile
2.5 Upgrade woes...

Called Garmin today after no reply to Email following upgrade that resulted in Loss of Voice Capabilities....Have seen other posts as well but can confirm that since upgrade to 2.5, no longer can Voice Command 3 Key choices...Find by Name, Find Address, Find City...

Find by name answers..."This feature is not available for American English"

Find Address and Find City both answer..."This feature is not available for United States"

These are KEY functions for Voice Commands, not fluff...

Was advised by the Garmin Help Desk person to reinstall upgrade, Master Reset etc. none of which brought any improvement but lost DATA. Was advised then that Garmin Engineers are aware of the problem and expect to re-release another update soon...but no commit on time frame....Wife not a happy camper as was her BD gift and Voice Command was a Major Pleaser for her. Also, note and echo complaints of Slow or No FM Traffic now since Upgrade also...thanks
Go to Top of Page

rtsouza

Brazil
23 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2010 :  14:39:29  Show Profile
Dears,

I've recentlly bought a nuvi 3750 , and yesterday I was updating some voice files via Web Updater, but after it the unit doesn't turn on anymore. In fact it starts to load and just after the message "loading maps" appear the unit turn off automatically.
Also the USB connection is not possible.

Any one can help me recovering the unit??

Many Thanks

rtsouza
nüvi 255W / nüvi 3750
Go to Top of Page

beetle-m

Poland
265 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2010 :  14:55:19  Show Profile  Visit beetle-m's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by rtsouza in other thread

@ beetle-m
The Battery is fully charged. It hapenned after a 3 hours trip with the unit plugged into my car charger.
Maybe I'm wrong but IMO you should try again if your nuvi will start automatically (car charger).
After this test you will be sure your car charger was/is good and your battery is really fully charged. It is easy test to be 100% sure.

Did you upgrade only voice files or also firmware ?
Any SD card inside nuvi ? Remove before next steps.

mariusz
nüvi 3490T (105-01652-00), nüvi 760 (006-B0754-00) & still 250W (006-B0737-00)

Edited by - beetle-m on 22 oct. 2010 14:56:57
Go to Top of Page

rtsouza

Brazil
23 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2010 :  15:07:15  Show Profile
@beetle-m
When I plug the nuvi to car chager it strats automatically and enters in a loop. Turns off after "loading maps" message and then turns on again and remain in loop for ever. The same thing when I plugg it to an USB.

I was updating only voice files, never touched the firmware.

I removed already the SD card but it remains the same.

There is an cure firmware for this unit already?

Thanks

rtsouza
nüvi 255W / nüvi 3750
Go to Top of Page

figaro331

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2010 :  15:25:33  Show Profile
Try to reboot your nuvi and if it doesn't work-means it's defective and you have to replace it.
Go to Top of Page

rtsouza

Brazil
23 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2010 :  16:25:15  Show Profile
Dears,

I Managed to recover the unit.
What I made was whe the unit was starting the boot I pressed and hold the power off button until appear a screen asking if I want to power off, ansewred yes and the unit powered of ant then when I tryed to turn it on again it worked.
The problem is that The Voice Brazilian Potugueses TTS file, The Portuguese text files , the Keyborad Language files and keyboard lay-out files was missing.
I managed to recover the voice and text files (had it in my back up, but the Keyboard language and lay-out I don't back-up .

Does anyone can dend me such files?

Thanks

rtsouza
nüvi 255W / nüvi 3750
Go to Top of Page

figaro331

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2010 :  16:54:36  Show Profile
Why don't you use a webupdater to get additional software containing voice and keyboard layouts?
Go to Top of Page

rtsouza

Brazil
23 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2010 :  16:57:09  Show Profile
I've used, but the keyboards doesn't appear on webupdate.

rtsouza
nüvi 255W / nüvi 3750
Go to Top of Page

figaro331

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2010 :  17:07:16  Show Profile
Use your dashboard instead.
Go to Top of Page

rtsouza

Brazil
23 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2010 :  18:40:52  Show Profile
@ figaro331
Dashboard doesn't solve it!

rtsouza
nüvi 255W / nüvi 3750
Go to Top of Page

beetle-m

Poland
265 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2010 :  20:27:29  Show Profile  Visit beetle-m's Homepage
I cannot promise success but try to perform "master reset" = restore default settings.

Keep pressing speedometer to go to "Diagnostic page"
-> "Clear all user data" -> "Yes".
After that select your country from list.

Backup Current.gpx file from \Gpx folder before.

mariusz
Go to Top of Page

rtsouza

Brazil
23 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2010 :  20:35:38  Show Profile
Doesn't work also

If I Look into /Keyboard/ it's empty !!!

rtsouza
nüvi 255W / nüvi 3750

Edited by - rtsouza on 22 oct. 2010 20:39:49
Go to Top of Page

figaro331

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2010 :  22:58:47  Show Profile
In this case try to reinstall current device firmware/software using Webupdater.

continued : OS of this unit based on FAT32 format. Maybe SSD Garmin uses for these units is corrupted. In that case you can make chkdisk command to check the structure of this drive and repair it if necessary. If nothing seems to work I would replace this unit if this option still possible.
Go to Top of Page

AussieDJM

Australia
121 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2010 :  04:51:14  Show Profile
@rtsouza
do you still require the 3970 keyboard files? I can post missing file on rapidshare or similar for you to download if forum has no issues.
Go to Top of Page

rtsouza

Brazil
23 Posts

Posted - 25 oct. 2010 :  16:22:36  Show Profile
@AussieDJM
Yes , that's it !! If you could post the keyboard files I would be very gratefull!!

Thanks

rtsouza
nüvi 255W / nüvi 3750
Go to Top of Page

rtsouza

Brazil
23 Posts

Posted - 25 oct. 2010 :  19:23:14  Show Profile
Dears,

Following all this issue with my nuvi 3750 I've receive from Garmin a copy of original USA firware and updater.

If someone is interested here is the link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RWWCIHR0

Regards

rtsouza
nüvi 255W / nüvi 3750
Go to Top of Page

SergZak

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 25 oct. 2010 :  23:50:33  Show Profile
Hmmm...original US firmware was (I believe) v2.20, then went to 2.30 and is now currently at v2.50. Looking at the name of the file in the zip package (110100010260.rgn) and looking at the file in TurboCCC's RGN_Tool, it sure looks like v2.60 to me. Anyone care to flash it to their 37xx to verify?

Edited by - SergZak on 26 oct. 2010 00:17:39
Go to Top of Page

PouchX

Poland
272 Posts

Posted - 26 oct. 2010 :  00:02:37  Show Profile  Visit PouchX's Homepage
I can flash but link is dead.
Go to Top of Page

SergZak

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 26 oct. 2010 :  00:14:24  Show Profile
PouchX, keep trying the link. It says the file is "temporarily unavailable" but you may be able to eventually get it. I got it by repeatedly trying (~5 tries) and I got it earlier today (first try) a bit after the post with the link was first made.

EDIT 1: I got it again just now @ 3:16p Pacific Time.

EDIT 2: If you can't get it, email me through the forum and I'll send you the link to a mirror.

Edited by - SergZak on 26 oct. 2010 00:27:05
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 26 oct. 2010 :  00:33:21  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage
Since it's an update sent by Garmin it was uploaded on the server : >> LINK << - FW is dated 09/21/2010 so not very recent.

Go to Top of Page

SergZak

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 26 oct. 2010 :  00:37:54  Show Profile
Well, the zip filename states that it's v2.5 but it may very well in reality be v2.60 since both the region file name (110100010260.rgn) and RGN_Tool indicate that it's v2.60 and not v2.50.

Go to Top of Page

PouchX

Poland
272 Posts

Posted - 26 oct. 2010 :  00:38:55  Show Profile  Visit PouchX's Homepage
It can be some kind of beta version which was compiled 21-09-2010.
Maybe Garmin will publish higher version in few days.
Anyway... 110100010260.rgn is 2.60 for sure. (not 2.50)
Go to Top of Page

SergZak

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 26 oct. 2010 :  00:44:35  Show Profile
I'll bet that this v2.60 region file is actually v2.50 but renamed to v2.60 and being used as an internal Garmin release...that is, unless there are some obvious changes in the firmware. Do you notice anything different, PouchX (if you've actually flashed it)?

Go to Top of Page

PouchX

Poland
272 Posts

Posted - 26 oct. 2010 :  00:47:53  Show Profile  Visit PouchX's Homepage
Just compered to 2.50.rgn
File lenght is exactly the same.

Now, I doubt it is new firmware.
But I will test it.

Edited by - PouchX on 26 oct. 2010 00:48:15
Go to Top of Page

rtsouza

Brazil
23 Posts

Posted - 26 oct. 2010 :  12:04:47  Show Profile
Dears,

This firmware I received from Garmin International Support Team.

I flashed my unit with it to recover it , and now the unit is working and says the SW version is 2.50

continued : Does anyone can send me the 37xx Keyboard files ?
Mine were deleted and I have no backup.
thanks

rtsouza
nüvi 255W / nüvi 3750
Go to Top of Page

beetle-m

Poland
265 Posts

Posted - 26 oct. 2010 :  21:27:26  Show Profile  Visit beetle-m's Homepage
@rtsouza
Check here: http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=138159

mariusz
Go to Top of Page

rtsouza

Brazil
23 Posts

Posted - 26 oct. 2010 :  21:43:26  Show Profile
Finally my Protuguese qwerty keyboard is back !!!

Many Thanks beetle-m mariusz

rtsouza
nüvi 255W / nüvi 3750
Go to Top of Page

fredg4025

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 30 oct. 2010 :  23:23:28  Show Profile
I downloaded ver 2.5 firmware updater but when I run the updater, it does not see the Nuvi 3790. The web updater and the garmin dashboard see the nuvi OK. Any ideas on what the problem maybe?

Fred
Go to Top of Page

rtsouza

Brazil
23 Posts

Posted - 31 oct. 2010 :  20:32:13  Show Profile
@fredg4025

Try to turn on the unit , touch and hold the battery simbol until it enter the test mode, Then connect the usb cable to the unit and computer. After that maybe the updater will see your unit.

rtsouza
nüvi 255W / nüvi 3750
Go to Top of Page

fredg4025

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 31 oct. 2010 :  22:26:45  Show Profile
Thanks rstsouza. I tried this and it did not work. I am not sure why since the device manager sees both the flash memory on the nuvi and the SD card sort. Is this a software update or an firmware update? My system has ver 2.50 software and ver 2.20 firmware.

Thanks

Fred
Go to Top of Page

AussieDJM

Australia
121 Posts

Posted - 04 nov. 2010 :  07:03:38  Show Profile
@fredg4025
If updating firmware drag the .rgn file and drop it onto the updater.exe file. Updater will open. Select the USB mode and get ready to plug in 37xx.

Now to get the 37xx into the pre-boot mode:
1. Plug usb into 37xx (not pc) and turn on your 37xxt, after it boots up, press on the battery icon to display 'inventory page', then click 'Exit' button icon. 37xx will now reboot.
2. As soon as it starts to re-boot press and hold your finger on the top left corner of the screen (holding unit horizontally). Be quick!
3. Right above the letter "G " in Garmin (top centre of screen)you should now see in small green text the word "system". This indicates 37xx is now in PreBoot mode.
4.Keeping your finger on corner of screen quickly connect USB to PC. Now the updater should recognise your device. Click ok before the green word "system" goes away.
Go to Top of Page

fredg4025

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07 nov. 2010 :  01:26:34  Show Profile
Hello AussieDJM,

Thanks for the info. That did the trick. I worked well. Thanks again for your help.

Fred
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 01 déc. 2010 :  01:38:59  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage
v3.60 version now available : http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=138746

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2015_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2,61 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05