Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2275

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 nuvi 37xx software version 2.50 released
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

SergZak

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2010 :  20:46:21  Show Profile
UPDATED 20101130 : v3.60 update available -> http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=138746

Original post : http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=5063

Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.50:

* Fixed an issue that could cause a hourglass to display indefinitely during an address search.
* Fixed an issue that could cause a shutdown if viewing the Trip Planner page at the exact second that the trip is scheduled to begin.
* Fixed a potential shutdown when viewing the Where Am I page in certain countries.
* Fixed an issue that could cause the unit to get stuck in the Voice Command interface.
* Fixed a potential lockup when retrieving advertisement data.
* Fixed an issue that could cause a unit to remain stuck on the Loading Maps screen.
* Fixed an issue with the dial tone not using the correct volume level.
* Fixed an issue that could make the Touchscreen unresponsive after resuming.
* Fixed an issue that caused End User License Agreements to incorrectly display in Night mode.
* Fixed a potential shutdown caused by certain map geometry.
* Fixed an issue that would cause a unit to shutdown when images were loaded into multiple folders.
* Fixed an issue that caused the Trip Planner to show incorrect number of days for certain months.
* Fixed an issue that caused maps not to display for certain countries if other maps were loaded.
* Fixed display of two-line destinations in the Trip Planner.
* Fixed an issue that caused Flemish not to display as an available language.
* Fixed a potential issue when calculating a route with traffic.
* Fixed an issue that caused custom Points of Interest alerts to only occur on one side of the road.
* Fixed an issue that could cause unit not to turn ON correctly after Suspending.

nüvi 3490LMT, nüvi 3790LMT, nüvi 765T, nüvi 855, nüvi 760, nüvi 750

Edited by - SergZak on 04 août 2010 20:47:31

Ads

gpspassion

93999 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2010 :  20:50:06  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage
Thanks for the heads up, will now fire up the trusty ol' Webupdater ;-)

Long "shopping" list...
quote:
Fixed an issue that caused custom Points of Interest alerts to only occur on one side of the road.
...but was highly anticipated for sure!

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

BAVC10

United Kingdom
217 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2010 :  20:56:02  Show Profile
Downloaded - no mention of the Mapsouce 'routes' issue being fixed - testing now.

Can't say I have experienced or noticed any of the issues that Garmin have fixed so I wonder where they get their list of "must do" fixes from - surely there are issues on this and other forums which the wider community would have attached greater preference to! Still, Kudos to Garmin for the update
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7733 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2010 :  21:54:57  Show Profile
Had to use Webupdater TWICE before the update was successfully installed but it finally made it to the unit. Still can't upgrade maps to 2011.20 however.

Rick James - Nuvi Forum Moderator
Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<
2014 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD

Go to Top of Page

Joe Buccino

Canada
40 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2010 :  22:03:08  Show Profile
What was your magic? I'm on my fourth try and still no luck...
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7733 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2010 :  22:10:52  Show Profile
Well, don't tell anybody but I pulled the USB cable out of the Nuvi on the second try, instead of 'safely removing hardware'. Don't know if that's the 'magic' or not but the update loaded and installed correctly.

Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<

Go to Top of Page

Joe Buccino

Canada
40 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2010 :  22:17:08  Show Profile
No joy with that trick here. I'm getting a bit frustrated with Garmin's slips lately...

I'd be interested in any other idea. I already tried a "restore", my next step might be a "hard reset".
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7733 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2010 :  22:29:44  Show Profile
Just noticed on another forum that someone with your problem used MyDashboard instead of Webupdater and then pulled the USB cable and that worked for him.

Edited by - NanaimoRick on 04 août 2010 22:42:55
Go to Top of Page

SergZak

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2010 :  23:06:18  Show Profile
Yes, I had to pull the USB cable instead of safely removing the device to get my favorites transferred over to the unit. This is under Win7 64-bit. WinXP 32-bit does not require this "just pull the cable to complete the file transfer". I reported this early on as many others also have. I wonder if v2.50 resolves this issue as it goes totally against everything I've been doing for years now regarding disconnecting external USB devices.

Go to Top of Page

Joe Buccino

Canada
40 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2010 :  23:50:36  Show Profile
MyDashboard and a premature disconnect finally worked for me. Thanks. I hope the next update is a little less problematic.
Go to Top of Page

SergZak

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2010 :  23:59:46  Show Profile
Garmin needs to correct this "pull the cable to properly write the files to the nuvi drive" bug (Win7 64-bit). It's going to cause a lot of issues in updating units for both firmware updates and map updates. If one doesn't know this pull the cable "trick", you can sit there literally all day trying to download the firmware...maps could be an even bigger nightmare. Imagine after downloading/installing the map update (for hours), you safely disconnect the unit and voila! No maps, or the same maps you started with.

Maybe this is why they're holding off on the map updates for the 37xx series.

Go to Top of Page

ronss

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2010 :  03:21:36  Show Profile
couple of points:
1. I had no problem whatsoever in downloading or installing the update. Downloaded in just a couple of minutes and took a couple of minutes more to install.

2. the main screen now has icons for "stop route" "detour" and "phone" even if they are not being used and/or disabled (though in such a state they are grayed out).

3. Haven't "taken it out for a spin" yet; will do so tomorrow morning when I trip to downtown (I'll put the 3790t through its paces then).

ronss
Go to Top of Page

Boyd

USA
1725 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2010 :  04:07:13  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ronss

the main screen now has icons for "stop route" "detour" and "phone" even if they are not being used and/or disabled (though in such a state they are grayed out).

Mine had those right out of the box with no update...
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7733 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2010 :  05:30:43  Show Profile
Mine had the greyed out stop and detour right out of the box. Not sure the phone showed up until I'd paired by phone but once I did a greyed out phone icon was always there when my phone was turned off or out of range.

I've just done a 'hard reset' after doing the 2.50 update and I have the stop and detour icon but no phone as I haven't repaired it yet.

Phone now paired and when turned off the greyed out phone icon is on the screen.

One small thing I noticed is that after the 2.50 update and pairing the phone, tapping the volume icon brings up the Master Volume screen as before but instead of the 'equalizer' icon in the top left corner there is now a 'wrench'. Seems to be the same function - ability to adjust volume for navigation and phone separately.

Go to Top of Page

PouchX

Poland
272 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2010 :  08:21:22  Show Profile  Visit PouchX's Homepage
You can download fimware update manualy:
http://www.garmin.com/software/nuvi37xx_regionfileonly__250.gcd

Rename file to GUPDATE.GCD and copy it into hidden \.System\ directory.
Go to Top of Page

dwayned

5 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2010 :  12:46:08  Show Profile
Any link(s) to the previous 2.20 (or earlier) software ?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,67 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05