Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2317

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket 4.0 (Unlock for GPS devices)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 190

Rugged

5 Posts

Posted - 27 oct. 2010 :  15:44:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I get the feeling that this is a very basis question I am asking, but after hours of reading the forum, it appears everybody has one type of GPS device or another.

I have a Webpad Tablet PC that is running Windows CE 5.0 Pro Plus (not the stripped down Core). This tablet boots to the standard Windows desktop. It does not fire up any applications like GPS etc etc. I have downloaded MP, unzipped the files - but what to do next? The tablet has persistent memory, and I can store changes made in the registry from app in Control Panel, however any changes made to the 40mb partition that contains Windows is lost on reboot, boot changes and additions to the secondary drive, called Flashstorage is saved, unless a hard reset is done from Control Panel (The 512mb internal ssd is split into 40mb/452mb.

Since I do not have any application that automatically launches, how do I get MP started. I have tried \Windows\Startup\MioAutoRun.exe, or a link to it on the Flashstorage drive and inserting the link into 'init' in the registry, but those do not work.

Please help !
Go to Top of Page

Hawk80

Mexico
4 Posts

Posted - 28 oct. 2010 :  01:25:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone.

I've one problem with power settings, I don't know how disable it...each 20 sec. aprox. appear one window with a menu (hibernate, shutdown, .. etc)...
I've Destinator 9 installed, and each 20 sec. I've to watch that window....
Somebody could tell me how resolve that please?

sorry for my english! :P
Go to Top of Page

fyrusher

1 Posts

Posted - 28 oct. 2010 :  01:46:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

I have R66 installed into Magellan Maestro 4370, everything seems working fine, but I could not get Skinchanger loads, It stuck on the "Loading screen" .can some one give me any clue about it.

Edited by - fyrusher on 28 oct. 2010 02:58:31
Go to Top of Page

Sprako

7 Posts

Posted - 29 oct. 2010 :  09:50:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

My problem is that the TIME ZONE seem to change by itself.
Have not figured out exactly what I do in MioPocet when it changes but suddenly time zone is west central africa GMT+1.

Could be when I close MioPocet and work in windows CE 5.0.

My time zone is +2.

I also have to adjust clock two hours forward besides changeing time zone back.

Sometimes device locks up after this is corrected.

Any ideas?

Edit: One thing I thought about was I have 'Regional And Language Settings' set to English, whitch is not 'right' for me but this would hardly cause this problem.

j

Edited by - Sprako on 29 oct. 2010 12:37:41
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 30 oct. 2010 :  04:37:29  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
legion89,
MioAutoRun\Scripts\ShellStart.exe

gpsno1,
I can't understand your post.

repmek,
I've taken a look and seen no problem with the mentioned file. I would open it and check that the mentioned line isn't the last line, since it shouldn't be. Perhaps re-copying it from the MioPocket zip will help.

uhi711,
I'm glad to hear it. Congrats on figuring it out. Yeah, now that you mention it, the keyboard driver sometimes controls hardware power buttons and that gets replaced when installing the JOTKBD keyboard in MioPocket. If you ever install MioPocket again, remember not to install JOTKBD.

mrcorn,
1. Thanks for letting me know. I don't know why that is or what to do about it, but I'll keep it in mind.
2. The GPS port scan utility doesn't detect it properly 100% of the time. I suggest running it a handful of times and going with the most consistent result. You can also try to detect (or verify) the port and rate manually via some of the utilities in the lower half of the GPS Utilities menu.

Rugged,
You can just copy the MioAutoRun folder, MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr and MortScript.exe to the root of your flash drive, then run MioAutoRun.exe. You don't need to add MioAutoRun.exe to startup in any way, since installing MioPocket (which happens when you run MioAutoRun.exe) takes care of that for you. If you still have problems, let me know.

Hawk80,
It's not MioPocket's power menu (the same one that you see when you press the X in the upper-right corner of MioPocket), is it? Does it display even when you're using MioPocket (i.e. outside of Destinator)? If so, when it's up, trying moving it out of the way, minimizing it or whatever and then run one of the task managers to identify which executable is responsible for it. Discovering which file is responsible goes a long way to figuring out what's causing it.

fyrusher,
Hmm. Try deleting your MioAutoRun\Skin\SkinChanger folder and re-copying the one from the MioPocket zip. I imagine that the problem is just a corrupt file.

Sprako,
It might be the GPS time synchronization. Try disabling that in MioPocket Settings -> System.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe

Edited by - Osprey on 30 oct. 2010 04:49:14
Go to Top of Page

Spike109

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - 30 oct. 2010 :  07:54:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have tried to install this on Navman S30 and all I get is a blue screen. This is what I see after booting with SD card in http://www.flickr.com/photos/53830488@N07/5127964480/ and then I get a blue screen and nothing else http://www.flickr.com/photos/53830488@N07/5127967094/ , The SD card Dir = http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1133/5127967124_bff78807ca_m.jpg . Please help me. Such a newbi..

ty
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 30 oct. 2010 :  09:25:21  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Spike109,
It's curious that I see (from your third screenshot) that the Backup, My Documents and Application Data folders were created, since those are created during installation. If you delete those, are they recreated? Also, does the blue screen happen after you choose "Run MioPocket" from the startup menu or do you not see any menu at all? Ensure that StartupMenu=1 in MioAutoRun\MioPocket.ini. Oh, back to the Backup folder, if it's re-created, what are the last few lines in InstallLog.txt?

Go to Top of Page

Spike109

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - 30 oct. 2010 :  11:41:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

Spike109,
It's curious that I see (from your third screenshot) that the Backup, My Documents and Application Data folders were created, since those are created during installation. If you delete those, are they recreated? Also, does the blue screen happen after you choose "Run MioPocket" from the startup menu or do you not see any menu at all? Ensure that StartupMenu=1 in MioAutoRun\MioPocket.ini. Oh, back to the Backup folder, if it's re-created, what are the last few lines in InstallLog.txt?

YES the Backup, My Documents and Application Data folders do return after being deleted.
Blue screen comes up after it reboots during MP install. Then no menu at all.
Made a quick vid.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/53830488@N07/5127676335/

StartupMenu=1 (YES)

MioPocket Install Log

=Log starts here=

BUT NOTHING HERE??????????????????
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MioPocket Startup Log

=Log starts here=

Initialize.mscr: Checking whether MioPocket is installed...
Initialize.mscr: Killing startup apps...
Initialize.mscr: Mio Moov-only. Running a Moov app that controls the the backlight on certain Moovs...
Initialize.mscr: Manually running Explorer to provide taskbar functionality...
Initialize.mscr: Running the PowerButton app to capture hardware keys...
Initialize.mscr: Running AutoRunMgr.exe...
Initialize.mscr: Closing/killing MainShell...
Initialize.mscr: Autolaunching MioPocket and/or the "AutoLaunchApp"...
ShellStart.mscr: Checking/setting the skin...
ShellStart.mscr: Minimizing all open windows...

Hope it makes sense to you.

ty
Go to Top of Page

Gremlin

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 30 oct. 2010 :  13:54:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, no takers?
Does that mean, that noone has the SDHC patch successfully in use?

Regards Gremlin

Edited by - Gremlin on 30 oct. 2010 13:55:14
Go to Top of Page

legion89

22 Posts

Posted - 30 oct. 2010 :  15:59:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
osprey. i've double clicked but nothing happens
Go to Top of Page

Hawk80

Mexico
4 Posts

Posted - 30 oct. 2010 :  16:01:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Osprey, thanks for response.

My problem was resolved, only I had to change a number (1 to 0 ) in the configuration file (Miopocket.ini)

;Whether the PowerButton runs automatically on bootup.
UsePowerButton=1

Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Rugged

5 Posts

Posted - 30 oct. 2010 :  21:19:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rugged,
You can just copy the MioAutoRun folder, MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr and MortScript.exe to the root of your flash drive, then run MioAutoRun.exe. You don't need to add MioAutoRun.exe to startup in any way, since installing MioPocket (which happens when you run MioAutoRun.exe) takes care of that for you. If you still have problems, let me know. - Osprey

Hello,

Thanks for your help here. However when I try to start MioAutoRun.exe, I get the error message "MioAutoRun is not a valid Windows CE aplication"

My CE device is a Geode 533GX AMD-X86 cpu machine with Windows CE 5 Pro Plus.

Regards

Edited by - Rugged on 30 oct. 2010 21:23:06
Go to Top of Page

2ez24get

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 30 oct. 2010 :  21:40:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2ez24get,
Hmm. Some people were having crashing issues with Media Player earlier, but they were fixed in R65. I'm not sure why R66 would be crashing. You can try changing the video driver used in Media Player. If it's not set to GDI, set it to that. If it's already set to that, try setting it to Framebuffer. If that doesn't help, I would try re-downloading R66 and, if it's an SD installation, formatting the card with Extras\Win32\SD Formatter in the MioPocket zip. If that doesn't help, you can try replacing your MioAutoRun\Programs\Media Player folder with the one included HERE or, if worst comes to worst, replacing it with the one included in R59.

Osprey, I just finished testing your recommendations. I get a crash in Media Player on any media file like the SimpsonsMovie-SpiderPig.mp4 file included in MP. I tried all the video drivers and downloaded the older Media Player you posted. My device is a Magellan Roadmate 1700 and I am using a 2GB SD disk. Audio works and pictures work no problems. I have a link to my crash.txt file. http://www.dupreelakes.org/share/crash.txt
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 31 oct. 2010 :  02:46:58  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Spike109,
Your video shows installation going through all of the steps, so it makes no sense to me that nothing was written to InstallLog.txt. As for StartupLog.txt, there should definitely be more messages written than that. Try opening MioAutoRun\Scripts\ShellStart.mscr and putting a # in front of the first line. If there are any error messages, you will now be able to see them and maybe that'll help to identify the problem.

legion69,
The shortcut is in MioAutoRun\Windows\Desktop. A simple re-installation will copy it again. You can also just copy it to \Windows\Desktop, yourself.

Rugged,
There's the problem. Your device has an x86 processor. MioPocket (and the vast majority of CE software) is for ARM processors. You won't be able to use MioPocket, unfortunately. FYI, almost as a rule, if a processor type is not listed when you download CE software, it's for ARM. To find software that you can run on your device, you will need to look for stuff that says that it's for x86, and you're not likely to find much, since devices like yours are not common at all.

2ez24get,
I imagine that it's a problem with ffmpeg.plg, which is the plugin that handles most of the supported video formats. Here's a package of many different versions that you can try one at a time in your MioAutoRun\Programs\Media Player folder: FFmpegPack.zip. If none of them work, try the ffmpeg.plg included in R59... and, if that doesn't work, remember my earlier suggestion of just replacing R66's Media Player folder with R59's.

Edited by - Osprey on 31 oct. 2010 02:57:15
Go to Top of Page

Spike109

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - 31 oct. 2010 :  05:51:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

Spike109,
Your video shows installation going through all of the steps, so it makes no sense to me that nothing was written to InstallLog.txt. As for StartupLog.txt, there should definitely be more messages written than that. Try opening MioAutoRun\Scripts\ShellStart.mscr and putting a # in front of the first line. If there are any error messages, you will now be able to see them and maybe that'll help to identify the problem.

Osprey,
Still no joy... I added the "#" and retried... No error message and still nothing else..
Looks like I may have to just give up.
Thanks for the help.
Regards
Spike109
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 190 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05