Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2299

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket 4.0 (Unlock for GPS devices)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 190

edmaronline

5 Posts

Posted - 12 oct. 2010 :  17:13:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand Osprey. Do you know any kind of app that looks like the Aldiko to Wince? It's a nice app. Or do you know any wince app that reads the Aldiko type of file?
Go to Top of Page

Janne

Sweden
92 Posts

Posted - 12 oct. 2010 :  20:21:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey, John Dough
Re. Keyboard not selectable.
I installed MPMini on my SD-card and started replacing libraries from MP66 to Mini.
I started remove/replacing MioAutoRun\Scripts folder - keyboard still selectable.
Next, remove/replace MioAutoRun\Windows folder - keyboard still selectable.
Next, remove/replace MioAutoRun\System folder - keyboard is NOT selectable, I get the "Show Input Panel"-window down to the right.
It seems as there is something in the System folder screwing things up. I'll continue restoring the System folder and then replace the sub-libraries one by one to narrow it down.
As additional info, I'm using DiffDaff - a tool to compare folders/files/webpages, quite helpful. I'll keep you posted.

C710, Wince .Net 4.2 Core
ROM Version R37F.3.112.1201
Sandisk Ultra II 2GB
Go to Top of Page

Gremlin

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 13 oct. 2010 :  03:46:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rlarry
Now the problem is how to put my backup registry on the device? Just importin them? I don't think so, because some entries must pe removed from the device. This entries are not present in my backup. How can I instruck my device to delete them from .reg file? I tried some tests using `-` sign in .reg file. But it doesn't work like on PC. Do you have a solutions for deleting them using a .reg file?

Export the current registry and get a tool called Advanced Registry Tracer or Tracker.
The tool can compare the current registry file with the backup and create an undo or redo file for you. This will then, if you merge it into your current registry, add, change and delete entries.

Regards Gremlin
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 13 oct. 2010 :  06:32:35  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OFF-TOPIC
The Win32 tool "Advanced Registry Tracer" (ART; formely RegFix) - by Elcom Ltd. - which Gremlin pointed out, is shareware and costs ca. $40.00. If interested in this utility you can download it here.
FYI, a freeware solution (IdiffCE 1.0) is described here.

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 13 oct. 2010 07:25:01
Go to Top of Page

gabrielo500

Romania
20 Posts

Posted - 13 oct. 2010 :  12:11:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi friend! I just buy from Germany a new GPS (PNA) a-rival nav-pnf 50 link- http://a-rival.de/cms.php?id_cms=22 .I want to install on this device miopocket 4.0 to became a PDA and I can use more apps,games,music,etc.I have a big problem.All programs,windows and navigation software is in the internal memory of device installed.Have also a micro sd-card slot.I buy a micro sd-card where i put miopocket but every time when I insert the card in GPS the device not recognize itOnly a beep.The factory menu settings have nowhere a icon or something with which to access or open sd-card memory!If you can help me please explain me also how to install miopocket in my device but please if possible step by step because I have little experience...Please help me and escuse me for my bad english !
Go to Top of Page

gabrielo500

Romania
20 Posts

Posted - 13 oct. 2010 :  13:01:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi friend! I just buy from Germany a new GPS (PNA) a-rival nav-pnf 50 link- http://a-rival.de/cms.php?id_cms=22 .I want to install on this device miopocket 4.0 to became a PDA and I can use more apps,games,music,etc.I have a big problem.All programs,windows and navigation software is in the internal memory of device installed.Have also a micro sd-card slot.I buy a micro sd-card where i put miopocket but every time when I insert the card in GPS the device not recognize itOnly a beep.The factory menu settings have nowhere a icon or something with which to access or open sd-card memory!If you can help me please explain me also how to install miopocket in my device but please if possible step by step because I have little experience...Please help me and escuse me for my bad english !
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 13 oct. 2010 :  13:16:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@gabrielo500

My wife is navigating with a A-Rival Nava 400 http://www.testberichte.de/test/produkt_tests_baros_a_rival_naca_400_p125739.html. There's only Navigating Software installed, not more, because this dvice has a hive based registry and is very sensitive. Means if you are not careful, you can scrap it very quick.
Must not neccessarily the same with yours, just as a warning.

Do you have active sync connection to the device? If yes, look into the internal Flash. In the Root of Flash is there a .txt or .ini file? If yes, copy that to your PC and open with text editor. What is the content?

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others
Go to Top of Page

rlarry

Romania
7 Posts

Posted - 13 oct. 2010 :  14:10:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Gremlin
I will try what you had said. Advanced Registry Tracer or Tracker.
For the moment I compared my registrys using notepad and I found some differences.
Maybe, after importing them, my device will work.
If my device will not work afther that, my device might broken phisically when deleting the registry.
But I don't think so.
Or, I was tricked at the service. They broken my device or they changed it with another device that was broken.

Thanks again.

Evolio E520
Go to Top of Page

gabrielo500

Romania
20 Posts

Posted - 13 oct. 2010 :  15:29:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bumbum...
I just make what are you tell me.I copy the file sd.ini from internal flash to my pc,open with notepad and i have this> [sd]
sdpathupdate=08:57:57
sdcardfolder=DataFlash
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 13 oct. 2010 :  17:39:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@gabrielo500

it's obviously not that easy as it is on my A-Rival 400. There I have a iGOPath.txt with following content
quote:
[pre_init]
LangSyncOn = "\\Residentflash\\langsync.exe"

[pre_quit]
LangSyncOff = "\\Residentflash\\langsync.exe"

[modules]
Settings = "icons/settings.bmp", "settings", 1
Navigate = "", "\\Flash Disk\\myguide\\myguide.exe"

This shows me Menu a after starting up with a Navigate and Settings Button. I now can add into this file, just as an example

quote:
Total Commander ="","\\SDMMC\\Total Commander\\CECMD.exe"

and I have a third Button starting Totalcommander from SD

Seems your device is not working that way.

Try following:

Write on your PC to sd.ini

[sd]
sdpathupdate=00:05:49
sdcardfolder=SDMMC

Create with editor a shell.ini with following content:

\Total Commander\CECMD.exe

copy this two files to the ROOT of your SD Card

copy Total Commander Folder you find in Miopocket download also to the Root of SD

After Hardreset and clicking Navigation Button TotalCommander should start.

Question: Do you have a Launch.exe or "somethingelse".exe on the Root of your Flash Disk?

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others

Edited by - bumbum on 13 oct. 2010 17:43:40
Go to Top of Page

Gremlin

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 13 oct. 2010 :  18:41:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Osprey
A little Offtopic question.
I wanted to use the emulator archive you've posted a few days back.
I wanted to use it with the original Firmware image from the manufacturers site of my device. But i get the error: "File needs to be a bin file." Strangely, it is a bin file.

Do i need to do something with the image, before i can use it in the emulator?

Also double clicking on Device Emulator.exe gives an error. Dragging and dropping Device Emulator.mscr onto MortScript.exe works fine. ?

Regards Gremlin
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 14 oct. 2010 :  08:08:26  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cosmo_z,
You said that you reset the device to factory settings. That includes the registry, so it should be in factory condition, too. Regardless, to answer your question, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init is where startup apps are defined.

edmaronline,
uBook (included in MioPocket) is the best for WinCE that I'm aware of. It, supposedly, can read .epub files (which Aldiko reads). They may have to be zipped up; I'm not sure.

Janne,
Good sleuthing. That's curious, though, because the System folder in MioPocket Mini is much, much smaller than in MioPocket and works differently. Instead of the folder being added to the SystemPath (so that apps can find the DLLs where they are), the files in it are copied to \Windows. Here are a few things for you to try (in order):
1. Delete MioAutoRun\System\Ole32.dll and Oleaut32.dll, hard reset and re-install, then test the keyboard.
2. Replace the Scripts and Windows folders with the ones from Mini, then test again. This should be done because, for example, something in a script could copy a DLL from the System folder, meaning that the problem is dependent on the state of both the System and Scripts folders.
3. Delete all files in the System folder, including in all subfolders, and re-install. After testing, replace it with Mini's System folder and re-install. If the keyboard works in one case and not the other, then you should be able to determine which file is responsible fairly easily, since there are only a dozen or so files involved.

gabrielo500,
See if you have an iGOPath.txt on your SD card, like bumbum said. If not, try his other suggestions, since he knows a lot more about that brand than I do. If nothing works, then I don't see how you can do an SD installation and your only option would be to do an SDfree installation, which involves replacing an executable that your device already runs (like the navigation software or other menu-related app).

rlarry,
Since they didn't change the software on your device, just your registry settings, the old registry settings that you backed up should work. Afterall, why would they break your device when they worked before? That is unless the service center changed more than just the registry, but you seemed to indicate that the registry was it. Anyways, just to be safe, I recommend backing up your new registry before importing the old.

Gremlin,
1. It may have a .bin extension, but it suggests that the file is not in the the right format (i.e. not the right kind of .bin file). I'm not sure what it is or how to convert it. I've spent some time trying to convert other image files to use in Device Emulator and haven't been successful.
2. Device Emulator.exe works for me.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe

Edited by - Osprey on 14 oct. 2010 08:13:44
Go to Top of Page

gabrielo500

Romania
20 Posts

Posted - 14 oct. 2010 :  10:32:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bumbum

Question: Do you have a Launch.exe or "somethingelse".exe on the Root of your Flash Disk?
[/quote]
yes,in DataFlash I have a folder named MAPTRIP and in this folder I have MAPTRIP.exe
I tried what you tell me but unfortunately it did not work...
The software of my device is maptrip 2.5.2 and operating system windows ce 6.0 embedded
Thank you so much for trying to help me!
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 14 oct. 2010 :  11:10:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gabrielo500,

before we go further, you should copy the original content of your internal Flash to your Desktop Computer

then please copy the two ini files from SD to internal Flash. Now Total Commander should start after Hardreset and clicking Navigation Button

Go to Top of Page

gabrielo500

Romania
20 Posts

Posted - 14 oct. 2010 :  12:02:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bumbum
And TotalCommander folder remanin in sd card or copy to internal flash with the two .ini files?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 190 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05