Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2264

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket 4.0 (Unlock for GPS devices)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 190

tripitaka

4 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2010 :  11:02:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for responding Osprey - I better clarify a few things as I haven't conveyed the message well to you:

1. No, I haven't been installing apps to the default folder - I have been trying to install to a Program Files folder on my SD Card but getting the message as described previously, which I did not get using the previous unlock. So there is something else wrong here - perhaps the directory paths in the scripts? (that's just a random guess)
2. I am talking about MP Settings - its not just that they aren't saved its that the changes are not accepted. This relates to all settings I've tried to change. There is no message that they have not been accepted but the changes are not made and if I immediately reopen MP Settings it has reverted to its previous settings.
Go to Top of Page

legion89

22 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2010 :  11:04:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok osprey, i've installed the windows desktop and the mipocket 3.0 on the M400... with tomtom also.. but sometimes when i turn it on , tomtom can't find any gps signal! why??
Go to Top of Page

sonycam

Croatia
21 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2010 :  18:45:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

sonycam,
I thought that you said that you already had MioMap 3.3 on your device. That confused me, since the C620 comes with MioMap 2008. Anyways, MioMap 2008 is what Mio Moovs come with, so try the tricks in the Mio Moov section of SD installation. Specifically, try running MioMap 2008 and waiting for a GPS lock.

well that is the problem I dont have nothing install on c620,have some files but they dont work. so I am thinking if I could install MP on device and then run some other gps softvare like IGO.
when I run MP from SDcard it shows the install screen and I can run win.explorer or somethin else but start screen of MP whit icons does not come.
Go to Top of Page

mrcorn

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2010 :  18:47:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone
Fist off thanks to everyone for your assistance on installing miopocket 3.0 on my Magellan 4250. Have tried for severial days to install miopocket 4.0 using both SD free and flash drive install with no success. The unit will boot to the mio menu, I choose run mio and it will jump back to the Magellan menu than back to the mio menu. It seems to me the script is not initializing.
I have tried every release from r60 to r66 to no avail.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Sprako

7 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2010 :  23:38:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey

This is completely unbelievable, I got MioPocket 4.0 to work.
I'm I happy or not.
Photonav is my device.

Atleast for now it is working.
I have read so much about different problems vs. Photonav.

j
Go to Top of Page

repmek

4 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2010 :  00:28:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Osprey (and others who might be able to help):

I am trying to unlock my friends Mio C710 in order to put TomTom on it and possibly Igo 8.
I have put Miopocket 4.0 release 66 on a SD-card and renamed the two Mioautorun.* files first to C710autorun.* b
But that did not work.
After renaming both files to Oscar200DM.* I was able to get into WinCE mode.
However when I start "Run Miopocket" I get the following message:

"Sub must not be in control structure. Line 29 (\Storage card\MioAutorun\\Scripts\Variables.mscr): Sub variables"

What am I doing wrong and how can I correct this?

All help would be greatly appreciated.

REPMEK
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2010 :  03:29:36  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ProCro,
It sounds like it did solve your problem, technically, since your problem was that you got "nothing" before and, now, you get the startup menu and can install MioPocket. You now have a new problem, it appears. I don't understand when you say that MioPocket "interferes with the old menu," since MioPocket is supposed to replace it. If that's not what you mean, elaborate, please. As for the "ProcExists" problem, that's curious because I've never heard of anyone having that problem in this particular situation (prior to installation), but you should be able to solve it by copying MioAutoRun\System\toolhelp.dll to the InstallSD folder.

tripitaka,
1. Oh, ok. Sorry. I thought that you might've thought that the SD card was the default folder. Are you using the "CAB Install" icon on the Tools page? Something that you might try is backing up your data on your SD card and re-formatting the card with Extras\Win32\SD Formatter in the MioPocket zip, since it could be because of some errors in the card's file system. Another thing to try is running MioAutoRun\System\wceloadext.exe and disabling all checks. Finally, I know that this isn't an answer to the problem, per se, but one option is to extract the .cab via Extras\Win32\MSCEInf (CAB Extractor)\MSCEInf.exe in the extracted MioPocket zip and copy the extract files to your device rather than installing the .cab.
2. Could MioAutoRun\MioPocket.ini be set to read-only? Check that it isn't. If that's not it, perhaps the reformat of the SD card will solve this problem.

legion89,
Try using the GPS Utilities menu (on the Navigation page) to switch the GPS mode to NMEA (or, if that doesn't help, SiRF).

sonycam,
Did you buy the device used or something? If so, then it sounds like the previous owner messed things up and sold it to pass the problem onto someone else (you). You don't have the original DVD that came with the device, do you? If so, you could run the restore operation on it. If not, then I wonder if your flash drive is corrupt. That could explain why the apps on it don't work for you and why you don't see MioPocket load after installing it from SD card. Formatting it may solve the problem. If you do that, backup what's on it first, but it sounds like nothing works, anyways, so that may be pointless. If reformatting doesn't solve the problem or you're not sure that you want to format it, you can change the SD installation so that the crucial two files that it needs for launching are not saved to the flash drive. You can do that by opening MioAutoRun\Scripts\Unlock.mscr, searching for FlashFolder\"Launch.exe", changing it to "\Windows\Launch.exe"; then, on the next line, replacing FlashFolder\"Launch.ini" with "\Windows\Launch.ini"; then, search for FlashFolder\"Launch.exe" again and change it to "\Windows\Launch.exe" again.

mrcorn,
Did you replace your old, 3.0 MioAutoRun.mscr (which you renamed) with 4.0's version? If so, then try this one: MioAutoRun.mscr. If that doesn't help, what's in your MioAutoRun\Backup\StartupLog.txt?

repmek,
Was there already an unlock installed on the device? If so, did you replace the existing MortScript.exe with the one included in R66? If that's not it, does copying the following to MioAutoRun\Scripts solve it? Unlock.mscr

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe

Edited by - Osprey on 23 oct. 2010 03:45:50
Go to Top of Page

Janne

Sweden
92 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2010 :  10:02:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Repmek
I think you should rename the files to C710Auto.exe and
C710Auto.mscr respectively. It's in the readme 4a section
under SD-card install.

C710, Wince .Net 4.2 Core
ROM Version R37F.3.112.1201
Sandisk Ultra II 2GB
Go to Top of Page

legion89

22 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2010 :  12:07:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@osprey : where is the gps utility?
Go to Top of Page

repmek

4 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2010 :  13:19:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Osprey

quote: <<<<<<Was there already an unlock installed on the device? If so, did you replace the existing MortScript.exe with the one included in R66? If that's not it, does copying the following to MioAutoRun\Scripts solve it? Unlock.mscr>>>>

No, there wasn't a previous unlock installed.
I copied all files of r66 to the SD-card.

I have copied the new unlock.mscr file from your link (date 23Oct 2010?)and started MioPocket again.

I guess we're making a bit of progress, since now I get the message:

"Sub must not be in control structure.
Line 114 (\storage card\Mioautorun\scripts\skinchanger.mscr): Sub choose480x272"

(I assume this has something to do with commands for the right resolution; as far as I know the C710 has this resolution, although the screen itself is somewhat bigger than the old Qtec S100 I have.

Do you have any additional suggestions?
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Sprako

7 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2010 :  17:52:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A question!

Are all the games and stuff supposed to work in MioPocket 4.0?
I suspect my flashmemory might be a bit too small.
Some programs just dont work, no I do not mean the GPS ones, they are not supposed to work.

When I install Mio on Photonav it is calculatin diskspace.
Why, is there not enough space so it has to cut down on some programmes or what?

Flashmemory 1.73 GB, and 1.62 used.

Not much availabe.

edit: And the device has 64 MB memory, enough?

j

Edited by - Sprako on 23 oct. 2010 19:46:15
Go to Top of Page

John Dough

Andorra
397 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2010 :  19:09:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Osprey

None of your suggestions work unfortunately but I suspect it is a card or reader problem with the C320b as practically all cards will not work.

Only thing for it then is a sdfree install so I will let you know how it progresses.

@Janne

Ok I will try to get it later this week as my wife is away with the GPS at the moment.

Mio V505TV CE 6 16gb microsd card MIO V735TV MP4 R68 16gb sdhccard /MIO C710 4gb sd card MP4 R68 Igo83tts Miomap V3.3ttsVexia 2 android
Go to Top of Page

uhi711

5 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2010 :  20:07:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Osprey,

I installed your MP4 on a chinese device (i think it is chinese, it's called APEX Digital 5066). I did the installation on the SD card because it's memory is not accessible. Everything worked fine but I could not replace it's built-in start-up menu.
In order to start the MP4, I had to change navigator's path to the MP4 path.
MP4 worked fine, but because of my device's processor which is too slow, I decided to remove the MP4 shell.
The only problem I have now is that the device's hardware power button stopped functioning at all. The power button had to function (when it worked):
1. ON/OFF button
2. switch button (like windows ALT-TAB) to device's Main Menu, when being inside the navigation program, in order to be able to make changes to device's behaviour without having to quit the navigator.
Now I am able to shutdown the device only by pressing the Reset button (which resets all the settings to the factory defaults) or by changing each time the navigator's path to a small file called HardReset.exe which, when run, shuts down the device (when starting the device I have to change back the navigator's button path to the navigation app). None of these methods is convenient.
Can you help me to restore the original behaviour of the on/off button, at least the on/off capability? I looked through the registry and I found some keys I think they are related to on/off button behaviour but I can't change them. I'm using a program called RegEdit (TRE v0.82) from TascalSoft, but I can not make changes because I don't have a keyboard. I thought maybe I could export the keys I want to change and after that to import them back but this also didn't work because the program exits suddenly with an error when choosing the export/import function.
The keys I found are as follows:
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power
- SystemPriority256=F8 (248)
- DisableGwesPowerOff=0 (0)
- SystemIdleTimerResetEvent="PowerManager/SystemIdleTimerReset"
- BattPowerOff=0 (0)
- ExtPowerOff=0 (0)
- SuspendPriority256=64 (100)
- WakeupPowerOff=0 (0)
Any idea?

Thank you anyway for the great work you did with the MP4.

Daniel
Go to Top of Page

sonycam

Croatia
21 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2010 :  22:12:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

sonycam,
Did you buy the device used or something? If so, then it sounds like the previous owner messed things up and sold it to pass the problem onto someone else (you). You don't have the original DVD that came with the device, do you? If so, you could run the restore operation on it. If not, then I wonder if your flash drive is corrupt. That could explain why the apps on it don't work for you and why you don't see MioPocket load after installing it from SD card. Formatting it may solve the problem. If you do that, backup what's on it first, but it sounds like nothing works, anyways, so that may be pointless. If reformatting doesn't solve the problem or you're not sure that you want to format it, you can change the SD installation so that the crucial two files that it needs for launching are not saved to the flash drive. You can do that by opening MioAutoRun\Scripts\Unlock.mscr, searching for FlashFolder\"Launch.exe", changing it to "\Windows\Launch.exe"; then, on the next line, replacing FlashFolder\"Launch.ini" with "\Windows\Launch.ini"; then, search for FlashFolder\"Launch.exe" again and change it to "\Windows\Launch.exe" again.

well yes I formated device g_alin was gave me an image from him but I thin its not good,second thing I change lines as You said in MioAutoRun/Scripts but again nothing happens,maybe I do something wrong :(
Now I ask G_alin if he have any other image for c620 because its hard to find it on net, than I wil give a try again whit Your solution.
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 24 oct. 2010 :  00:40:52  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
legion89,
On the "Navigation" page of 3.0 releases, starting with R55, and on the "GPS" page of all 4.0 releases.

repmek,
FYI, there's nothing wrong with the code. The "sub must not be in control structure" error is a bug in MortScript.exe that I can't solve (since I'm not the MortScript author), but I've been able to work around it a number of times. The following will work around that latest error: Unlock.mscr. If you get another such error, let me know.

Sprako,
Not all apps and games will work for everyone. Some lucky people will find that everything works, but most will find at least a few that don't (and it's a different few for everyone). Every device is different because every manufacturer chooses different WinCE components to include. No, it has nothing to do with free disk space, free RAM or any decision-making done by MioPocket when it installs. If something doesn't work, I suggest simply deleting the icon.

uhi711,
You've set it back so that the navigation software runs again, right? I ask because, sometimes, navigation software enables hardware features like the power button. If that's definitely not it... if you put MioPocket 4.0 R66 back on your SD card and run MioAutoRun.exe to get MioPocket's startup menu, you can choose the "Run Utilities" option to have access to a registry editor, file manager and task manager with keyboard ability (assuming it works). That's probably the best way to work with your device. First, I would use the task manager to check if a process named PowerButton.exe is running. If it is, kill it. Next, if you used MioPocket's "remove" script, then you ought to have a folder named "MioPocket Backup" on your SD card. Inside should be a PreInstallationBackup.reg file that has all of your registry settings prior to installing MioPocket. If so, you can import those with the registry editor. There might also be a StartupApps.reg in the folder that you can import, too. After all of that, you may need to soft reset the device, which you can try doing via MioAutoRun\Programs\Reset.exe, MioAutoRun\Programs\Restart.exe or MioAutoRun\Programs\PHM Tools\Reset.exe. If none of that helps, it's possible that (like my first idea) some software that came with your device controls the power button and, somehow, it's no longer running. I can't guess at that, but maybe that'll remind you that you did prevent some other software from running.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe

Edited by - Osprey on 24 oct. 2010 00:48:17
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 190 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05